- 90 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 317post #4741 of 83192/6/13 at 7:43amDoes the UE6000 in passive mode(!) have bass quality/quantity similar to the S500? I will try to get my ears used to the pressure for now, but maybe i have to go for the Logitech otherwise. I just love the stock pads sound, the HM5 mod doesn't really work for me
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 83192/6/13 at 7:45ampost #4743 of 83192/6/13 at 7:53ampost #4744 of 83192/6/13 at 8:00amQuote:
Try taping only 1 or 2 vents on each side.
I felt the same as you and then it hit me that I didin't have to tape all the vents.
So I settled on taping just 2 on each side and left 1 open on each side.post #4745 of 83192/6/13 at 8:35ampost #4746 of 83192/6/13 at 10:18ampost #4747 of 83192/6/13 at 10:21ampost #4748 of 83192/6/13 at 10:27amQuote:
I emailed JVC a few weeks ago to ask just that and was given a generic statement that they're only sold overseas. If there is any plan to bring them here JVC US support either doesn't know or can't comment.post #4749 of 83192/6/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
Don't blame you one bit. I'm usually the same way. Only decided to pull the trigger after reading many posts by DS and deciding "what the heck, it's only 16 bucks" when I ordered my HM5 pads. Made the biggest difference on my wife's Macbook but I was surprised how much it improved the sound on my Toshiba. Eventually I will want a small amp to pair with it but for now it's great AND it increased the volume a little bit on some of the softer tracks. Blew my mind how it even improved my picky Senn 580's.post #4750 of 83192/6/13 at 12:35pmpost #4751 of 83192/6/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by shockdoc
Don't blame you one bit. I'm usually the same way. Only decided to pull the trigger after reading many posts by DS and deciding "what the heck, it's only 16 bucks" when I ordered my HM5 pads. Made the biggest difference on my wife's Macbook but I was surprised how much it improved the sound on my Toshiba. Eventually I will want a small amp to pair with it but for now it's great AND it increased the volume a little bit on some of the softer tracks. Blew my mind how it even improved my picky Senn 580's.
+10. The ele dac is the real deal. Read about it in the discovery thread. Brings to life my s500's, uptowns, and ad900x's.post #4752 of 83192/6/13 at 12:57pmpost #4753 of 83192/6/13 at 1:16pmpost #4754 of 83192/6/13 at 3:34pmpost #4755 of 83192/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 7 seconds ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 44 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Rampant scammers on amazon 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics 1Plus and ASG-B for sale.All accessories and will post... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 Earphones - New Release 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear