You know, I raced so fast to get it all together for LA I didn't actually weight it. I'll try to do that while I'm here in CO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:57am in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Hybrid Tube Amplifier - Tube Roller's Dream - ***$OLD*** Last post on 8/19/13 at 10:30pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Headphones for "electronic music" if money wasn't an issue. Last post on 3/20/13 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 4
Lol! It doesn't ring, vibrate or move when you plug a headphone into it. It's fine.
I would consider the Golden Lions a bare minimum for this amp.
I'm surprised he'll ship with tubes at all. It's made for rollers. If you don't have like...4 sets ready to go already when it gets there that sounds like your fault. :D
Actually, I was thinking of just that. Since anyone who buys this amp must want to roll some tubes and probably has a box of them already, I think it makes sense for me not to include any. Besides, anything that I would send along would be new production jobbies like the EH 6SN7s. Most of you might just chuck them into the trash (although I use them a sacrificial tubes when needed).
On the other hand, if you don't send tubes, users won't be able to enthuse about how thoroughly their NOS beauties trounce the stock tubes, which is part of the fun of tube rolling.
See the previous page, where Alex mentions pricing "between the LF and LL", and this page where he mentions he may not offer tubes at all because rollers already have their favorites. Makes sense to me, as the amount of time Alex would have to spend hunting down tubes (instead of the customer doing the same) is valuable time he could spend actually building the amps.
It really doesn't make sense for Alex to carry tube sets as this would merely imply a middle man for the buyer and thus a premium cost for tubes that are easily available elsewhere
remember, this amp can roll near any of the 6922 variants, the 12au7 variants and the 6sn7 variants - this teases out to a list of at least a hundred tube types, let alone manufacturers and vintage = a tube rollers dream
I was fortunate enough to give this little amp a listen in LA. I was truly impressed by the sound when driving the HE-6. I'm very familiar with the HE-6 , and have heard it from a variety of amplifiers. Everything about the liquid glass just speaks articulated sound. The control and tightness across the whole spectrum was something I hadn't heard from an amp before, especially powering the HE-6.
Hats off to a wonderful design, Mr. Cavalli
that's informative for those (undoubtedly many who are following this thread) who are very familiar with the Cavalli line and the prices of their products. for those of us not so up on this it doesn't really help. for the sake of general knowledge it would be beneficial if someone would someone post those prices as a general range for where the new amp may fall.
Edited by daveDerek - 8/22/12 at 9:27am
Because it can use so many tubes there's really no good way to put a price on it. For a pair of current production tubes to start with you're looking at about $40 minimum (lookin' at your, JJs). You could probably go out and spend $200+ per tube if you wanted.
Like you said, that could vary greatly. A new production pair of TS 6SN7's would run $30, while a pair of NOS TS BGRP can run upwards of $600. I've seen ECC32 pairs go for more than that. This is not even counting the other variants the LG can do.
The great thing with tube roller's amps is that it's totally dependent on what the roller wants to do. The amp can vary depending on what sound you're going for and the cost is totally in control of the roller's hands. The downside is those who just must have the best of everything won't settle until they find the most rare, exotic, and (of course) expensive tubes. People then factor this into the cost of the amp as in "It's $3XXX, but factor in an extra $500 for tubes", and then don't buy the amp because they can't afford the most expensive configuration possible. I've seen this happen with Balancing Act buyers and it is a skewed way of looking at things. A pair of current production EH tubes on the BA is fine, and I'm sure there are many cheap readily available tubes for the LG that will be a knockout.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 7 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 21 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 35 seconds ago
- › AKG K340 and perfect amplifying solution 48 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › best under $200 over-ear headphones for my needs 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best over ear headphones for a beginner? 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude