Wow - bummer guys! I'm just glad you didn't pay too much for them. And I'm glad that I wasn't just in the right thread at the right time LOL!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/6/12
- productSennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 8/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Choosing Headphones Last post on 9/22/12 at 1:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- PX 100 equivalent - removable cable Last post on 11/26/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the ath ad700s any good? Please help. Last post on 9/15/12 at 1:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 48 Hour burned in HD598 can't beat PX100ii with 500+ hours of usage Last post on 9/15/13 at 9:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding better headphones Last post on 8/13/12 at 7:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
(WARNING) Fake PX100-II's on the market (w/ comparison to genuine) - Page 2post #16 of 258/8/12 at 10:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 258/8/12 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan
Here are links to our authorized US dealers partners, as well as a running list of non-authorized merchants:
BTW, feel free to add "Cheung Ling Fung" (Amazon seller) to that list if you want, lol.Quote:
Yeah, sux to be us I guess.post #18 of 253/21/13 at 1:03pmpost #19 of 253/17/15 at 5:50am
This was going to be a promising thread with all the posters getting ready to post pictures and all... Then came Eric from Sennheiser with an obscure rationale against posting pictures and now I have no idea whether I have a genuine pair or a fake one, having read the whole thread. They do say a picture is worth a thousand words, ya know. Let's see some pictures!post #20 of 254/1/15 at 6:47amOriginally Posted by Katun
This probably wouldn't effect me as much as it does, but the PX100-II's are one of my favorite headphones.
Appearance differences WITH the need of comparison:
1) Entire black appearance of the headphone is more sparkly on the genuine pair, while the fake has more of a semi-shiny black look.
2) "1" and "2" on the bottom sides of the arms are different fonts. The genuine has much more of a beveled look, while the fake is flat.
3) Font of "PX100-II" on the bottom outside of earcups is different. Genuine pair is thinner and cleaner, fake is thicker and a bit blurry.
4) The "garbage can and CE" on the inside of the left arm is much more beveled on the genuine pair. Similar to the 1 and 2 on the arms.
5) "L" and "R" are different fonts between both models. The genuine pair has a deeper engraved font, and the bumps on the L side are bigger.
6) Printed "Sennheiser" on the top of the headband is more of a grey color on the fake pair, and more of a black color on the genuine.
7) Headband is slightly wider on the fake pair, most notably due to the fake pair having a wider metal part. Slightest bronze tint on the fake pair.
8) Hinge joints on both arms are more of a dull bronze color on the fake pair, while sparkly silver on the genuine. They're also smaller on the genuine.
Appearance differences WITHOUT the need of comparison:
9) "PX100-II" lettering doesn't exist on the inside right arm of the genuine headphone, while the fake pair clearly has those markings.
10) The "S" logo on the outside arms is white on the fake pair and a sparkly silver on the genuine pair. Fake has blurry edges looking closely.
11) Cord is a 45 inches on fake and 49 on genuine, while being more flexible and feeling softer. Fake pair feels cheap and has many kinks in it.
12) Slight differences in jack colors, but the "S" has rounded edges on the genuine, and square edges on the fake. Genuine is also more beveled.
13) Taking off earpads and looking at the drivers, the genuine pair has numbers printed on the center on both sides, while the fake has nothing.
Build differences that SHOULD be apparent without comparison:
14) Earcup swivel is stiff and very restrictive on the fake, while easily maneuverable on the genuine. They also "click" into place on the genuine pair.
15) When folding the arms, the fake pair is very stiff and makes a loud "click", while the genuine is much smoother to unlock and lock.
16) Headband adjustment "scrapes" on the fake pair and doesn't stay in place well. Genuine has a definitive "click" with each increment.
17) A good rule of thumb; if you are getting the impression of unevenness or low quality in any of the moving parts, you most likely have a fake.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the box to my original, so I can't compare those. Also, bought them for $8.
Please see post #11 for great sound impression! Also, please see post #13 regarding comparison pictures.
Are you sure about this? Check out the photo from the Sennheiser web site.
Sure looks more matte black than shiny and the Sennheiser logo appears to be white.post #21 of 254/5/15 at 5:10pmThread Starter
^^ That seems a bit suspicious to me as I've never seen a PX100-II with a right angle plug. Unless they've changed it.
^ I'm guessing it's just the lighting. It was pretty obvious when holding the two pairs side-by-side. Then again, manufacturing processes can change.post #22 of 254/6/15 at 6:10amQuote:
Never have seen the right angle plug as well. Hmmm.......post #23 of 254/6/15 at 9:47am
I had no idea this thread was running. I bought a set about 2 months ago from Amazon directly, to pull the drivers for a SennGrado build. They are not fakes. I wish would have taken more pics of my legit pair before throwing the unused parts away.
There should be a little square silver authenticity decal on ONE of the driver frames (right or left I can't remember?), and FWIW my set had a straight cable plug not a right angle plug.post #24 of 259/9/15 at 5:59am
I made an account to reply to this topic and to clarify a few points. There *are* models of PX-100II with right angle plugs. One such model is the one I received (authenticity was confirmed by the hologram and the QR code on the packaging). The warranty on the packaging is listed for Australia, so I am thinking that it was the Oceanic models or a later iteration that has been copied by the knockoff makers. Also, on this iteration there is the "PX 100 - II" writing on the right side aswell. When you take the pads off, the seal of authenticity should be on the LEFT drive, the drive out which the single cable comes out.
I am including a few photographs I've taken today (the date of this post). I apologise if they are not the best quality.
This is the front of the packaging:
Side of the packaging which tells us about the angled plug:
Backside of the packaging which shows the angled plug:
The plug itself, which is made of harder plastic than the cable. The cable itself feels rubbery and nice.
This is the model name written also on the right phone:
This is the left drive, out of which the single cable comes out. As I've mentioned, I've taken off the pad to check the seal and it's there.
I'd like to thank Katun for the wonderful review thread he made. His enthusiasm for these phones influenced my choice greatly and I am very happy with these.
I hope that this information will be helpful to others aswell.
- (WARNING) Fake PX100-II's on the market (w/ comparison to genuine)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 37 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Wtb: stock audeze cable (single ended) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse