Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials? Last post on 9/1/14 at 10:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/8/14 at 8:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Hybrid Tube Amplifier - Tube Roller's Dream - ***$OLD*** Last post on 8/19/13 at 10:30pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 21
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Mine has been a little tricky, but I think I've got the hang of it.
The Cavalli amps take quite a push to turn on or off. I've never had an issue but it is an odd feeling the first few times.
Still my favorite power switches I've had on gear though. They feel nice and I like the lack of 'compression'.
Edited by MorbidToaster - 12/28/12 at 9:32pm
Gents, regarding the power switch. There is information in the manual about its operation, however...
The piezo switch requires some amount of pressure in the center of the button where the LED is. The power sensing circuit has a built-in delay so that if you try to rapid fire the button it won't respond.
So, I think the best mode of operation is a deliberate push that puts pressure on the switch, but not repeated pushes. I've been using these switches in the amp since the beginning and they are dependable and consistent when they meet the specs.
Just FYI in case anyone is still having problems.
Will get back to you all as soon as I can first determine why the hum in some units.
I imagine the latter. I'd send Alex an email though.
All I have to say is WOW , the construction of this amp is well beyond what I was expecting. I am glad that I waited before I decided to get a "real" cavalli amp for myself. SR#0001 , helps to know the right people. I chose the black fascia - just gorgeous.
I had offered Alex to help take a closer look at this hum and I couldn't help myself - above image shows just how thick the panels are. The internal construction of this chassis has been so well engineered it has me seriously impressed. I am familiar with the first series and liked they way that they were put together but this is like nothing I have seen before.
What I should have done is sat down and listened to it first as I am really battling to hear this hum. I cannot hear anything with my AKG or Audeze but can hear a very low level hum with the KSC75 (15 Hz - 25 kHz; Nominal impedance: 60 ohms; Sensitivity: 101 dB/mW). If any owners can chime in and tell me what they are hearing I would be very grateful as I would not have batted an eyelid at what I am hearing. I have stock tubes running and it is set up on my test bench.
This should not be a "by the way" but really great sound from the B&W test disc.
looking forward to hearing from some of you so that I can try and figure out what some of you are hearing.
Hi ServinginEcuador. I have been meaning to get around to this. I have temporarily stopped LG availability pending a fix. There are units left and they will go back on sale when this is resolved.
Many thanks to dBel84 for helping me track this down.
Edit: I made this post pretty quickly rushing out the door. To provide a few more details, my website CMS won't allow me to put up any other messages than Available or Out of Stock. So, in order to temporarily interrupt the ordering process I used the Out of Stock message. I've been pretty busy with all of the other CA things going on and have taken a little longer to make this post that I had planned. Thanks.
Edited by runeight - 1/6/13 at 11:07am
Gents, I am very happy to announce that we have found a fairly simple fix for the low level buzz in the Liquid Glass.
As you all know I stopped sales of the amp a while ago because of this problem. However, the fix seems to be consistent across units and so, for those of you who want an LG, they are back. Of course, no amp will leave the workshop without a very careful listening test.
I will turn on availability on the CA website within the next 24 hours.
I have tested the amp with my AD2000s (my Canary in the bird cage headphones). Very quiet. No sign of buzz and a small amount of low level hiss. YMMV on hiss depending on the tubes you're using, but the amp seems to be quiet now.
Those individuals who took delivery of LGs before production was stopped will, obviously, have their amps fixed. Unfortunately, it's not a field fix so they'll have to be returned to CA at no cost to the buyer. I'll will contact all of the current owners to get this done.
Now, off to start contacting all of you who have asked me about LL2 and getting it into full production.
Thanks for everyone's patience. More to come. Lots more.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 13 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 37 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 59 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)