S500 pr0n at it's finest!
- 6,144 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Because of better amp and dac section (96KHz/24bit vs 48KHz/16bit), better headphone jack, option to auto turn off the display, bass, treble, gain and balance adjustments, hold switch. Of course if battery life is more important than sound quality and those additional features, E7 is better option.
I'm a complete newbie to the headphone world and i have learned a lot so far and still feel that there is still so much more to learn about sound quality and headphones. As of now I have only the HM 3 having purchased it by a local seller after feeling confident about the reviews given to this site. I'm very much satisfied with my HM 3 for the moment
I was contemplating of getting one of the hi-fi or mid-fi phones like the senn hd 6xx, but since I am on a budget and the top senn products would require a decent amp to run them I have decided to go for either the v-moda m-80 or one of the more established cans like the ath-m50, senn 25 hd.
Well after scouring rigidly for threads about other cans I heard someone posting about the HA S500 saying how it was such a steal. After reading a few pages and read a review how it was on par with the v-moda sq wise.
So a few concerns:
1) Has JVC created a new model cost-wise that is an upgrade of these? or these are still there latest model?
2) Is there gonna be a significant difference sound wise with my current HM 3's? (will thse be better)
3) I've read in the first few pages about someone warning about carbon nano tubes being carcinogenic. Is there a potential danger to these phones due to it? Or the cnt used are safe or small amounts? ( I can live with that :))
I would like to apologize in advance if most of my questions have been answered by the previous pages. I've only read pages 10-14 and I have to go out and attend a family gathering.