im on a quest for the least tiring headphones so i can easily listen to music all day without problems. will you help me fellow head-fiers?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone vs Speakers Last post on 12/31/12 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
BACKGROUND I enjoyed my Superlux HD-330 for several months. I always had a closed pair, an open pair, and earbuds at any given situation to cover all my needs – isolated listening, awareness of...
Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 68/5/12 at 10:21ampost #3 of 68/5/12 at 1:34pmThread Starter
im more interested in what people have to say and their reasoning rather than price. im personally looking for a sub $200 closed back model for long use in a library, but i mostly opened this thread as something cool for headphone fanatics to discuss.post #4 of 68/5/12 at 9:30pmMp4nation HM5, it is a full size headphone that is closed but has a good sound stage and is comfortable. Sound wise it has a full spectrum sound that is not to bassy and not to treble centric. It is a very solid full size headphone without breaking the bank.post #5 of 68/5/12 at 11:09pmpost #6 of 68/6/12 at 12:00am
k550's are very comfortable and you might find them used for around 200 in the sell/trade forums
they are however to some people a bit too harsh sounding in terms of peaking from their treble, but then again that's a topic of subjectivity that should not be said for now
- Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 9 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 43 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › New member 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear