so which do you use instead?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 398post #5956 of 83244/21/13 at 8:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5957 of 83244/21/13 at 9:04pmpost #5958 of 83244/22/13 at 2:46am
Can you buy pads for these to make them into over ear instead of on ear? If so which pads? These look interesting but I cannot stand on ear headphones personally. Also do they still sound good if you can convert them to over ears?post #5959 of 83244/22/13 at 2:48amQuote:
HM5 pads from MP4Nation ;)post #5960 of 83244/22/13 at 3:04ampost #5961 of 83244/22/13 at 4:02amQuote:
You will need the O rings to keep them in place.
Stuffing the pads isnt necessary.post #5962 of 83244/22/13 at 9:12am
I just bought a pair of the HA-S500s in black.
I was originally going to buy the Sony MDR-XB500s for cheap, but I'm glad they were out of stock.
Hopefully these budget headphones impress me! I am going to burn them in right away.
Any advice on modding? I am a bit of a basshead.post #5963 of 83244/22/13 at 9:43ampost #5964 of 83244/22/13 at 10:08ampost #5965 of 83244/22/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
Soundstage is above average and no tinny or sibilant highs.
On another note... ATH will be sending me the WS55 pads tomorrow.
It worked out at just over £7. Chuffed!post #5966 of 83244/22/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
I like to burn in head phones with thunder storm noise on youtube rain is like static and thunder for the bass. Works well for me have a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=n_ss7F2qmuY and its 8 hours.post #5967 of 83244/22/13 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Muzic2can
I like to burn in head phones with thunder storm noise on youtube rain is like static and thunder for the bass. Works well for me have a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=n_ss7F2qmuY
and its 8 hours.
There's not a way to put it on endless repeat is there?post #5968 of 83244/22/13 at 8:17pmpost #5969 of 83244/22/13 at 9:28pm
Don't worry folks, burning in is burning in. As long as the drivers are continuously driving then it is already good. Drop by bassdrive.com for a 24/7 streaming bassy tracks. Or white noise, or pink noise. Anything will do. Seriously, like, you can even put Justin Bieber on loop if you want to. As long as it's driving, it's good.
Just remember to set the volume level just above your comfortable listening level.post #5970 of 83244/22/13 at 9:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 15 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 17 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 23 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 29 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 32 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Low noise usb soundcard for sleeptalk recording 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear