- 127 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/7/15 at 4:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 311post #4651 of 82541/26/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4652 of 82541/26/13 at 12:52pmpost #4653 of 82541/26/13 at 2:07pm
The FiiO E6 is much cheaper than the ZO2.3 and sounds pretty sweet on Eq. 2. You can often pick them up pretty cheap here in HF from someone upgrading. I bought one on Amazon for 23 bucks shipped and then another from a Head Fi'er for 15 bucks. Just a thought.post #4654 of 82541/26/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
Awesome, thanks! I'll look into a cheaper amplifier then.
Edited by 1ofamillion - 1/26/13 at 5:52pmpost #4655 of 82541/26/13 at 4:03pm
So I just finally sprang for a set of these. It is really ironic because around the time these came out in Japan I was actually over there. I was riding my bike around with a friend and we stopped to look at cameras. I saw a big bin of these phones for the equivalent of $40 a piece and when I saw the JVC name and the nanotube diaphragm technology I thought they might really be something...but did not pick them up because I had been overspending. Then I got home and saw this thread!
Anyway, I bought a used pair of Beyer T1's a few months ago and while they are pretty awesome, I use them rarely and have considered selling them. If these get somewhere close to the Beyers I will probably let them go.
post #4656 of 82541/26/13 at 5:14pmpost #4657 of 82541/26/13 at 5:24pmpost #4658 of 82541/26/13 at 6:45pm
Just bear in mind that it won't have the same bass quality as the ZO2.3post #4659 of 82541/26/13 at 7:04pmQuote:
I'm curious about this too. I got some CAL recently but I haven't really compared them closely with the S500.....I do like both of them though.post #4660 of 82541/26/13 at 7:54pmpost #4661 of 82541/26/13 at 8:12pmpost #4662 of 82541/27/13 at 2:55amQuote:
You must have a really weirdly shaped head.
I can wear the JVCs for hours and hours without any discomfort.post #4663 of 82541/27/13 at 5:25amQuote:
Same for me. In the past I've had problems with supra-aural phones, but not with s500's.post #4664 of 82541/27/13 at 5:53amQuote:
I tried mine back and forth last night after reading your earlier post. I don't find the S500 uncomfortable, in fact I love how I can wear them with my glasses without interference, but I would agree that glasses aside, the CAL are more comfortable.
I think that what you described as the CAL sounding a bit clearer to you, after going back and forth with them last night, is that the CAL seem to have a wider soundstage....and it may be a simple as the fact that the drivers are a little further away from the ears. I think the S500 drivers are a little more tightly controlled, but as I said before, I still enjoy both headphones.
I traded my ATH-WS55 for the CAL and I have no regrets.post #4665 of 82541/27/13 at 6:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 43 seconds ago
- › I'll leave my smart phone home more often 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Critique my setup. What would you upgrade next? 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Any Hifiman EF2A tube rolling guides? 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2