The amp comes stock with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7s. You will be able to listen to it without having buy additional tubes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials? Last post on 9/1/14 at 10:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
For the noval I'll suggest you start with the Genelex 12AU7. You can find a matched pair for under $70, and they sound good and are pretty reliable. They're also a new production tube, so you won't have the inherent risk of getting a misrepresented NOS tube. For the octal tube, you could get a pair of 12SX7's. There's a guy on eBay selling RCA JAN 12SX7's for $45 a pair.(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-RCA-JAN-CRC-12SX7GT-12SX7-GT-NOS-Tubes-Black-Plates-D-Getter-12SN7-6SN7-/130770781931?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e728bc6eb). You could possibly find them for less or find better tubes, but this is where I've found them and these tubes are reliable and sound pretty clean (they're not overly warm or bright and have decently tight bass).
The better advice would probably be to ask one of these guys:
https://www.tubeworld.com/index_high.htm - tube world
http://www.audiotubes.com/ - Brent Jesse
http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm - Jim McShane
They're all extremely helpful and have wide selections.
Actually the Genalex 12AU7s do sound pretty good and so do their 6922s.
Just remember that the amp sounds like the tube. :)
Just picked one up from Alex to listen to for a few days. Should be hearing it with the HE6, TH900, HD800, HE500, Signature Pro...maybe something else I'm forgetting. Alex gave me a ton of tubes, too.
Looking forward to it.
Sounds like fun. Look forward to reading your impressions. I remember really liking the LG with the LCD-2 when I heard them this summer. I hope to have my LG shipped to me before the end of the year; not that I will have any time to listen, mind you.
I really can't say one is better than the others as it's more about which tube is right for which headphones. The LG will literally (I think) pair well with any dynamic headphone on the market. Just gotta find the right tubes.
Oh, and if anyone wants impressions from that meet (and more LG porn). Here ya go.
Found a favorite with the HD800 out of the 8 pairs we had present. RCA 6SN7s. Alex could elaborate more on exactly what they are, but they're virtually stamp less so I can't tell ya.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 6 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 31 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 40 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right HiFi Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)