so which do you use instead?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 1/29/16 at 1:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Acknowledgment Thanks @PhilW for loaning me these headphones for a week. I know how much you missed them. Introduction After being so impressed with the ERIB-2a (link to review), @PhilW told me...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 398post #5956 of 83094/21/13 at 8:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5957 of 83094/21/13 at 9:04pmpost #5958 of 83094/22/13 at 2:46am
Can you buy pads for these to make them into over ear instead of on ear? If so which pads? These look interesting but I cannot stand on ear headphones personally. Also do they still sound good if you can convert them to over ears?post #5959 of 83094/22/13 at 2:48amQuote:
HM5 pads from MP4Nation ;)post #5960 of 83094/22/13 at 3:04ampost #5961 of 83094/22/13 at 4:02amQuote:
You will need the O rings to keep them in place.
Stuffing the pads isnt necessary.post #5962 of 83094/22/13 at 9:12am
I just bought a pair of the HA-S500s in black.
I was originally going to buy the Sony MDR-XB500s for cheap, but I'm glad they were out of stock.
Hopefully these budget headphones impress me! I am going to burn them in right away.
Any advice on modding? I am a bit of a basshead.post #5963 of 83094/22/13 at 9:43ampost #5964 of 83094/22/13 at 10:08ampost #5965 of 83094/22/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
Soundstage is above average and no tinny or sibilant highs.
On another note... ATH will be sending me the WS55 pads tomorrow.
It worked out at just over £7. Chuffed!post #5966 of 83094/22/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
I like to burn in head phones with thunder storm noise on youtube rain is like static and thunder for the bass. Works well for me have a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=n_ss7F2qmuY and its 8 hours.post #5967 of 83094/22/13 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Muzic2can
I like to burn in head phones with thunder storm noise on youtube rain is like static and thunder for the bass. Works well for me have a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=n_ss7F2qmuY
and its 8 hours.
There's not a way to put it on endless repeat is there?post #5968 of 83094/22/13 at 8:17pmpost #5969 of 83094/22/13 at 9:28pm
Don't worry folks, burning in is burning in. As long as the drivers are continuously driving then it is already good. Drop by bassdrive.com for a 24/7 streaming bassy tracks. Or white noise, or pink noise. Anything will do. Seriously, like, you can even put Justin Bieber on loop if you want to. As long as it's driving, it's good.
Just remember to set the volume level just above your comfortable listening level.post #5970 of 83094/22/13 at 9:30pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 10 seconds ago
- › Hifiman new Dap mini but powerfull coming soon 11 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 53 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 - Great Condition/Conus 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...