1 week on the dot when delivering to Southern USA.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 1/29/16 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 457post #6841 of 82986/20/13 at 8:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6842 of 82986/20/13 at 8:24pm
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #6843 of 82986/20/13 at 8:31pmpost #6844 of 82986/20/13 at 8:33pmHey guys, a guy on the s400 mentioned the tp mod and wrote a small impression of it, so whoever just got the new phones should check out the mod, the link is in the other guys post as well!post #6845 of 82986/20/13 at 9:55pmpost #6846 of 82986/20/13 at 10:00pmpost #6847 of 82986/20/13 at 10:11pmQuote:
I've had em for a while, but I just tried the mod. I gotta say, I'm keeping it. I heard a few things I didn't before.post #6848 of 82986/20/13 at 10:31pmQuote:
I can't ever read that phrase without thinking of this....post #6849 of 82986/21/13 at 12:08amQuote:
You mean this???
FYI all the mods and stuff is in the 1st OP post.post #6850 of 82986/21/13 at 12:41amI received a pair of these about 4-5 days ago. First up I must say the sound was quite muddled. Bass was friggen massive in some songs. Waaaay over done. Now I can say they are amazing for the price. Probably the best $60aud ive spent on audio. I love my MS-1's and these are up around the same level for enjoyable listening. Top tapping and booty shaking. Everyone should own a pair I say.post #6851 of 82986/21/13 at 12:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Townyj
I received a pair of these about 4-5 days ago. First up I must say the sound was quite muddled. Bass was friggen massive in some songs. Waaaay over done. Now I can say they are amazing for the price. Probably the best $60aud ive spent on audio. I love my MS-1's and these are up around the same level for enjoyable listening. Top tapping and booty shaking. Everyone should own a pair I say.post #6852 of 82986/21/13 at 12:56amHahaha I believe in a few diff things.. burn in is a huge topic. My ears have adjusted to the sound ive always enjoyed the jvc house sound. V shaped or however you see it. Makes you wanna dance. Music should be fun to listen to. Ive done enough critical listening in the past. so these are a welcome change.post #6853 of 82986/21/13 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Townyj
Hahaha I believe in a few diff things.. burn in is a huge topic. My ears have adjusted to the sound ive always enjoyed the jvc house sound. V shaped or however you see it. Makes you wanna dance. Music should be fun to listen to. Ive done enough critical listening in the past. so these are a welcome change.
Welp it's brain burn as well as burn-in cuz JVCs and CNT are known to require a decent amount of good ol' fashion beat down to sound optimal. But yeah i am glad you're enjoying these S500s, they are truly a treat for peanuts.post #6854 of 82986/21/13 at 1:12ampost #6855 of 82986/21/13 at 1:13amQuote:
It really is worth it mate.
These are still the best bang for buck headphones.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 24 seconds ago
- › CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and... 54 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 7 minutes ago
- › Pure i-20 iPod/iPhone Dock as a DAC 7 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 9 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...