or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 318

post #4756 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by musubi1000 View Post

just taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.

 

I havent stuffed anything, only taped 2 vents on each side.

 

This way I can use EQ2 on my FiiO E11 and have reached the sound I want. smile.gif

 

Saying that though, I think I'l be getting the C&C BH amp soon anyways. biggrin.gif

post #4757 of 8319

I've got a Cowon X9 coming in the mail.....so we'll see how Mach3Bass sounds with the S500. basshead.gif

post #4758 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by musubi1000 View Post

just taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.

1.) Stretch out a cotton ball and stuff the stock pad with it. 

2.) Next, stuff the stock pad a small layer of paper towel or toilet paper. Make sure none of the openings on the driver are covered. Also, make sure it is stuffed somewhat tight.

 

See if this helps :P

post #4759 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by musubi1000 View Post

just taping the ports isn't enough. The pads should be stuffed to balance the increased bass end.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ofamillion View Post

1.) Stretch out a cotton ball and stuff the stock pad with it. 

2.) Next, stuff the stock pad a small layer of paper towel or toilet paper. Make sure none of the openings on the driver are covered. Also, make sure it is stuffed somewhat tight.

 

See if this helps :P

 

I realized I replied to the wrong person. Sorry about that! 


Edited by 1ofamillion - 2/7/13 at 9:52am
post #4760 of 8319

I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?

post #4761 of 8319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiel36287 View Post

I tried searching through this forum and thread specifically to no avail. Is there any reason as to why the white versions are different in regards to driver size? The white 400 has 40mm and the white 500 sports 30mm. Odd right? If I get the white s400's will I be getting the sound of the regular s500's?

You got it backwards.  The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.

post #4762 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

You got it backwards.  The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.

Was gonna say lol

White S500s? Why didint I hear about them before haha
post #4763 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

You got it backwards.  The HA-S400 (White) have the smaller 30mm drivers. The HA-S500 ( Gun Metal) has the 40mm drivers.

 

several places show them having the 40mm drivers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_62362_JVC-HA-S400-W-HAS400W-On-Ear-Carbon-Nanotube-Headphones-White.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=CJ3sgo2OprUCFQWxnQodthMA5Q
post #4764 of 8319
post #4765 of 8319
Thread Starter 

I own both of em. I own the white ones. 30mm drivers.

post #4766 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I own both of em. I own the white ones. 30mm drivers.

So the white 400 is no doubt 30mm, but like the link I posted, is that a pic of the white 500 on an ad for the 400? I'm so confused!
I want to order the white jvc's with 40mm drivers. I can only assume that the ones pictured in my link are the 500's as they are the same design as the non white 500's.
post #4767 of 8319
There are no white ones...
post #4768 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

There are no white ones...

 

The S400 are white. :)

post #4769 of 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by geko95gek View Post

 

The S400 are white. :)


I think he meant there are no white S500's, which there aren't

post #4770 of 8319

Put the S500 drivers in the S400 white ones and you got white S500.  gs1000.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: