Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 37

post #541 of 624
Not the first time my wallet took a hit for good sound and it won't be the last.

I am glad Alex included tubes with the unit. It will give me a baseline sound to compare when I start rolling.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #542 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by E976 View Post

Not the first time my wallet took a hit for good sound and it won't be the last.

I am glad Alex included tubes with the unit. It will give me a baseline sound to compare when I start rolling.

Hitch up your suspenders and get ready for a fun ride!

You will definitely want to roll some tubes through that beauty, probably sooner than later.
post #543 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by E976 View Post

Not the first time my wallet took a hit for good sound and it won't be the last.

I am glad Alex included tubes with the unit. It will give me a baseline sound to compare when I start rolling.

Hitch up your suspenders and get ready for a fun ride!

You will definitely want to roll some tubes through that beauty, probably sooner than later.
post #544 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Scott Ireland View Post


Hitch up your suspenders and get ready for a fun ride!

You will definitely want to roll some tubes through that beauty, probably sooner than later.

 

Agreed. Tube rolling on this amp, is just fantastic. I've run 5-10 different sets of tubes and all add something new to the table. This amp really is multiple amps made in one unit. 

post #545 of 624

Can anyone point me to a suitable primer on sonic signatures of various tubes?  For example, if I were seeking tubes to make the LG sound something close to a 300B amp, is there such a thing?  (I realize 300B is a power tube.)  Or tubes that present the clarity and transparency of stat amps?  I guess I'm looking to see how different I can get the LG to sound.

post #546 of 624

Well, it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you can always read Joe's Tube Lore.  Most tube reviews and thoughts are normally geared toward getting the tubes that best fit a particular listener's ideal rather than seeing how different the reviewer can make the amp sound.  It's an exercise that can be really fun with the LG, but I haven't found a whole lot of applicable reading.

post #547 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post

Well, it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you can always read Joe's Tube Lore.  Most tube reviews and thoughts are normally geared toward getting the tubes that best fit a particular listener's ideal rather than seeing how different the reviewer can make the amp sound.  It's an exercise that can be really fun with the LG, but I haven't found a whole lot of applicable reading.

I'm guessing that the results of tube rolling are so subjective that even if the purpose was to see how different the reviewer can make the amp sound it still might not really match your own perceptions. The LG is my first foray into the world of tube rolling but I'm looking forward to experimenting.
post #548 of 624

The good thing is that it will provide a relative correlation to ones own subjective impressions smily_headphones1.gif  ..dB

post #549 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBel84 View Post

The good thing is that it will provide a relative correlation to ones own subjective impressions smily_headphones1.gif  ..dB

 

That's a great point.  If you try out a couple of tubes from Joe's Tube Lore, you can form your own opinions and have a basis for comparison for the rest of the tubes.  It also can help give you more options for tubes to try out.  

post #550 of 624
If nothing else, the article from Joe's Tube Lore gives some good info on tube types, brands, etc.

Out of curiosity do the LG owners on this thread stick with NOS or are there any current production models that are worth checking out?
post #551 of 624

I actually feel the stock EH tubes are very good. I do not think the new production CV181's come close to NOS and not worth it imo

 

..dB

post #552 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dBel84 View Post

I actually feel the stock EH tubes are very good. I do not think the new production CV181's come close to NOS and not worth it imo

 

..dB

 

+1 on the stock EH tubes. They took me by surprise in how good they are as paired with this amp.

post #553 of 624

Anyone try CV 181 Shuguang treasure with the Liquid Glass yet? I m curious about their sound and output gain.

Any recommends for 6SN7 pairs around $300. I want clarity, sweet vocal, crispy high, and quality bass.

Last question, I want to upgrade my Dac too (current is wyred dac 2) any quality USB Dac under $4000 on the market?

Thanks,

post #554 of 624
Thread Starter 

Hello folks. Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested in a Liquid Glass know that there are only 2 left.

post #555 of 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by runeight View Post

Hello folks. Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested in a Liquid Glass know that there are only 2 left.


Just wondering (I have simple questions), what will happen if the last 2 are sold out? No more this production line? or the price will be increasing?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release