im on a quest for the least tiring headphones so i can easily listen to music all day without problems. will you help me fellow head-fiers?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone vs Speakers Last post on 12/31/12 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 68/5/12 at 10:21ampost #3 of 68/5/12 at 1:34pmThread Starter
im more interested in what people have to say and their reasoning rather than price. im personally looking for a sub $200 closed back model for long use in a library, but i mostly opened this thread as something cool for headphone fanatics to discuss.post #4 of 68/5/12 at 9:30pmMp4nation HM5, it is a full size headphone that is closed but has a good sound stage and is comfortable. Sound wise it has a full spectrum sound that is not to bassy and not to treble centric. It is a very solid full size headphone without breaking the bank.post #5 of 68/5/12 at 11:09pmpost #6 of 68/6/12 at 12:00am
k550's are very comfortable and you might find them used for around 200 in the sell/trade forums
they are however to some people a bit too harsh sounding in terms of peaking from their treble, but then again that's a topic of subjectivity that should not be said for now
- Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H7 Bluetooth Headphones - NEW! 26 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 37 seconds ago
- › Questions about the Musical Fidelity V90-BHA + AKG K702 46 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 1 minute ago
- › Legally Downloadable Binaural recordings links 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 2 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › The AK320 thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...