im on a quest for the least tiring headphones so i can easily listen to music all day without problems. will you help me fellow head-fiers?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone vs Speakers Last post on 12/31/12 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
(PS: Some content may be a no-brainer for most; it's just there for the less informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 68/5/12 at 10:21ampost #3 of 68/5/12 at 1:34pmThread Starter
im more interested in what people have to say and their reasoning rather than price. im personally looking for a sub $200 closed back model for long use in a library, but i mostly opened this thread as something cool for headphone fanatics to discuss.post #4 of 68/5/12 at 9:30pmMp4nation HM5, it is a full size headphone that is closed but has a good sound stage and is comfortable. Sound wise it has a full spectrum sound that is not to bassy and not to treble centric. It is a very solid full size headphone without breaking the bank.post #5 of 68/5/12 at 11:09pmpost #6 of 68/6/12 at 12:00am
k550's are very comfortable and you might find them used for around 200 in the sell/trade forums
they are however to some people a bit too harsh sounding in terms of peaking from their treble, but then again that's a topic of subjectivity that should not be said for now
- Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Project Ember (pseudo V2) 13 seconds ago
- › Don't like ATH-M50x... how to change them? 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio TripleFi 10 reboot - Japan only, limited to 1000 pairs 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 1 minute ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...