New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 497

post #7441 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post

rolleyes.gif If JVC sends me a pair of S550 prototypes I'm not telling you about it tongue.gif
Me So Jelly!
I want the S550 prototypes...
post #7442 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Me So Jelly!
I want the S550 prototypes...
I thought you wanted my limited edition poorly painted Adidas s500's biggrin.gif
post #7443 of 8324
Those poor, poor, S500's I haz a sad every time I think of them... biggrin.gif
post #7444 of 8324
Wee tip guys , beats solo pads are the best I have tried by a mile, doesn't change the sound much at all from stock ( which is the best imo , jvc knew best wow!)
post #7445 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroid View Post

Wee tip guys , beats solo pads are the best I have tried by a mile, doesn't change the sound much at all from stock ( which is the best imo , jvc knew best wow!)
Nice!
Now I can forsee all the demo beats solo's at BestBuy missing pads for some reason... biggrin.gif
post #7446 of 8324

Anyone else notice the WS55 pads really "clarifies" the sound?

 

I just went back to the original pads after lots of use with WS55 pads to see if there would be any difference, and man the stock pads make everything sound so muddy and the bass super boomy, and they're really quite uncomfortable compared to the WS55 pads.

 

The WS55 pads make the midrange a little too up front for my preferences, but I'd rather have shouty vocals than boomy bass and muddiness. 

 

For all those considering purchasing a pair of S500s, the WS55 pads will be your best upgrade. Guaranteed.


Edited by akinari-kun - 9/22/13 at 10:08pm
post #7447 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinari-kun View Post

Anyone else notice the WS55 pads really "clarifies" the sound?

I just went back to the original pads after lots of use with WS55 pads to see if there would be any difference, and man the stock pads make everything sound so muddy and the bass super boomy, and they're really quite uncomfortable compared to the WS55 pads.

The WS55 pads make the midrange a little too up front for my preferences, but I'd rather have shouty vocals than boomy bass and muddiness. 

For all those considering purchasing a pair of S500s, the WS55 pads will be your best upgrade. Guaranteed.

I prefer the stock pads because more bass = more pleasure smily_headphones1.gif
post #7448 of 8324

What do you gus have to say about these cans against the CAL!? I am having a very hard time trying to decide between these two.

post #7449 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post
 

What do you gus have to say about these cans against the CAL!? I am having a very hard time trying to decide between these two.

 

Get both! :D 

post #7450 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post
 

What do you gus have to say about these cans against the CAL!? I am having a very hard time trying to decide between these two.

I think they are much better basshead phones than Cal.  Cal stock is more comfortable than the JVC stock.................so I added HM5 pads to the JVC and comfort is on par with CAL. 

post #7451 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

Get both! :D 

I wish I had the money but I am an unlucky broke student.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

I think they are much better basshead phones than Cal.  Cal stock is more comfortable than the JVC stock.................so I added HM5 pads to the JVC and comfort is on par with CAL. 

But I mean soundwise? Can you or even someone else comment about them?

post #7452 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroid View Post

Wee tip guys , beats solo pads are the best I have tried by a mile, doesn't change the sound much at all from stock ( which is the best imo , jvc knew best wow!)

thanks for impressions

i was thinking about doing that months ago... but buying genuine pads costs more than the headphone
post #7453 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post

I wish I had the money but I am an unlucky broke student.

But I mean soundwise? Can you or even someone else comment about them?

Sound wise as well. Sorry I wasn't clear. I think they sound way better than any $50 headphone I've tried.
post #7454 of 8324

Success! Another convert! :)
Those were exactly my first impressions of the pads without any burn-in or whatsoever.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by akinari-kun View Post
 

Anyone else notice the WS55 pads really "clarifies" the sound?

 

I just went back to the original pads after lots of use with WS55 pads to see if there would be any difference, and man the stock pads make everything sound so muddy and the bass super boomy, and they're really quite uncomfortable compared to the WS55 pads.

 

The WS55 pads make the midrange a little too up front for my preferences, but I'd rather have shouty vocals than boomy bass and muddiness. 

 

For all those considering purchasing a pair of S500s, the WS55 pads will be your best upgrade. Guaranteed.

 

Compared to the stock pads the bass is no longer boomy but precise and punchy. Witchcraft?!
Give it a try, they are totally worth it.

 

Spread the S500 + WS55 love ❤

 

Pictures of my S500 with ATH WS55 pads

 

 

-graureiher

post #7455 of 8324
Quote:
Originally Posted by graureiher View Post
 

Spread the S500 + WS55 love ❤

 

Pictures of my S500 with ATH WS55 pads

Nice job on the pics, very helpful for those that want to see how they fit!

:beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: