The amp comes stock with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7s. You will be able to listen to it without having buy additional tubes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 6/8/14 at 8:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Hybrid Tube Amplifier - Tube Roller's Dream - ***$OLD*** Last post on 8/19/13 at 10:30pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Headphones for "electronic music" if money wasn't an issue. Last post on 5/5/14 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 16
For the noval I'll suggest you start with the Genelex 12AU7. You can find a matched pair for under $70, and they sound good and are pretty reliable. They're also a new production tube, so you won't have the inherent risk of getting a misrepresented NOS tube. For the octal tube, you could get a pair of 12SX7's. There's a guy on eBay selling RCA JAN 12SX7's for $45 a pair.(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-RCA-JAN-CRC-12SX7GT-12SX7-GT-NOS-Tubes-Black-Plates-D-Getter-12SN7-6SN7-/130770781931?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e728bc6eb). You could possibly find them for less or find better tubes, but this is where I've found them and these tubes are reliable and sound pretty clean (they're not overly warm or bright and have decently tight bass).
The better advice would probably be to ask one of these guys:
https://www.tubeworld.com/index_high.htm - tube world
http://www.audiotubes.com/ - Brent Jesse
http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm - Jim McShane
They're all extremely helpful and have wide selections.
Just picked one up from Alex to listen to for a few days. Should be hearing it with the HE6, TH900, HD800, HE500, Signature Pro...maybe something else I'm forgetting. Alex gave me a ton of tubes, too.
Looking forward to it.
Sounds like fun. Look forward to reading your impressions. I remember really liking the LG with the LCD-2 when I heard them this summer. I hope to have my LG shipped to me before the end of the year; not that I will have any time to listen, mind you.
I really can't say one is better than the others as it's more about which tube is right for which headphones. The LG will literally (I think) pair well with any dynamic headphone on the market. Just gotta find the right tubes.
Oh, and if anyone wants impressions from that meet (and more LG porn). Here ya go.
Found a favorite with the HD800 out of the 8 pairs we had present. RCA 6SN7s. Alex could elaborate more on exactly what they are, but they're virtually stamp less so I can't tell ya.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 seconds ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 34 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › hd650 enquiry 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic t51p vs Sennheiser Momentum - advise appreciated? 2 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 5 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 11 minutes ago
- › Replacement tips and comfortable IEMs 11 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 12 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)