You know, I raced so fast to get it all together for LA I didn't actually weight it. I'll try to do that while I'm here in CO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/14/14 at 7:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Hybrid Tube Amplifier - Tube Roller's Dream - ***$OLD*** Last post on 8/19/13 at 10:30pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Headphones for "electronic music" if money wasn't an issue. Last post on 3/20/13 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 4
Lol! It doesn't ring, vibrate or move when you plug a headphone into it. It's fine.
I would consider the Golden Lions a bare minimum for this amp.
I'm surprised he'll ship with tubes at all. It's made for rollers. If you don't have like...4 sets ready to go already when it gets there that sounds like your fault. :D
Actually, I was thinking of just that. Since anyone who buys this amp must want to roll some tubes and probably has a box of them already, I think it makes sense for me not to include any. Besides, anything that I would send along would be new production jobbies like the EH 6SN7s. Most of you might just chuck them into the trash (although I use them a sacrificial tubes when needed).
On the other hand, if you don't send tubes, users won't be able to enthuse about how thoroughly their NOS beauties trounce the stock tubes, which is part of the fun of tube rolling.
See the previous page, where Alex mentions pricing "between the LF and LL", and this page where he mentions he may not offer tubes at all because rollers already have their favorites. Makes sense to me, as the amount of time Alex would have to spend hunting down tubes (instead of the customer doing the same) is valuable time he could spend actually building the amps.
It really doesn't make sense for Alex to carry tube sets as this would merely imply a middle man for the buyer and thus a premium cost for tubes that are easily available elsewhere
remember, this amp can roll near any of the 6922 variants, the 12au7 variants and the 6sn7 variants - this teases out to a list of at least a hundred tube types, let alone manufacturers and vintage = a tube rollers dream
I was fortunate enough to give this little amp a listen in LA. I was truly impressed by the sound when driving the HE-6. I'm very familiar with the HE-6 , and have heard it from a variety of amplifiers. Everything about the liquid glass just speaks articulated sound. The control and tightness across the whole spectrum was something I hadn't heard from an amp before, especially powering the HE-6.
Hats off to a wonderful design, Mr. Cavalli
that's informative for those (undoubtedly many who are following this thread) who are very familiar with the Cavalli line and the prices of their products. for those of us not so up on this it doesn't really help. for the sake of general knowledge it would be beneficial if someone would someone post those prices as a general range for where the new amp may fall.
Edited by daveDerek - 8/22/12 at 9:27am
Because it can use so many tubes there's really no good way to put a price on it. For a pair of current production tubes to start with you're looking at about $40 minimum (lookin' at your, JJs). You could probably go out and spend $200+ per tube if you wanted.
Like you said, that could vary greatly. A new production pair of TS 6SN7's would run $30, while a pair of NOS TS BGRP can run upwards of $600. I've seen ECC32 pairs go for more than that. This is not even counting the other variants the LG can do.
The great thing with tube roller's amps is that it's totally dependent on what the roller wants to do. The amp can vary depending on what sound you're going for and the cost is totally in control of the roller's hands. The downside is those who just must have the best of everything won't settle until they find the most rare, exotic, and (of course) expensive tubes. People then factor this into the cost of the amp as in "It's $3XXX, but factor in an extra $500 for tubes", and then don't buy the amp because they can't afford the most expensive configuration possible. I've seen this happen with Balancing Act buyers and it is a skewed way of looking at things. A pair of current production EH tubes on the BA is fine, and I'm sure there are many cheap readily available tubes for the LG that will be a knockout.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 53 seconds ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Qobuz lowers streaming prices 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob