hey @sofastreamer, does masking tape effect the bass that much when tape modding? i tried it and im wondering if i should do scotch tape and im dont feel like cutting little strips of tape again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 6/13/15 at 7:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 377post #5641 of 82483/31/13 at 11:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5642 of 82483/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:post #5643 of 82483/31/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.post #5644 of 82483/31/13 at 3:40pmpost #5645 of 82483/31/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
I thought at least the gauge made a difference though, no?post #5646 of 82483/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #5647 of 82483/31/13 at 10:37pmpost #5648 of 82483/31/13 at 10:51pm
I changed the speaker wire of my stereo from ones as thick as my pinky finger, that the previous owner had used, to a much smaller gauge that I bought for a pittance at a Radio Shack, and noticed no difference. I didn't change it because of the sound though.....I just needed a different length of cable.post #5649 of 82483/31/13 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by shockdoc
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.
Ha ha!post #5650 of 82484/1/13 at 7:42ampost #5651 of 82484/1/13 at 7:55ampost #5652 of 82484/1/13 at 8:26ampost #5653 of 82484/1/13 at 8:32amQuote:
haha i didnt even notice the numbers. all i saw was japanese XD. 32 ohms to answer my questionpost #5654 of 82484/2/13 at 3:52pmpost #5655 of 82484/2/13 at 3:55pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 29 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 9 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)