- 127 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/7/15 at 4:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 311post #4651 of 82541/26/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4652 of 82541/26/13 at 12:52pmpost #4653 of 82541/26/13 at 2:07pm
The FiiO E6 is much cheaper than the ZO2.3 and sounds pretty sweet on Eq. 2. You can often pick them up pretty cheap here in HF from someone upgrading. I bought one on Amazon for 23 bucks shipped and then another from a Head Fi'er for 15 bucks. Just a thought.post #4654 of 82541/26/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
Awesome, thanks! I'll look into a cheaper amplifier then.
Edited by 1ofamillion - 1/26/13 at 5:52pmpost #4655 of 82541/26/13 at 4:03pm
So I just finally sprang for a set of these. It is really ironic because around the time these came out in Japan I was actually over there. I was riding my bike around with a friend and we stopped to look at cameras. I saw a big bin of these phones for the equivalent of $40 a piece and when I saw the JVC name and the nanotube diaphragm technology I thought they might really be something...but did not pick them up because I had been overspending. Then I got home and saw this thread!
Anyway, I bought a used pair of Beyer T1's a few months ago and while they are pretty awesome, I use them rarely and have considered selling them. If these get somewhere close to the Beyers I will probably let them go.
post #4656 of 82541/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #4657 of 82541/26/13 at 5:24pmpost #4658 of 82541/26/13 at 6:45pm
Just bear in mind that it won't have the same bass quality as the ZO2.3post #4659 of 82541/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
I'm curious about this too. I got some CAL recently but I haven't really compared them closely with the S500.....I do like both of them though.post #4660 of 82541/26/13 at 7:54pmpost #4661 of 82541/26/13 at 8:12pmpost #4662 of 82541/27/13 at 2:55amQuote:
You must have a really weirdly shaped head.
I can wear the JVCs for hours and hours without any discomfort.post #4663 of 82541/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
Same for me. In the past I've had problems with supra-aural phones, but not with s500's.post #4664 of 82541/27/13 at 5:53amQuote:
I tried mine back and forth last night after reading your earlier post. I don't find the S500 uncomfortable, in fact I love how I can wear them with my glasses without interference, but I would agree that glasses aside, the CAL are more comfortable.
I think that what you described as the CAL sounding a bit clearer to you, after going back and forth with them last night, is that the CAL seem to have a wider soundstage....and it may be a simple as the fact that the drivers are a little further away from the ears. I think the S500 drivers are a little more tightly controlled, but as I said before, I still enjoy both headphones.
I traded my ATH-WS55 for the CAL and I have no regrets.post #4665 of 82541/27/13 at 6:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › AKG - K701 vs. Q701 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wanted - Schiit Fulla or Fiio E10K or something very similar. 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2