or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 534

post #7996 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonda61 View Post
 

 

How would that work with these headphones? Each driver has wires coming from them... 

sorry, my bad :\

 

you can fit a female rca jack on each earcap

like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Gold-Phono-RCA-female-jack-nut-bulkhead-deck-clip-solder-CHASSIS-PCB-PANEL-/321098014249

 

and plug it with a 3.5 to rca

post #7997 of 8298

I recently got these, i ordered some when i realized that i lost my iems; along with when i ordered my HA-500s. Needless to say these came in earlier than the HA-500s(importing). I broke these in while waiting for my HA-500s to arrive from japan and i have to say these IEMS gave me faith in IEMs, i never considered paying more than 50+$ on iems because i am not a major fan of them from a comfort point but they do stay in when i am Skateboarding and i dont have to worry about breaking them at their price point. Man o man do they exceed everything i was expecting them to do so i went here to see if there was a thread and lone and behold they are here...I couldnt be happier with what JVC is doing to the Headphone Game and the approach they are taking is flawless IMO they are out there and the competition better fell the heat. The HA-500s are exceptional as well Grade A+ products now all i have to do is make sure all my audio files are tip top.

post #7998 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by crybabygohan View Post
 

I recently got these, i ordered some when i realized that i lost my iems; along with when i ordered my HA-500s. Needless to say these came in earlier than the HA-500s(importing). I broke these in while waiting for my HA-500s to arrive from japan and i have to say these IEMS gave me faith in IEMs, i never considered paying more than 50+$ on iems because i am not a major fan of them from a comfort point but they do stay in when i am Skateboarding and i dont have to worry about breaking them at their price point. Man o man do they exceed everything i was expecting them to do so i went here to see if there was a thread and lone and behold they are here...I couldnt be happier with what JVC is doing to the Headphone Game and the approach they are taking is flawless IMO they are out there and the competition better fell the heat. The HA-500s are exceptional as well Grade A+ products now all i have to do is make sure all my audio files are tip top.

Which IEMs are you referring to?

post #7999 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73
 
Which IEMs are you referring to?

FX-40s, i got them for 18$ i heard they were budget priced but "big money" sound. I had Skull Candy cheapy iems because i got a "Christmas wishlist" giftcard from a website(CCS) and i had like 15ish $ left over from the Giftcard so i popped in those budget iems...I broke them snowboarding so i saw these FX-40s and since they were shipped domestically they arrived in a couple days...(vs the 4 weeks the HA-S500s which was to be expected) i also picked up some Fx-101s for my sister and i was also surprised at how they performed at the price point since shes a teen i figured she would appreciate some bassy iems for her music tastes.

post #8000 of 8298
Fx40s are bassy iems too... Ultra V shaped sound
post #8001 of 8298

Anybody happen to know if there's been a review/comparison between these and the HA-S680's? I'm really leaning towards these unless the benefit from the 680's are really that great. 

 

Also wanted to know if an ipod is strong enough to drive these as that's my main device for listening.

post #8002 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by El3mental View Post

Anybody happen to know if there's been a review/comparison between these and the HA-S680's? I'm really leaning towards these unless the benefit from the 680's are really that great. 

Also wanted to know if an ipod is strong enough to drive these as that's my main device for listening.
You would be better off asking that question in the S680 thread, and yes your iPod has enough power to drive the S500's.
post #8003 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


You would be better off asking that question in the S680 thread, and yes your iPod has enough power to drive the S500's.

I have, and it seems nobody there has the 500's; I thought I may as well try asking here as well

post #8004 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by El3mental View Post
 

I have, and it seems nobody there has the 500's; I thought I may as well try asking here as well


Try reading here.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jvc-ha-s680-over-ear-headphones

post #8005 of 8298
The S500s have been in my collection almost since they were available. They put a halt in my HP purchases since they did everything so well cept the stage. The funny thing is that these are <$50 "PORTABLES". the only other HP I've heard that was close was a Philips that still cost more but wasn't quite as detailed. I own a few other full sized HPs that are better in some regards but still cost way more than the 500s. The 500s are still some of the best sounds for the money. Can anyone make a better <$50 suggestion?
post #8006 of 8298

Hey guys,

 

What do I need to do to mod my S500's so I can put the HM5 Pads on them? Can't seem to find the answer so I figured someone here would know ;) 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

:evil:

post #8007 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

Hey guys,



 



What do I need to do to mod my S500's so I can put the HM5 Pads on them? Can't seem to find the answer so I figured someone here would know wink.gif 



 



 



Thanks,



 



 



" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/evil_smiley.gif" />


 



Alls you need are dem rings. smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4095#
post #8008 of 8298
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post
 

Hey guys,

 

 

 

What do I need to do to mod my S500's so I can put the HM5 Pads on them? Can't seem to find the answer so I figured someone here would know wink.gif 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

 

 

 

<img data-cke-saved-src=

 



Alls you need are dem rings. smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4095#

 

 

Thank you sir!! 

 

 

Thanks,

 

:evil:

post #8009 of 8298

Any ideas where I can get some of the rubber O rings?? 

 

Would these work being 1/2 inch thick or should I shoot for something not so thick?

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FN0VCY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

:evil: 


Edited by DemonFox - 3/12/14 at 9:49pm
post #8010 of 8298

^ Check your local hardware store, the plumbing section should carry them. Forgot the exact size of the rings but the one i got from my local hardware store is thinner and fits better than the ones people linked from ebay.

 

As long as the rubber rings wraps tight around the cups it should be fine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: