The amp comes stock with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7s. You will be able to listen to it without having buy additional tubes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? Last post on Today at 6:36 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials? Last post on 9/1/14 at 10:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
For the noval I'll suggest you start with the Genelex 12AU7. You can find a matched pair for under $70, and they sound good and are pretty reliable. They're also a new production tube, so you won't have the inherent risk of getting a misrepresented NOS tube. For the octal tube, you could get a pair of 12SX7's. There's a guy on eBay selling RCA JAN 12SX7's for $45 a pair.(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-RCA-JAN-CRC-12SX7GT-12SX7-GT-NOS-Tubes-Black-Plates-D-Getter-12SN7-6SN7-/130770781931?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e728bc6eb). You could possibly find them for less or find better tubes, but this is where I've found them and these tubes are reliable and sound pretty clean (they're not overly warm or bright and have decently tight bass).
The better advice would probably be to ask one of these guys:
https://www.tubeworld.com/index_high.htm - tube world
http://www.audiotubes.com/ - Brent Jesse
http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm - Jim McShane
They're all extremely helpful and have wide selections.
Actually the Genalex 12AU7s do sound pretty good and so do their 6922s.
Just remember that the amp sounds like the tube. :)
Just picked one up from Alex to listen to for a few days. Should be hearing it with the HE6, TH900, HD800, HE500, Signature Pro...maybe something else I'm forgetting. Alex gave me a ton of tubes, too.
Looking forward to it.
Sounds like fun. Look forward to reading your impressions. I remember really liking the LG with the LCD-2 when I heard them this summer. I hope to have my LG shipped to me before the end of the year; not that I will have any time to listen, mind you.
I really can't say one is better than the others as it's more about which tube is right for which headphones. The LG will literally (I think) pair well with any dynamic headphone on the market. Just gotta find the right tubes.
Oh, and if anyone wants impressions from that meet (and more LG porn). Here ya go.
Found a favorite with the HD800 out of the 8 pairs we had present. RCA 6SN7s. Alex could elaborate more on exactly what they are, but they're virtually stamp less so I can't tell ya.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › What should I use to power my HD650s for PC gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Galaxy Note 5 Audio Quality 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 10 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 10 minutes ago
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2