how teke? And what genre's are you listening to?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 1/29/16 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 442
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6617 of 83125/26/13 at 10:22pmpost #6618 of 83125/26/13 at 10:29pmpost #6619 of 83125/26/13 at 11:29pmpost #6620 of 83125/27/13 at 7:14pm
So, since the comfort issues have mostly fixed themselves, and a simple EQ fixed the orchestral and female vocals problem, my only problem remaining is that they are too fun. The wise-old-man wannabe in me isn't satisfied with these headphones trying to make me dance instead of making me sit down and contemplate life like I'm used to my music doing. I've never heard of a way to fix this "issue", though.
I don't think I need to add anything else to my review like I was expecting to. I've already edited the comfort thing, and I have nothing to add on how awesome these sound.
Edited by daleb - 5/27/13 at 8:01pmpost #6621 of 83125/27/13 at 8:13pm
I'm extremely tempted to pick up a s400... I love my bass but people keep saying that the 400 isn't bass shy what-so-ever and can be compared to that of the 500.
Can anyone back this up and tell me why exactly they prefer the 400 to 500 or vice versa?post #6622 of 83125/27/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
The S400 has less bass than the S500, but you can eq some bass into the S400 and you'll get good results.
The S400 can't beat the S500 when it comes to bass quantity and quality. It can come pretty close with eq.
Edited by RoMee - 5/27/13 at 8:44pmpost #6623 of 83125/27/13 at 9:30pmQuote:
S400 beats the s500 in EVERYTHING except bass QUANTITY.
No need to EQpost #6624 of 83125/27/13 at 10:40pmpost #6625 of 83125/28/13 at 12:50am
Get BOTH brah!!!!!! Get SEVEN of each! Two pairs for every day of the week. They're THAT good.
You can use some stock, mod some of the others, and burn in the rest for varying intervals.
These BLOW AWAY stax and senn 800's. Rage on!!!!!post #6626 of 83125/28/13 at 1:34ampost #6627 of 83125/28/13 at 3:50ampost #6628 of 83125/28/13 at 6:37ampost #6629 of 83125/28/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
its carbon and not carohydratepost #6630 of 83125/28/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
S400 out does the s500 in the highs without a questionReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hoping to find some nice cans for both Android and PC 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...