Good stuff, all the way around. Thanks guys!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/24/15 at 3:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 303post #4531 of 82511/19/13 at 12:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4532 of 82511/19/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
His split personality more impovershed alter-ego still hangs out here...Quote:
Uptowns can work for all of your personalities :)post #4533 of 82511/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
LoL, so i didn't know what that meant and looked it up. 1st definition = LMAO.
Oh man don't tell me docs' other alias is CRAZY RICKY BOI!!! ahahahahahaha
Man why is everyone doing a "miow" these days. Now we need to find out who the other doc is??? The witch hunt is on!
Edited by sfwalcer - 1/19/13 at 12:29pmpost #4534 of 82511/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #4535 of 82511/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
oh, LoL. damn it thought i was on to something. Sorry folks the witch hunt is called off! WAYNE you party pooper. LoLpost #4536 of 82511/19/13 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
YA MON!!! We bass lovers can rejoice due to that tape bass ports mod. Know i know i can trust your impressions more than Ds' now cuz you love to hear these S500s exactly how i love to hear them DAT LUSH CNT BASS! I want mo' BASS. LoL
Try stuffing the stock pads with some paper towels or cotton/ or a mix of both, you might like these S500s even more.
LOL.. Well we all know that Ds is....Well, hmmm?? He's just >>> NUTS!!
lolpost #4537 of 82511/19/13 at 1:36pm
I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech. At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range. However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest. If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested.post #4538 of 82511/19/13 at 1:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by wje
I'll have to admit, I had seriously considered the UE-6000s from Logitech. At the time, I was looking for something to replace the AKG K167 Tiesto that I had returned and was seeking something in the $200 range. However, when I got to the part about them requiring batteries, I stopped reading and lost interest. If a pair of headphones needs batteries to do its magic, then I'm not interested.
The UE6000 don't require batteries, it'll work without batteries.
Right now I'm trying to decide which one to keep, the UE6000 or the Philips Fidelio L1.
Edited by RoMee - 1/19/13 at 1:48pmpost #4539 of 82511/19/13 at 2:44pm
Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass :) Any suggestions?post #4540 of 82511/19/13 at 2:48pmQuote:If you're not set on getting an amp already I've found that you can get a TON of bass by eq alone. I can get an intense er massage when listening to dub step with my custom Techno eq.Originally Posted by esmBOS
Hey guys I need some advice on amping the s500's. I ordered 3 pairs, which I received like 2 weeks ago, sold 1 pair to my colleague on holding on to one pair myself for dear life! LOVE them! Now I'm thinking about giving the last pair as a present to my sisters boyfriend. He knows I'm kinda into headphones, so when I went home over the holidays he asked me "what you think about them Beats by Dre?". I know right! So now, I want to give him a proper pair, but since he's kind of a basshead (like me) I was thinking about throwing in an amp, eg the ZO2 or a Fiio E11, just so if one of hes friends eventually show up with a pair of Beats, he can positively "beat" them when it comes to DAT bass Any suggestions?post #4541 of 82511/19/13 at 2:51pmQuote:
He has an iPhone 4(S?). Will on-board EQ suffice? I boycott Apple products myself so haven't tried!post #4542 of 82511/19/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
Amen to that. Thank god i only fell to their ipod classic cuz i needed massive storage.post #4543 of 82511/19/13 at 3:58pm
Oh, OK, that's nice to know. I'm assuming the batteries are more for the noise cancelling feature, as opposed to adding bass?
With regards to the HA-S500 headphones, I've found that the EQ that I'm using in WinAmp, can work well when one takes the 6kHz frequency, and drops it down a bit with the EQ setting. This essentially removes any "sizzle" that many have talked about with the S500 headphones. I just finished a major Johnny Lang (Live at the Rhyman) jam session and the HA-S500 is just lovely. I can say for certain, I'll be returning my AKG K67 (on-ear) Tiesto headphones back to the Guitar Center. The AKG just can't keep up in the bass department like the JVC can. For $100, I'd rather opt for two additional pair of the HA-500 headphones, so I could leave one for reserve, and keep a pair at work.
Also,on the DAC front, I've used the ELE DAC for several hours, and it really does quite well. However, today, I did receive the Muse mini-DAC with the Burr-Brown PCM2704 chip in it. Given the fact that the Muse is only about $12.00 more than the ELE, I'll have to say that the Muse is a very, very good sounding DAC. Now, my Schiit Modi DAC is getting a bit lonely as it's not getting a lot of attention while I put the ELE DAC and the Muse through the paces.post #4544 of 82511/19/13 at 6:18pmQuote:
There are various EQ apps he could try that work wonders.post #4545 of 82511/19/13 at 6:23pm
Does the Muse have USB in or just S/PDIF? Is this it?
Edit: D'oh! Sorry, stupid question. A little too much ETOH this evening.
Edited by shockdoc - 1/19/13 at 6:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 24 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 59 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3