Decided to place a order on these tonight because of all the praise these are getting. I'm excited to see if they surpass my current favorite budget champs, the Panasonic HTF600. I was blown away at how good those sounded despite being only $35.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/7/15 at 4:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 460
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6887 of 82546/25/13 at 4:15pm
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (especially after burn in). My son has the Pany HTF600 and these blow them away IMHO. So much more detail and the quantity and quality of bass is amazing. I bought him a pair of the S400's (25 bucks shipped) and he hasn't used his Panasonics since.post #6888 of 82546/25/13 at 4:34pmpost #6889 of 82546/25/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Don't think, DO... Go now and place your order you know you want them, and they are amazing!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #6890 of 82546/25/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Quote:
These S500s are so last year! The ES700s are where it's at ;)post #6891 of 82546/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #6892 of 82546/25/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Not really the ES700s has a more delicate/ intricate sound, whereas the S500s has that fun mainstream linear sound that the majority will dig more.
Both sound pretty different but technically you can say the ES700s are superior. The S500s are no joke, regardless of the price. But their cheap price only make it that much mo' sweet.post #6893 of 82546/25/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Mackem, one of these days you're going to have to submit a photo of you ears - they are becoming legendary!
I still think that you should get the S500's with the HM5 pads - I'm sure they are big enough to go over your ears. And they are comfortable (the stock pads on your ears may be uncomfortable - they are for me). And the HM5 pads tame the bass just a bit which tworks well with the S500's for me.post #6894 of 82546/25/13 at 10:45pm
ES700 are too expensive to qualify for bang for buck awesomeness.post #6895 of 82546/25/13 at 11:26pmQuote:
True! I paid as much for the lambskin PADS for the es700's as I did for the entire S500post #6896 of 82546/27/13 at 3:32am
I received them today! It took 8 days to ship! Very fast.
First impression, build is good. Not that comfortable on my left ear. More later!
Edit: Heavy, maybe too heavy bass. Lacks treble I think. Not that convinced on my first encounter. Is there any way to improve the treble?
Edited by Ephraim - 6/27/13 at 4:24ampost #6897 of 82546/27/13 at 5:10ampost #6898 of 82546/27/13 at 5:17ampost #6899 of 82546/27/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Another way to balance the sound is get some WS55 pads, but you would know that already if you read the thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 seconds ago
- › UM Merlin: Portable Headphone Amp & Other Noob Questions 5 seconds ago
- › What is the best budget headset for use in a noisy open offices... 36 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 58 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 2 minutes ago
- › FS: 2 Hospital Grade Power Cables, 14 AWG, Black, 6 ft 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 6 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2