1 week on the dot when delivering to Southern USA.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 457post #6841 of 83196/20/13 at 8:20pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6842 of 83196/20/13 at 8:24pm
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #6843 of 83196/20/13 at 8:31pmpost #6844 of 83196/20/13 at 8:33pmHey guys, a guy on the s400 mentioned the tp mod and wrote a small impression of it, so whoever just got the new phones should check out the mod, the link is in the other guys post as well!post #6845 of 83196/20/13 at 9:55pmpost #6846 of 83196/20/13 at 10:00pmpost #6847 of 83196/20/13 at 10:11pmQuote:
I've had em for a while, but I just tried the mod. I gotta say, I'm keeping it. I heard a few things I didn't before.post #6848 of 83196/20/13 at 10:31pmQuote:
I can't ever read that phrase without thinking of this....post #6849 of 83196/21/13 at 12:08amQuote:
You mean this???
FYI all the mods and stuff is in the 1st OP post.post #6850 of 83196/21/13 at 12:41amI received a pair of these about 4-5 days ago. First up I must say the sound was quite muddled. Bass was friggen massive in some songs. Waaaay over done. Now I can say they are amazing for the price. Probably the best $60aud ive spent on audio. I love my MS-1's and these are up around the same level for enjoyable listening. Top tapping and booty shaking. Everyone should own a pair I say.post #6851 of 83196/21/13 at 12:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Townyj
I received a pair of these about 4-5 days ago. First up I must say the sound was quite muddled. Bass was friggen massive in some songs. Waaaay over done. Now I can say they are amazing for the price. Probably the best $60aud ive spent on audio. I love my MS-1's and these are up around the same level for enjoyable listening. Top tapping and booty shaking. Everyone should own a pair I say.post #6852 of 83196/21/13 at 12:56amHahaha I believe in a few diff things.. burn in is a huge topic. My ears have adjusted to the sound ive always enjoyed the jvc house sound. V shaped or however you see it. Makes you wanna dance. Music should be fun to listen to. Ive done enough critical listening in the past. so these are a welcome change.post #6853 of 83196/21/13 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Townyj
Hahaha I believe in a few diff things.. burn in is a huge topic. My ears have adjusted to the sound ive always enjoyed the jvc house sound. V shaped or however you see it. Makes you wanna dance. Music should be fun to listen to. Ive done enough critical listening in the past. so these are a welcome change.
Welp it's brain burn as well as burn-in cuz JVCs and CNT are known to require a decent amount of good ol' fashion beat down to sound optimal. But yeah i am glad you're enjoying these S500s, they are truly a treat for peanuts.post #6854 of 83196/21/13 at 1:12ampost #6855 of 83196/21/13 at 1:13amQuote:
It really is worth it mate.
These are still the best bang for buck headphones.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Have you heard all 3? Modi2 MB | Gungnir MB | YGGDRASIL 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear