I love them, but what are the opinions regarding transporting them? They didn't come with a case and I'm hesitant about tossing them in my backpack with the rest of my junk...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 540
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8087 of 83267/4/14 at 1:47amQuote:
Don't be they will take it like a champpost #8088 of 83267/4/14 at 11:13ampost #8089 of 83267/6/14 at 12:56pmpost #8090 of 83267/10/14 at 9:37pm
Hi, from the recommendation on this thread I got a pair of these headphones and I'm very pleased with them. I burned them in for about forty hours and man they sound great.
I use them on my home system or with the mobile app TuneShell and they are the bomb. Thanks guys for pushing me in the right direction!post #8091 of 83267/26/14 at 11:07am
I've got a split connection on mine near the plug. Any idea how I can get these fixed without paying an arm and a leg? I don't own any tools to do it myself. Would JVC be able to fix these or am I out of luck since they are a JVC Japan product?
Edit: Currently waiting on the phone with JVC USA to get a number for JVC Japan, or any other kind of help. I did notice that JVC USA sells the S400, so if I can't get these phones fixed I might get the S400's or something else that would be easier to get fixed.
Edited by greenwoodwoo - 7/26/14 at 11:24ampost #8092 of 83267/26/14 at 11:28ampost #8093 of 83267/26/14 at 11:42am
Probably not. It wouldn't hurt to ask I guess but I use these in the gym 5x a week and I don't have anything else that I want to use in their place so I'm kind of in a rush to get these fixed (these are the only on-ears I have besides a pair of much more fragile yamaha's, and I don't want to use over ears in the gym as it'd get uncomfortable really quickly).
I just got off the phone with an electronics repair shop that said they'd do it for $25 (!!). I'm going to negotiate with them and see if i can get a better deal because spending $25 to fix the plug on a pair of $50 headphoens is a little absurd. Then again, I just love these headphones! Buying a new one honestly wouldn't make a huge differen
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can prevent stress on the plug from damaging the cord on these after i get them fixed?post #8094 of 83267/26/14 at 11:59amI use one of the silicon bands around my X3 halfway up with the headphone cable in between the band and the X3. Sort of acts like a strain relief instead of at the plug.post #8095 of 83267/31/14 at 11:00amQuote:
still using them as an ON-ROAD portable headphones
along with my XBA-2IP
my current IN-DOOR setup is > ATH-AD500X & SMSL SD793IIpost #8096 of 83268/3/14 at 12:04pmpost #8097 of 83268/3/14 at 12:23pmpost #8098 of 83268/18/14 at 3:44am
Hi Guys! I've just joined the forums (this is my first post actually) though I've been browsing head fi for several years now and finally got my lazy self to make an account.
I know I'm late to all the hype on the s500s but regardless I've been looking for a good pair of portable cans and figured that I would go with these. The only thing that's keeping me from buying them is the subject of noise isolation. In other words, do these portables block outside noise well enough? Or barely at all?post #8099 of 83268/18/14 at 4:08amI use them at the grocery store all the time and they block out the constant chatter of people and the PA system very well.
They are not as isolating as a set of full size headphones or not as open as Porta Pro's.
On the scale of isolation with IEM's having the best isolation with a 90% blockage, these would be in the 65% range with Porta Pro's at 40%.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 15 seconds ago
- › PLUSSOUND AUDIO - Introducing SPECTRUM, PRISM, and GAMUT 22 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › ALO Audio iMod cable 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear