Decided to place a order on these tonight because of all the praise these are getting. I'm excited to see if they surpass my current favorite budget champs, the Panasonic HTF600. I was blown away at how good those sounded despite being only $35.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/24/15 at 3:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 460
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6887 of 82516/25/13 at 4:15pm
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (especially after burn in). My son has the Pany HTF600 and these blow them away IMHO. So much more detail and the quantity and quality of bass is amazing. I bought him a pair of the S400's (25 bucks shipped) and he hasn't used his Panasonics since.post #6888 of 82516/25/13 at 4:34pmpost #6889 of 82516/25/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Don't think, DO... Go now and place your order you know you want them, and they are amazing!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #6890 of 82516/25/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Quote:
These S500s are so last year! The ES700s are where it's at ;)post #6891 of 82516/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #6892 of 82516/25/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Not really the ES700s has a more delicate/ intricate sound, whereas the S500s has that fun mainstream linear sound that the majority will dig more.
Both sound pretty different but technically you can say the ES700s are superior. The S500s are no joke, regardless of the price. But their cheap price only make it that much mo' sweet.post #6893 of 82516/25/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Mackem, one of these days you're going to have to submit a photo of you ears - they are becoming legendary!
I still think that you should get the S500's with the HM5 pads - I'm sure they are big enough to go over your ears. And they are comfortable (the stock pads on your ears may be uncomfortable - they are for me). And the HM5 pads tame the bass just a bit which tworks well with the S500's for me.post #6894 of 82516/25/13 at 10:45pm
ES700 are too expensive to qualify for bang for buck awesomeness.post #6895 of 82516/25/13 at 11:26pmQuote:
True! I paid as much for the lambskin PADS for the es700's as I did for the entire S500post #6896 of 82516/27/13 at 3:32am
I received them today! It took 8 days to ship! Very fast.
First impression, build is good. Not that comfortable on my left ear. More later!
Edit: Heavy, maybe too heavy bass. Lacks treble I think. Not that convinced on my first encounter. Is there any way to improve the treble?
Edited by Ephraim - 6/27/13 at 4:24ampost #6897 of 82516/27/13 at 5:10ampost #6898 of 82516/27/13 at 5:17ampost #6899 of 82516/27/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Another way to balance the sound is get some WS55 pads, but you would know that already if you read the thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Yes Virgina, There is a difference in USB cables 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Valve Audio Design - VAD 12 DSD DAC dual mono - a DAC coming from UK 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New VAD DAC 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › HD-650 burn-in? 7 minutes ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 21 Portable Sources, Fiio X5 2nd Gen... 9 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3