hey @sofastreamer, does masking tape effect the bass that much when tape modding? i tried it and im wondering if i should do scotch tape and im dont feel like cutting little strips of tape again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/24/15 at 3:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 377post #5641 of 82513/31/13 at 11:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5642 of 82513/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:post #5643 of 82513/31/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.post #5644 of 82513/31/13 at 3:40pmpost #5645 of 82513/31/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
I thought at least the gauge made a difference though, no?post #5646 of 82513/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #5647 of 82513/31/13 at 10:37pmpost #5648 of 82513/31/13 at 10:51pm
I changed the speaker wire of my stereo from ones as thick as my pinky finger, that the previous owner had used, to a much smaller gauge that I bought for a pittance at a Radio Shack, and noticed no difference. I didn't change it because of the sound though.....I just needed a different length of cable.post #5649 of 82513/31/13 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by shockdoc
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.
Ha ha!post #5650 of 82514/1/13 at 7:42ampost #5651 of 82514/1/13 at 7:55ampost #5652 of 82514/1/13 at 8:26ampost #5653 of 82514/1/13 at 8:32amQuote:
haha i didnt even notice the numbers. all i saw was japanese XD. 32 ohms to answer my questionpost #5654 of 82514/2/13 at 3:52pmpost #5655 of 82514/2/13 at 3:55pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 43 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 2 minutes ago
- › AGK K550 Problem 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 6 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3