Decided to place a order on these tonight because of all the praise these are getting. I'm excited to see if they surpass my current favorite budget champs, the Panasonic HTF600. I was blown away at how good those sounded despite being only $35.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 6/13/15 at 7:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. I can...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 460
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6887 of 82486/25/13 at 4:15pm
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (especially after burn in). My son has the Pany HTF600 and these blow them away IMHO. So much more detail and the quantity and quality of bass is amazing. I bought him a pair of the S400's (25 bucks shipped) and he hasn't used his Panasonics since.post #6888 of 82486/25/13 at 4:34pmpost #6889 of 82486/25/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Don't think, DO... Go now and place your order you know you want them, and they are amazing!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #6890 of 82486/25/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Quote:
These S500s are so last year! The ES700s are where it's at ;)post #6891 of 82486/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #6892 of 82486/25/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Not really the ES700s has a more delicate/ intricate sound, whereas the S500s has that fun mainstream linear sound that the majority will dig more.
Both sound pretty different but technically you can say the ES700s are superior. The S500s are no joke, regardless of the price. But their cheap price only make it that much mo' sweet.post #6893 of 82486/25/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Mackem, one of these days you're going to have to submit a photo of you ears - they are becoming legendary!
I still think that you should get the S500's with the HM5 pads - I'm sure they are big enough to go over your ears. And they are comfortable (the stock pads on your ears may be uncomfortable - they are for me). And the HM5 pads tame the bass just a bit which tworks well with the S500's for me.post #6894 of 82486/25/13 at 10:45pm
ES700 are too expensive to qualify for bang for buck awesomeness.post #6895 of 82486/25/13 at 11:26pmQuote:
True! I paid as much for the lambskin PADS for the es700's as I did for the entire S500post #6896 of 82486/27/13 at 3:32am
I received them today! It took 8 days to ship! Very fast.
First impression, build is good. Not that comfortable on my left ear. More later!
Edit: Heavy, maybe too heavy bass. Lacks treble I think. Not that convinced on my first encounter. Is there any way to improve the treble?
Edited by Ephraim - 6/27/13 at 4:24ampost #6897 of 82486/27/13 at 5:10ampost #6898 of 82486/27/13 at 5:17ampost #6899 of 82486/27/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Another way to balance the sound is get some WS55 pads, but you would know that already if you read the thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 30 seconds ago
- › A Weird Thread...! 58 seconds ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors 59 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introduction, and some advice on the MDR7506s :) 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 3 minutes ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 3 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)