Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K551 out soon.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K551 out soon. - Page 4

post #46 of 119

confused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Funk View Post

 

Philips had the SHP8000, an older headphone if I am correct. It's a nice headphone by the way...

 

And this would be relevant how?

post #47 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

confused.gif

 

And this would be relevant how?

 

It looks exactly the same (or VERY closely related to) as the K550/1

post #48 of 119

There'd better be an Android cable in there.

post #49 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingupenguins View Post

It looks exactly the same (or VERY closely related to) as the K550/1

 

biggrin.gif  LOL!  That's what it was?  You da man Bri, but respectfully I must disagree.  Still, thanks for the clue-in!

post #50 of 119

Is it difficult to reduce the cable length of the k550 to 1.2m without damaging the headphones?

post #51 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristidesfl View Post

Is it difficult to reduce the cable length of the k550 to 1.2m without damaging the headphones?

 

If your competent with a soldering iron, should be a simple task. Just open the headphones, pull the wire in till it's the desired length. Cut and solder. Then screw it all back together. This way you get to keep the 3.5mm plug at the bottom.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

biggrin.gif  LOL!  That's what it was?  You da man Bri, but respectfully I must disagree.  Still, thanks for the clue-in!

 

Well IMO it looks pretty similar, but that's just me. Akg did make some design improvements however.

post #52 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingupenguins View Post

Well IMO it looks pretty similar, but that's just me. Akg did make some design improvements however.

 

For me, it's a function of my years spent as a graphic designer.  Spotting small subtleties (or changes in a shape's lines) becomes a matter of habit.  But if you ever get bored you can try this as an exercise:

 

1.  Using one continuous line, draw out what the K551 looks like as accurately as possible - in the sense that if you were to show someone else who knew what the K551 looks like, they would recognize it instantly.

 

2.  Do the same with the Philips.

 

3.  Compare the drawings.

post #53 of 119

Anyone know when the K551 will hit the streets?

Reply
post #54 of 119

A few seconds after someone throws them out the window of a 30 storey building..biggrin.gif

post #55 of 119

would love to find out more about these guys.

post #56 of 119
AKG PR said I won't be getting these. I'm small time. smily_headphones1.gif I need 100,000 subs before they will consider me. I will have to buy one.
Reply
post #57 of 119

they make any mention of release dates?

post #58 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiGuy528 View Post

AKG PR said I won't be getting these. I'm small time. smily_headphones1.gif I need 100,000 subs before they will consider me. I will have to buy one.

 

Very well AKG, if THAT's the game you want to play...  then so be it.  very_evil_smiley.gif

post #59 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Very well AKG, if THAT's the game you want to play...  then so be it.  very_evil_smiley.gif

 

I still have Love for them :)

Reply
post #60 of 119

LOL Hifiguy528 is small-time? I feel like AKG is out of touch these days. Next thing you know, they'll be calling Tyll small-fry. wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K551 out soon.