Does anyone know if this DAC works with Samsung Galaxy S3 US version via USB OTG? Just switched from iPhone to Andriod, love the phone but the DAC sucks compared to iPhone so I'm looking for a DAC to stream spotify @ 320kb at work. TIA!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDACstagged by System, 9/22/12
- productFire Phoenix DAC-02tagged by System, 9/22/12
- productHA-Info U2 Plus AD1852 Mini USB DAC + Headphone Amptagged by System, 9/22/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 9/22/12
- productJDS Labs O2+ODACtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productJDS Labs ODACtagged by System, 9/22/12
- brandLittle Dottagged by System, 9/22/12
- productShiyun DAC-05tagged by System, 9/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 8/22/14 at 6:26am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- O2+ODAC Combo compared to fiio e10 ? Last post on 5/9/15 at 1:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD598s.. Magni2Uber vs Vali Last post on 2/26/15 at 6:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- JDS Labs O2 Amp and the FiiO E70K For the DAC Last post on 10/22/13 at 3:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- O2 or ODAC + cheaper companion Last post on 1/7/13 at 10:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
Fire Phoenix DAC-02 / the odac->o2 desktop rival - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 24511/23/12 at 5:09amThread Starter
You want a DAC with external power, not powered by your Galaxy S3, is that correct?
This DAC is rare so I don't think you'll find an answer, unless you look into the USB chip itself, or other devices using it, C-media CM102.post #183 of 24512/2/12 at 4:34am
I have received a new FP now and it works almost perfectly, there is still an imbalance at low volumes, but I will replace the potentiometer to something better in the future.
I had some luck when I returned the unit and had paid the wrong shipping price so it was almost twice as cheap.
It could cost me more when the unit got stuck in customs and they sent me a letter and wanted me to send in proof of what I paid. I wrote an email to them and said that the package they probably had was a warranty issue. I had not received a tracking number from it.box so I did not know it was the package that the customs had. I waited a few days for an email from customs and I got no response from them, but instead they sent the package to my post office and I did not have to pay any extra fees.
If I had paid the correct fee for shipping to HK and fees at customs it had cost me an additional $58. If the same thing should happen again I would not send the unit back because it would cost too much.
I would also say that it.box are very good sellers and have a good service, I like to buy more things from him.
Now it's time to let the FP "burn in" for some days!post #184 of 24512/2/12 at 9:05ampost #185 of 24512/2/12 at 9:37ampost #186 of 24512/2/12 at 11:54amThread Starterpost #187 of 24512/3/12 at 5:38amQuote:
Yes it seems like a bad pot in FP so I will replace it with a better pot next year and maybe replace some capacitors.post #188 of 24512/3/12 at 6:00amQuote:
Thanks Dsnuts, I will run it for at least a week before I listen to it again, it sounded good the first time I listened to it to see if it was ok, so I look forward to listening when it is fully burn in.post #189 of 24512/3/12 at 6:20ampost #190 of 24512/7/12 at 1:03am
Aw man this thread went in some crazy directions with the addition of all these DACs :( I was just gonna buy a Phoenix DAC-02 for my computer speaker setup but now theres other ones @__@ The breeze looks legit. Man I don't even know.
For headphones I'm not running any that need to be Amped yet so I guess I can just settle with a breeze one for now yeah?post #191 of 24512/7/12 at 5:01pm
I will just say it. You guys with the Fire Phoenix. Do what it is you have to do to get this op amp. http://www.ebay.com/itm/260948692896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 Seriously. This sound I am hearing after installing this. You guys think your stock Fire Phoenix sounds good stock..Lol. Worth every cent to open then replace op amp to LT1028.post #192 of 24512/7/12 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
I will just say it. You guys with the Fire Phoenix. Do what it is you have to do to get this op amp. http://www.ebay.com/itm/260948692896?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 Seriously. This sound I am hearing after installing this. You guys think your stock Fire Phoenix sounds good stock..Lol. Worth every cent to open then replace op amp to LT1028.
DO you got some measurements plzpost #193 of 24512/7/12 at 5:30pmpost #194 of 24512/7/12 at 7:51pmThread Starter
To headzone, apart from the .pdf sheets you can read at TI, AD, Linear, etc., op-amps are actually quite difficult to measure apart from the basics like oscillation and THD+N. The real 'character' of them is in the time domain, how fast and exact (or inexact) the sine waves move at millions of times a second, so to speak. Not very easy to see.
Kevii yeah you can try the Breeze, it looks like a good investment and the seller is friendly. The Phoenix had a couple of lemons, not sure if it was only the quality of the volume dial or something more serious? It is the better all-in-one unit for sure and you can tweak it a little like Dsnuts seems to have just done with a new chip.post #195 of 24512/7/12 at 9:27pm
All I can say is. I can't stop listing to the Fire Phoenix. I can't believe how much this op amp maximizes the sound on the Fire Phoenix. The sound is stunning..The sound is nothing like what I payed for this unit. Not even close. That breeze unit may sound different with this chip however. This is now the best sounding DAC/AMP I have. Easily.
What was interesting was how that AD8273 changed the HA-Info unit with the AD1852 Dac chip. It went from a decent sound to an unbelievable one.. The Fire Phoenix with that dual amp chip. Steals the show but I was as equally impressed with the improvement on the Ha-Info. So It worked out perfectly.
By the way I am going to send my HA-Info to Danny Bai. Who owns many higher end units to compare soon. That should be an interesting read. I will compare the Hifimediy to the dragonfly as well.
And Kiteki you knew I was gonna get much better sound. You did mention to change out op amps to me almost immediately. I should have done this sooner. If I am correct it looks like the only real difference in these cheaper units to a higher end one is the inclusion of some mediocre op amps. The difference between stock chip to this dual is drastic. I had a good clean sound before but now the sound is multidimensional stupid high end sounding. But you knew this before you gave me a link to try it out..Sneaky sneaky. I bought another one to send to my buddy who got the other Fire phoenix. He has to hear this sound now. $16 to get this sound from this. I would have payed much more if I would have known. Lol.
Edited by Dsnuts - 12/7/12 at 9:59pm
- Fire Phoenix DAC-02 / the odac->o2 desktop rival
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 16 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 1 minute ago
- › Is it possible to use 2 headphone amplifiers in tandem? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Game Zeros vs. HD598 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear