Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/8/14 at 8:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Hybrid Tube Amplifier - Tube Roller's Dream - ***$OLD*** Last post on 8/19/13 at 10:30pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Headphones for "electronic music" if money wasn't an issue. Last post on 5/5/14 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 21
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Mine has been a little tricky, but I think I've got the hang of it.
The Cavalli amps take quite a push to turn on or off. I've never had an issue but it is an odd feeling the first few times.
Still my favorite power switches I've had on gear though. They feel nice and I like the lack of 'compression'.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 12/28/12 at 9:32pm
Gents, regarding the power switch. There is information in the manual about its operation, however...
The piezo switch requires some amount of pressure in the center of the button where the LED is. The power sensing circuit has a built-in delay so that if you try to rapid fire the button it won't respond.
So, I think the best mode of operation is a deliberate push that puts pressure on the switch, but not repeated pushes. I've been using these switches in the amp since the beginning and they are dependable and consistent when they meet the specs.
Just FYI in case anyone is still having problems.
Will get back to you all as soon as I can first determine why the hum in some units.
I imagine the latter. I'd send Alex an email though.
All I have to say is WOW , the construction of this amp is well beyond what I was expecting. I am glad that I waited before I decided to get a "real" cavalli amp for myself. SR#0001 , helps to know the right people. I chose the black fascia - just gorgeous.
I had offered Alex to help take a closer look at this hum and I couldn't help myself - above image shows just how thick the panels are. The internal construction of this chassis has been so well engineered it has me seriously impressed. I am familiar with the first series and liked they way that they were put together but this is like nothing I have seen before.
What I should have done is sat down and listened to it first as I am really battling to hear this hum. I cannot hear anything with my AKG or Audeze but can hear a very low level hum with the KSC75 (15 Hz - 25 kHz; Nominal impedance: 60 ohms; Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW). If any owners can chime in and tell me what they are hearing I would be very grateful as I would not have batted an eyelid at what I am hearing. I have stock tubes running and it is set up on my test bench.
This should not be a "by the way" but really great sound from the B&W test disc.
looking forward to hearing from some of you so that I can try and figure out what some of you are hearing.
Hi ServinginEcuador. I have been meaning to get around to this. I have temporarily stopped LG availability pending a fix. There are units left and they will go back on sale when this is resolved.
Many thanks to dBel84 for helping me track this down.
Edit: I made this post pretty quickly rushing out the door. To provide a few more details, my website CMS won't allow me to put up any other messages than Available or Out of Stock. So, in order to temporarily interrupt the ordering process I used the Out of Stock message. I've been pretty busy with all of the other CA things going on and have taken a little longer to make this post that I had planned. Thanks.
Edited by runeight - 1/6/13 at 11:07am
Gents, I am very happy to announce that we have found a fairly simple fix for the low level buzz in the Liquid Glass.
As you all know I stopped sales of the amp a while ago because of this problem. However, the fix seems to be consistent across units and so, for those of you who want an LG, they are back. Of course, no amp will leave the workshop without a very careful listening test.
I will turn on availability on the CA website within the next 24 hours.
I have tested the amp with my AD2000s (my Canary in the bird cage headphones). Very quiet. No sign of buzz and a small amount of low level hiss. YMMV on hiss depending on the tubes you're using, but the amp seems to be quiet now.
Those individuals who took delivery of LGs before production was stopped will, obviously, have their amps fixed. Unfortunately, it's not a field fix so they'll have to be returned to CA at no cost to the buyer. I'll will contact all of the current owners to get this done.
Now, off to start contacting all of you who have asked me about LL2 and getting it into full production.
Thanks for everyone's patience. More to come. Lots more.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 54 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi and FiiO e12 viable? 1 minute ago
- › Recording party chat on ps4 question 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)