or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 437

post #6541 of 8304
Take a look at the Vsonic VC02 or VC1000 mate. They might be your saviour.
post #6542 of 8304

Well, there are a lot insanely small iems, especially with microdrivers these days in addition to BA iems. And there is only one proper way to wear the s500 and that's the one that makes you hurt. I don't know what you're listening to but any way of wearing that affects the isolation affects negatively the sound and your first way of wearing just destroys what the s500 does, especially in the bass region.

post #6543 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

 Vsonic VC02

That's what I was getting before I found these XD

post #6544 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, there are a lot insanely small iems, especially with microdrivers these days in addition to BA iems. And there is only one proper way to wear the s500 and that's the one that makes you hurt. I don't know what you're listening to but any way of wearing that affects the isolation affects negatively the sound and your first way of wearing just destroys what the s500 does, especially in the bass region.


I don't hear a bass change at all, and its pretty comfy. There is TONS of bass the first way. Its not until you put it way foward that the bass goes away.

post #6545 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

That's what I was getting before I found these XD

Lol, so you got them or not?
post #6546 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post


Lol, so you got them or not?


No, because if I can avoid IEMs at all, I will. 2scary4me.

post #6547 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post


No, because if I can avoid IEMs at all, I will. 2scary4me.

Dude, seriously check yourself out properly with a doctor. What you're experiencing is not normal at all. You could have serious problems if you let this go unchecked.
post #6548 of 8304

I can't go to a doctor, and I really think its just because the tips are about 5 times to large for my ears. Even though I've seen the VC02 has tips that would fit me, I just don't think I can deal with IEMs anymore.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f1/f12163b4_DSC08424.JPG

 

The only tips my IEM has are the size of the one on the right. They are thicker then my pointing finger, and I can already barely fit my finger into my ear.

 

Maybe in a year or two, I'll get over the fear I have of IEMs thanks to the last one I had, but right now I am unwilling to even touch them.


Edited by daleb - 5/24/13 at 2:42pm
post #6549 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

I can't go to a doctor, and I really think its just because the tips are about 5 times to large for my ears. Even though I've seen the VC02 has tips that would fit me, I just don't think I can deal with IEMs anymore.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f1/f12163b4_DSC08424.JPG

 

The only tips my IEM has are the size of the one on the right. They are thicker then my pointing finger, and I can already barely fit my finger into my ear.

Are you honestly giving up on  iems after having issues with 2 cheap iems and bad selection of tips?

post #6550 of 8304

Something I probably should have pointed out a long time ago, I have hypersensory disorder. People talking, being touched, bright lights, loud noises, almost every form of sensory is painful to me. Its probably not that bad for most people because its just not so acute for them.
 

 

Quote:
Are you honestly giving up on  iems after having issues with 2 cheap iems and bad selection of tips?

Yes.

post #6551 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Are you honestly giving up on  iems after having issues with 2 cheap iems and bad selection of tips?

Sounds like he's just scared of going to the doctor. As something clearly could be badly wrong.
post #6552 of 8304

But back on topic, these headphones sound AMAZING! Anyone else agree? wink_face.gif

 

Edit: I physically can not go to the doctor, you have to pay tons of money to go to the doctor, and I don't even have a job yet , nor do I have any kind of insurance.


Edited by daleb - 5/24/13 at 2:48pm
post #6553 of 8304
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

But back on topic, these headphones sound AMAZING! Anyone else agree? wink_face.gif

Well, ok but at some point you should really give a go to what the new generation of iems can offer. Anyway, I don't have to agree as already each of my posts is hyping them with my signature

post #6554 of 8304

I will later on. If It turns out scientists are actually talkative (and loud) and I need isolation, I will take the money loss and buy some Etys with some foam tips very soon.

 

But then I will have so many sound producers XD

 

Wait, I also have my 280s I could carry with me, they isolate pretty well. I already bought some spray paint to stylize those, too.

 

Edit: I just went and decided to do some research on it. If its an actual medical problem, I could possibly have chronic Otitis Externa.... I really hope not. Nevermind, it would cause a lot of other problems with that. Plus, the only thing that causes the pain is the airplane type pressure they give.

Edit2: After a little more research, foam tips would fix everything... Darn. I can't afford another set of IEMs though because I'm getting the DT880s soon as well.


Edited by daleb - 5/24/13 at 3:22pm
post #6555 of 8304

After changing my review on comfort, the JVC HA-S500s are now the 13th best on ear headphones. If someone else could give them another good review, we could get them in the top 10! Come on guys, go do it!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: