- 8,194 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: usa,florida,boca raton.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 383post #5731 of 83224/8/13 at 3:09pmI have the ws55 , but didn't try tem out on the s500 yet goona give em a shoot tonight maybe
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5732 of 83224/8/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Post your impressions. I might be getting them.post #5733 of 83224/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #5734 of 83224/8/13 at 4:33pmpost #5735 of 83224/8/13 at 6:33pmpost #5736 of 83224/8/13 at 8:39pmNow all I can say with the ws55 pads they are that good. The soundstage did really opened up vocals came out more and now have a nice clarity to them , bass droped about 3db in spl. Really loving the sound now . I thank thy who recommended the padspost #5737 of 83224/8/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
^ LoL even better than your gr07 BEs??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?post #5738 of 83224/8/13 at 8:49pmpost #5739 of 83224/8/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
maybe you should send those S500s with the WS55 pads to me so i can help you burn them in. Cuz ya' know i am good at that and you're gonna have those new vsonics coming up, so you're gonna be too busy anyways. Just lookin' out for ya' bro.post #5740 of 83224/8/13 at 8:56pmpost #5741 of 83224/8/13 at 9:00pm
CORRECTION i got TWO modded sets, but no stock ones. LoL The irony cuz i really want to hear how they sound like stock, but don't want to mess with my mods. ha Tempted to buy a 3rd set to leave it stock.post #5742 of 83224/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #5743 of 83224/11/13 at 4:41am
Hey guys, just received my HA-S500 this moring. Bought them off ebay from seller buyfromjapan and they came in mint condition and perfectly functioning. Took a whole month, but I'm happy they're here now.
My early impression so far:
Sound is very, very full and enveloping. Personally, they sound more like a closed headphone than an open one and also leak much, much less than both my HD555 and DT990.
Soundstage comparable to the HD555, but definitely feel more cramped than the DT990. Pretty decent I'd say.
Bass is very deep and punchy, but the mids maintain their clarity somehow (what sorcery is this?).
Treble slightly recessed compared to the HD555, but much less fatiguing than my DT990.
They're very tiny (which I like), build quality is good and so is the cable. Very strong clamp and slightly sweaty pads, but once you wear them for a while, you'll hardly notice. Although DT990 and HD555 still win in this regard.
By the way...I'm using my HA-S500 with a Fiio E9 and been listening to a bunch of music from my lossless collection, so again, these are just my early impressions. I will also be running some test with my ear force dss and see how well they perform with DH while gaming on the consoles/PC.
Edited by Naingolann - 4/11/13 at 4:57ampost #5744 of 83224/11/13 at 4:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 8 seconds ago
- › uapp and dragonfly black help please 10 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 36 seconds ago
- › Counterfeit Shure SE846 Dissected 40 seconds ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 58 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A vs 1More Triple Driver 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear