You know, I raced so fast to get it all together for LA I didn't actually weight it. I'll try to do that while I'm here in CO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 Last post on 7/19/16 at 6:23pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ray Samuels Dark Star vs Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 5/8/16 at 1:41am in High-end Audio Forum
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! Last post on Today at 6:13 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The Liquid Carbon Upgrade Guide & Impressions Tour Last post on 6/12/16 at 5:01pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The New CavalliAudio.com is now open! Last post on 3/23/16 at 9:14pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Lol! It doesn't ring, vibrate or move when you plug a headphone into it. It's fine.
I would consider the Golden Lions a bare minimum for this amp.
I'm surprised he'll ship with tubes at all. It's made for rollers. If you don't have like...4 sets ready to go already when it gets there that sounds like your fault. :D
Actually, I was thinking of just that. Since anyone who buys this amp must want to roll some tubes and probably has a box of them already, I think it makes sense for me not to include any. Besides, anything that I would send along would be new production jobbies like the EH 6SN7s. Most of you might just chuck them into the trash (although I use them a sacrificial tubes when needed).
On the other hand, if you don't send tubes, users won't be able to enthuse about how thoroughly their NOS beauties trounce the stock tubes, which is part of the fun of tube rolling.
See the previous page, where Alex mentions pricing "between the LF and LL", and this page where he mentions he may not offer tubes at all because rollers already have their favorites. Makes sense to me, as the amount of time Alex would have to spend hunting down tubes (instead of the customer doing the same) is valuable time he could spend actually building the amps.
It really doesn't make sense for Alex to carry tube sets as this would merely imply a middle man for the buyer and thus a premium cost for tubes that are easily available elsewhere
remember, this amp can roll near any of the 6922 variants, the 12au7 variants and the 6sn7 variants - this teases out to a list of at least a hundred tube types, let alone manufacturers and vintage = a tube rollers dream
I was fortunate enough to give this little amp a listen in LA. I was truly impressed by the sound when driving the HE-6. I'm very familiar with the HE-6 , and have heard it from a variety of amplifiers. Everything about the liquid glass just speaks articulated sound. The control and tightness across the whole spectrum was something I hadn't heard from an amp before, especially powering the HE-6.
Hats off to a wonderful design, Mr. Cavalli
that's informative for those (undoubtedly many who are following this thread) who are very familiar with the Cavalli line and the prices of their products. for those of us not so up on this it doesn't really help. for the sake of general knowledge it would be beneficial if someone would someone post those prices as a general range for where the new amp may fall.
Edited by daveDerek - 8/22/12 at 9:27am
Because it can use so many tubes there's really no good way to put a price on it. For a pair of current production tubes to start with you're looking at about $40 minimum (lookin' at your, JJs). You could probably go out and spend $200+ per tube if you wanted.
Like you said, that could vary greatly. A new production pair of TS 6SN7's would run $30, while a pair of NOS TS BGRP can run upwards of $600. I've seen ECC32 pairs go for more than that. This is not even counting the other variants the LG can do.
The great thing with tube roller's amps is that it's totally dependent on what the roller wants to do. The amp can vary depending on what sound you're going for and the cost is totally in control of the roller's hands. The downside is those who just must have the best of everything won't settle until they find the most rare, exotic, and (of course) expensive tubes. People then factor this into the cost of the amp as in "It's $3XXX, but factor in an extra $500 for tubes", and then don't buy the amp because they can't afford the most expensive configuration possible. I've seen this happen with Balancing Act buyers and it is a skewed way of looking at things. A pair of current production EH tubes on the BA is fine, and I'm sure there are many cheap readily available tubes for the LG that will be a knockout.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 27 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 36 seconds ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chicago area headphone meet - August 13th 2016 - ChiUniFi 1 minute ago
- › For Sale: Woo Audio WA2*Price Drop* 1 minute ago
- › Vibro Labs Aria UK Review Tour 2 minutes ago
- › How do you remove the ear pads on the Sony Mdr-1a 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...