You know, I raced so fast to get it all together for LA I didn't actually weight it. I'll try to do that while I'm here in CO.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 Last post on Today at 4:53 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Ray Samuels Dark Star vs Cavalli Liquid Gold Last post on 5/8/16 at 1:41am in High-end Audio Forum
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! Last post on Today at 4:57 pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The Liquid Carbon Upgrade Guide & Impressions Tour Last post on 5/17/16 at 5:37am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The New CavalliAudio.com is now open! Last post on 3/23/16 at 9:14pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Lol! It doesn't ring, vibrate or move when you plug a headphone into it. It's fine.
I would consider the Golden Lions a bare minimum for this amp.
I'm surprised he'll ship with tubes at all. It's made for rollers. If you don't have like...4 sets ready to go already when it gets there that sounds like your fault. :D
Actually, I was thinking of just that. Since anyone who buys this amp must want to roll some tubes and probably has a box of them already, I think it makes sense for me not to include any. Besides, anything that I would send along would be new production jobbies like the EH 6SN7s. Most of you might just chuck them into the trash (although I use them a sacrificial tubes when needed).
On the other hand, if you don't send tubes, users won't be able to enthuse about how thoroughly their NOS beauties trounce the stock tubes, which is part of the fun of tube rolling.
See the previous page, where Alex mentions pricing "between the LF and LL", and this page where he mentions he may not offer tubes at all because rollers already have their favorites. Makes sense to me, as the amount of time Alex would have to spend hunting down tubes (instead of the customer doing the same) is valuable time he could spend actually building the amps.
It really doesn't make sense for Alex to carry tube sets as this would merely imply a middle man for the buyer and thus a premium cost for tubes that are easily available elsewhere
remember, this amp can roll near any of the 6922 variants, the 12au7 variants and the 6sn7 variants - this teases out to a list of at least a hundred tube types, let alone manufacturers and vintage = a tube rollers dream
I was fortunate enough to give this little amp a listen in LA. I was truly impressed by the sound when driving the HE-6. I'm very familiar with the HE-6 , and have heard it from a variety of amplifiers. Everything about the liquid glass just speaks articulated sound. The control and tightness across the whole spectrum was something I hadn't heard from an amp before, especially powering the HE-6.
Hats off to a wonderful design, Mr. Cavalli
that's informative for those (undoubtedly many who are following this thread) who are very familiar with the Cavalli line and the prices of their products. for those of us not so up on this it doesn't really help. for the sake of general knowledge it would be beneficial if someone would someone post those prices as a general range for where the new amp may fall.
Edited by daveDerek - 8/22/12 at 9:27am
Because it can use so many tubes there's really no good way to put a price on it. For a pair of current production tubes to start with you're looking at about $40 minimum (lookin' at your, JJs). You could probably go out and spend $200+ per tube if you wanted.
Like you said, that could vary greatly. A new production pair of TS 6SN7's would run $30, while a pair of NOS TS BGRP can run upwards of $600. I've seen ECC32 pairs go for more than that. This is not even counting the other variants the LG can do.
The great thing with tube roller's amps is that it's totally dependent on what the roller wants to do. The amp can vary depending on what sound you're going for and the cost is totally in control of the roller's hands. The downside is those who just must have the best of everything won't settle until they find the most rare, exotic, and (of course) expensive tubes. People then factor this into the cost of the amp as in "It's $3XXX, but factor in an extra $500 for tubes", and then don't buy the amp because they can't afford the most expensive configuration possible. I've seen this happen with Balancing Act buyers and it is a skewed way of looking at things. A pair of current production EH tubes on the BA is fine, and I'm sure there are many cheap readily available tubes for the LG that will be a knockout.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shanling M2 DAP 44 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone cables Audeze LCD 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 11 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 11 minutes ago
- › GTA Spring 2016 meet 12 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...