So now I've gotta buy the WS55 pads, huh? How does it change the sound signature and how comfortable are they? I'm using the stock pads.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/7/15 at 4:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 383post #5731 of 82544/8/13 at 2:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5732 of 82544/8/13 at 3:04pmpost #5733 of 82544/8/13 at 3:09pmpost #5734 of 82544/8/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Post your impressions. I might be getting them.post #5735 of 82544/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #5736 of 82544/8/13 at 4:33pmpost #5737 of 82544/8/13 at 6:33pmpost #5738 of 82544/8/13 at 8:39pmNow all I can say with the ws55 pads they are that good. The soundstage did really opened up vocals came out more and now have a nice clarity to them , bass droped about 3db in spl. Really loving the sound now . I thank thy who recommended the padspost #5739 of 82544/8/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
^ LoL even better than your gr07 BEs??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?post #5740 of 82544/8/13 at 8:49pmpost #5741 of 82544/8/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
maybe you should send those S500s with the WS55 pads to me so i can help you burn them in. Cuz ya' know i am good at that and you're gonna have those new vsonics coming up, so you're gonna be too busy anyways. Just lookin' out for ya' bro.post #5742 of 82544/8/13 at 8:56pmpost #5743 of 82544/8/13 at 9:00pm
CORRECTION i got TWO modded sets, but no stock ones. LoL The irony cuz i really want to hear how they sound like stock, but don't want to mess with my mods. ha Tempted to buy a 3rd set to leave it stock.post #5744 of 82544/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #5745 of 82544/11/13 at 4:41am
Hey guys, just received my HA-S500 this moring. Bought them off ebay from seller buyfromjapan and they came in mint condition and perfectly functioning. Took a whole month, but I'm happy they're here now.
My early impression so far:
Sound is very, very full and enveloping. Personally, they sound more like a closed headphone than an open one and also leak much, much less than both my HD555 and DT990.
Soundstage comparable to the HD555, but definitely feel more cramped than the DT990. Pretty decent I'd say.
Bass is very deep and punchy, but the mids maintain their clarity somehow (what sorcery is this?).
Treble slightly recessed compared to the HD555, but much less fatiguing than my DT990.
They're very tiny (which I like), build quality is good and so is the cable. Very strong clamp and slightly sweaty pads, but once you wear them for a while, you'll hardly notice. Although DT990 and HD555 still win in this regard.
By the way...I'm using my HA-S500 with a Fiio E9 and been listening to a bunch of music from my lossless collection, so again, these are just my early impressions. I will also be running some test with my ear force dss and see how well they perform with DH while gaming on the consoles/PC.
Edited by Naingolann - 4/11/13 at 4:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AKG K1000 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 7 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 12 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 14 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 14 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2