im on a quest for the least tiring headphones so i can easily listen to music all day without problems. will you help me fellow head-fiers?
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 8/6/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSony MDR-F1 Full-Open-Air Headphones with Impedance Compensatortagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best Pairing of Headphones to Song in your collection Last post on 9/27/12 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone vs Speakers Last post on 12/31/12 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The Zen 2...
Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 68/5/12 at 10:21ampost #3 of 68/5/12 at 1:34pmThread Starter
im more interested in what people have to say and their reasoning rather than price. im personally looking for a sub $200 closed back model for long use in a library, but i mostly opened this thread as something cool for headphone fanatics to discuss.post #4 of 68/5/12 at 9:30pmMp4nation HM5, it is a full size headphone that is closed but has a good sound stage and is comfortable. Sound wise it has a full spectrum sound that is not to bassy and not to treble centric. It is a very solid full size headphone without breaking the bank.post #5 of 68/5/12 at 11:09pmpost #6 of 68/6/12 at 12:00am
k550's are very comfortable and you might find them used for around 200 in the sell/trade forums
they are however to some people a bit too harsh sounding in terms of peaking from their treble, but then again that's a topic of subjectivity that should not be said for now
- Effortless Listening (A Quest For The Least Tiring Headphones!)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 and Schiit Bifrost uber usb gen 2 2 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Grado SR-80i Headphones, Very Good Condition, Blacked Out Mod,... 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the New Classic Universal Line from Noble 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ 7 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › JDS Labs ULTRA SHORT 3.5MM INTERCONNECT CABLE by audiophilefan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...