You know, I raced so fast to get it all together for LA I didn't actually weight it. I'll try to do that while I'm here in CO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials? Last post on 9/1/14 at 10:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/8/14 at 8:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Hybrid Tube Amplifier - Tube Roller's Dream - ***$OLD*** Last post on 8/19/13 at 10:30pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/14
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Lol! It doesn't ring, vibrate or move when you plug a headphone into it. It's fine.
I would consider the Golden Lions a bare minimum for this amp.
I'm surprised he'll ship with tubes at all. It's made for rollers. If you don't have like...4 sets ready to go already when it gets there that sounds like your fault. :D
Actually, I was thinking of just that. Since anyone who buys this amp must want to roll some tubes and probably has a box of them already, I think it makes sense for me not to include any. Besides, anything that I would send along would be new production jobbies like the EH 6SN7s. Most of you might just chuck them into the trash (although I use them a sacrificial tubes when needed).
On the other hand, if you don't send tubes, users won't be able to enthuse about how thoroughly their NOS beauties trounce the stock tubes, which is part of the fun of tube rolling.
See the previous page, where Alex mentions pricing "between the LF and LL", and this page where he mentions he may not offer tubes at all because rollers already have their favorites. Makes sense to me, as the amount of time Alex would have to spend hunting down tubes (instead of the customer doing the same) is valuable time he could spend actually building the amps.
It really doesn't make sense for Alex to carry tube sets as this would merely imply a middle man for the buyer and thus a premium cost for tubes that are easily available elsewhere
remember, this amp can roll near any of the 6922 variants, the 12au7 variants and the 6sn7 variants - this teases out to a list of at least a hundred tube types, let alone manufacturers and vintage = a tube rollers dream
I was fortunate enough to give this little amp a listen in LA. I was truly impressed by the sound when driving the HE-6. I'm very familiar with the HE-6 , and have heard it from a variety of amplifiers. Everything about the liquid glass just speaks articulated sound. The control and tightness across the whole spectrum was something I hadn't heard from an amp before, especially powering the HE-6.
Hats off to a wonderful design, Mr. Cavalli
that's informative for those (undoubtedly many who are following this thread) who are very familiar with the Cavalli line and the prices of their products. for those of us not so up on this it doesn't really help. for the sake of general knowledge it would be beneficial if someone would someone post those prices as a general range for where the new amp may fall.
Edited by daveDerek - 8/22/12 at 9:27am
Because it can use so many tubes there's really no good way to put a price on it. For a pair of current production tubes to start with you're looking at about $40 minimum (lookin' at your, JJs). You could probably go out and spend $200+ per tube if you wanted.
Like you said, that could vary greatly. A new production pair of TS 6SN7's would run $30, while a pair of NOS TS BGRP can run upwards of $600. I've seen ECC32 pairs go for more than that. This is not even counting the other variants the LG can do.
The great thing with tube roller's amps is that it's totally dependent on what the roller wants to do. The amp can vary depending on what sound you're going for and the cost is totally in control of the roller's hands. The downside is those who just must have the best of everything won't settle until they find the most rare, exotic, and (of course) expensive tubes. People then factor this into the cost of the amp as in "It's $3XXX, but factor in an extra $500 for tubes", and then don't buy the amp because they can't afford the most expensive configuration possible. I've seen this happen with Balancing Act buyers and it is a skewed way of looking at things. A pair of current production EH tubes on the BA is fine, and I'm sure there are many cheap readily available tubes for the LG that will be a knockout.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Dog + Leather Dog Pads + Comfort Strap (MD003) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)