- 90 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 317post #4741 of 83262/6/13 at 7:43amDoes the UE6000 in passive mode(!) have bass quality/quantity similar to the S500? I will try to get my ears used to the pressure for now, but maybe i have to go for the Logitech otherwise. I just love the stock pads sound, the HM5 mod doesn't really work for me
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4742 of 83262/6/13 at 7:45ampost #4743 of 83262/6/13 at 7:53ampost #4744 of 83262/6/13 at 8:00amQuote:
Try taping only 1 or 2 vents on each side.
I felt the same as you and then it hit me that I didin't have to tape all the vents.
So I settled on taping just 2 on each side and left 1 open on each side.post #4745 of 83262/6/13 at 8:35ampost #4746 of 83262/6/13 at 10:18ampost #4747 of 83262/6/13 at 10:21ampost #4748 of 83262/6/13 at 10:27amQuote:
I emailed JVC a few weeks ago to ask just that and was given a generic statement that they're only sold overseas. If there is any plan to bring them here JVC US support either doesn't know or can't comment.post #4749 of 83262/6/13 at 12:00pmQuote:
Don't blame you one bit. I'm usually the same way. Only decided to pull the trigger after reading many posts by DS and deciding "what the heck, it's only 16 bucks" when I ordered my HM5 pads. Made the biggest difference on my wife's Macbook but I was surprised how much it improved the sound on my Toshiba. Eventually I will want a small amp to pair with it but for now it's great AND it increased the volume a little bit on some of the softer tracks. Blew my mind how it even improved my picky Senn 580's.post #4750 of 83262/6/13 at 12:35pmpost #4751 of 83262/6/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by shockdoc
Don't blame you one bit. I'm usually the same way. Only decided to pull the trigger after reading many posts by DS and deciding "what the heck, it's only 16 bucks" when I ordered my HM5 pads. Made the biggest difference on my wife's Macbook but I was surprised how much it improved the sound on my Toshiba. Eventually I will want a small amp to pair with it but for now it's great AND it increased the volume a little bit on some of the softer tracks. Blew my mind how it even improved my picky Senn 580's.
+10. The ele dac is the real deal. Read about it in the discovery thread. Brings to life my s500's, uptowns, and ad900x's.post #4752 of 83262/6/13 at 12:57pmpost #4753 of 83262/6/13 at 1:16pmpost #4754 of 83262/6/13 at 3:34pmpost #4755 of 83262/6/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
One caveat. This little guy WILL make your poorly recorded, poorly mastered and/or low bit rate songs sound like crap. Fair warning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 8 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 8 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 10 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 10 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear