The amp comes stock with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7s. You will be able to listen to it without having buy additional tubes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/8/14 at 8:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Hybrid Tube Amplifier - Tube Roller's Dream - ***$OLD*** Last post on 8/19/13 at 10:30pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Headphones for "electronic music" if money wasn't an issue. Last post on 5/5/14 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 16
For the noval I'll suggest you start with the Genelex 12AU7. You can find a matched pair for under $70, and they sound good and are pretty reliable. They're also a new production tube, so you won't have the inherent risk of getting a misrepresented NOS tube. For the octal tube, you could get a pair of 12SX7's. There's a guy on eBay selling RCA JAN 12SX7's for $45 a pair.(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-RCA-JAN-CRC-12SX7GT-12SX7-GT-NOS-Tubes-Black-Plates-D-Getter-12SN7-6SN7-/130770781931?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e728bc6eb). You could possibly find them for less or find better tubes, but this is where I've found them and these tubes are reliable and sound pretty clean (they're not overly warm or bright and have decently tight bass).
The better advice would probably be to ask one of these guys:
https://www.tubeworld.com/index_high.htm - tube world
http://www.audiotubes.com/ - Brent Jesse
http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm - Jim McShane
They're all extremely helpful and have wide selections.
Just picked one up from Alex to listen to for a few days. Should be hearing it with the HE6, TH900, HD800, HE500, Signature Pro...maybe something else I'm forgetting. Alex gave me a ton of tubes, too.
Looking forward to it.
Sounds like fun. Look forward to reading your impressions. I remember really liking the LG with the LCD-2 when I heard them this summer. I hope to have my LG shipped to me before the end of the year; not that I will have any time to listen, mind you.
I really can't say one is better than the others as it's more about which tube is right for which headphones. The LG will literally (I think) pair well with any dynamic headphone on the market. Just gotta find the right tubes.
Oh, and if anyone wants impressions from that meet (and more LG porn). Here ya go.
Found a favorite with the HD800 out of the 8 pairs we had present. RCA 6SN7s. Alex could elaborate more on exactly what they are, but they're virtually stamp less so I can't tell ya.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 24 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 1 minute ago
- › Suggestion for Opened back & light weight over-ear with Aune T1. 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 8 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)