The amp comes stock with Electro-Harmonix 6SN7s. You will be able to listen to it without having buy additional tubes.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? Last post on Yesterday at 1:22 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials? Last post on 9/1/14 at 10:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- SOLD - Priced to sell - New Black Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Free Shipping Last post on 2/1/14 at 11:34pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold with Abyss AB-1266 - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Cavali Audio Liquid Glass VS Liquid Fire Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
For the noval I'll suggest you start with the Genelex 12AU7. You can find a matched pair for under $70, and they sound good and are pretty reliable. They're also a new production tube, so you won't have the inherent risk of getting a misrepresented NOS tube. For the octal tube, you could get a pair of 12SX7's. There's a guy on eBay selling RCA JAN 12SX7's for $45 a pair.(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-RCA-JAN-CRC-12SX7GT-12SX7-GT-NOS-Tubes-Black-Plates-D-Getter-12SN7-6SN7-/130770781931?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item1e728bc6eb). You could possibly find them for less or find better tubes, but this is where I've found them and these tubes are reliable and sound pretty clean (they're not overly warm or bright and have decently tight bass).
The better advice would probably be to ask one of these guys:
https://www.tubeworld.com/index_high.htm - tube world
http://www.audiotubes.com/ - Brent Jesse
http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm - Jim McShane
They're all extremely helpful and have wide selections.
Actually the Genalex 12AU7s do sound pretty good and so do their 6922s.
Just remember that the amp sounds like the tube. :)
Just picked one up from Alex to listen to for a few days. Should be hearing it with the HE6, TH900, HD800, HE500, Signature Pro...maybe something else I'm forgetting. Alex gave me a ton of tubes, too.
Looking forward to it.
Sounds like fun. Look forward to reading your impressions. I remember really liking the LG with the LCD-2 when I heard them this summer. I hope to have my LG shipped to me before the end of the year; not that I will have any time to listen, mind you.
I really can't say one is better than the others as it's more about which tube is right for which headphones. The LG will literally (I think) pair well with any dynamic headphone on the market. Just gotta find the right tubes.
Oh, and if anyone wants impressions from that meet (and more LG porn). Here ya go.
Found a favorite with the HD800 out of the 8 pairs we had present. RCA 6SN7s. Alex could elaborate more on exactly what they are, but they're virtually stamp less so I can't tell ya.
- New Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass Amplifier - Fall Release
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal just now
- › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and... 1 second ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 8 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 13 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-R10 Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › 500$ Desktop setup for gamer/bass lover 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2