- 90 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 317post #4741 of 83222/6/13 at 7:43amDoes the UE6000 in passive mode(!) have bass quality/quantity similar to the S500? I will try to get my ears used to the pressure for now, but maybe i have to go for the Logitech otherwise. I just love the stock pads sound, the HM5 mod doesn't really work for me
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 83222/6/13 at 7:45ampost #4743 of 83222/6/13 at 7:53ampost #4744 of 83222/6/13 at 8:00amQuote:
Try taping only 1 or 2 vents on each side.
I felt the same as you and then it hit me that I didin't have to tape all the vents.
So I settled on taping just 2 on each side and left 1 open on each side.post #4745 of 83222/6/13 at 8:35ampost #4746 of 83222/6/13 at 10:18ampost #4747 of 83222/6/13 at 10:21ampost #4748 of 83222/6/13 at 10:27amQuote:
I emailed JVC a few weeks ago to ask just that and was given a generic statement that they're only sold overseas. If there is any plan to bring them here JVC US support either doesn't know or can't comment.post #4749 of 83222/6/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
Don't blame you one bit. I'm usually the same way. Only decided to pull the trigger after reading many posts by DS and deciding "what the heck, it's only 16 bucks" when I ordered my HM5 pads. Made the biggest difference on my wife's Macbook but I was surprised how much it improved the sound on my Toshiba. Eventually I will want a small amp to pair with it but for now it's great AND it increased the volume a little bit on some of the softer tracks. Blew my mind how it even improved my picky Senn 580's.post #4750 of 83222/6/13 at 12:35pmpost #4751 of 83222/6/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by shockdoc
Don't blame you one bit. I'm usually the same way. Only decided to pull the trigger after reading many posts by DS and deciding "what the heck, it's only 16 bucks" when I ordered my HM5 pads. Made the biggest difference on my wife's Macbook but I was surprised how much it improved the sound on my Toshiba. Eventually I will want a small amp to pair with it but for now it's great AND it increased the volume a little bit on some of the softer tracks. Blew my mind how it even improved my picky Senn 580's.
+10. The ele dac is the real deal. Read about it in the discovery thread. Brings to life my s500's, uptowns, and ad900x's.post #4752 of 83222/6/13 at 12:57pmpost #4753 of 83222/6/13 at 1:16pmpost #4754 of 83222/6/13 at 3:34pmpost #4755 of 83222/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! just now
- › New Inear Prophile-8 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 3 minutes ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-100R 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear