Just in case you missed it. Here is the link. http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-get-your-pic-idea-ready-for-the-21st-ha-s500-pic-for-cheapo-gear-day/3510#post_8928605 Now I have opened this event to the guys that own the HA-S400 and using any source. I figure we would have some fun at the end of the world.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 247post #3691 of 832412/12/12 at 5:52pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3692 of 832412/12/12 at 6:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dsnuts
Just in case you missed it. Here is the link. http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-get-your-pic-idea-ready-for-the-21st-ha-s500-pic-for-cheapo-gear-day/3510#post_8928605 Now I have opened this event to the guys that own the HA-S400 and using any source. I figure we would have some fun at the end of the world.post #3693 of 832412/12/12 at 7:00pmThread Starter
So I have been listening to my HA-S500 all day today.. I am completely impressed with the HM5 pad mod.. I am using the stock pads and the HM5 pads over them. I can't take these off my head.
The sound reminds me so much of my full sized A900X. Similar stage. Similar sparkly highs. Similar deep mids and the bass end is very similar as well. All this with even better comfort over them.post #3694 of 832412/12/12 at 8:13pmpost #3695 of 832412/12/12 at 8:21pmI have about 5 hours of burn in on these now and already I can tell that they are winners. I've been a/bing them against my canare cabled ESW9s and while the Audio Technica has better sound stage, I'm incredibly impressed with how well the quality of sound out of the HA S500 compares.
Give the fact that they are lightweight and fold up, I think I have found my ideal portable headphone - using it now in my portable rig and I'm very satisfied. I'll be taking a photo for sure!post #3696 of 832412/12/12 at 8:55pmHere's a question: I realized I could rotate the headphone cups such that they rest against each other. With a little pressure, you can barely hear any sound coming out with normal listening volumes. Now, since I don't have a good sequestered spot for burning in phones, I was wondering what you all thought about me rubber banding the headphones together into that position? It would irritate my wife a lot less and help me get more burn in done.post #3697 of 832412/12/12 at 9:13pmpost #3698 of 832412/12/12 at 9:17pmpost #3699 of 832412/12/12 at 9:58pmpost #3700 of 832412/12/12 at 10:07pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by dmort
And a final question for the evening - pad mods... I think I will first try the HD-25 velours, since I can just run down to B and H and get them... but has anyone tried a pad like this: Garfield Softies.
I wonder if they would make these sound a bit more open.
Seriously if you are gonna spend that much for those pads. I would spend a buck more and get the full sized HM5 pads..I have seen and heard just about all the pad mods that have been done on this thread and I can say it just comes down to 2 pads.
The ATH pleathers.= For balanced sound. Less bass more mids.
HM5 Pads = Makes your HA-S500 sound like a $300 plus headphone easily. I know they kinda look goofy on the frame of the HA-S500 but you won't care once you hear these pads on your HA-S500 and I have been just using them over the stock pads that come with the HA-S500 today. Sounds amazing. Worth the money to try them out. I recommend them to everyone that has the HA-S500. Don't need to wonder how a full sized carbon nanotube headphone is gonna sound like. Just throw on these pads and find out for yourself.
If you want to keep that portable form factor the ATH pleather pads are the best for these way more comfy to boot. I say just get the HM5 pads and be done with pad rolling. It seriously brings a whole new level of sound to the HA-S500.post #3701 of 832412/12/12 at 10:08pm
if they use Beats then they might not be in this forum :)
btw i have friend that uses Beats. His first comment is "Wow, nice. But the bass is not as good as Beats. I can hear more vocal and treble but still less bass".post #3702 of 832412/12/12 at 10:10pmpost #3703 of 832412/12/12 at 10:16pmpost #3704 of 832412/12/12 at 10:49pmI am using the pads off of my esw9s and I am really enjoying them. Definitely better than the stock pad, at least for my preference. Probably going to get a second pair of pads since I'd like to put these back onto my esw9s eventually as I also like those headphones. '
Where do you get the HM5 pads? I'd totally give them a try as well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › R2R DA M1 Ultracap powered build 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio M3 or X1, number of tracks 7 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 7 minutes ago
- › Advice on first major headphone purchase 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear