Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/15/16 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 137post #2041 of 832410/6/12 at 1:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2042 of 832410/6/12 at 1:11am
"Aehaheh... Good news everyone! I've come up with a way to use space age superstrong material ,that is still in active research to explore their potential, as material for a headphone driver."post #2043 of 832410/6/12 at 5:52ampost #2044 of 832410/6/12 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by penmarker
"Aehaheh... Good news everyone! I've come up with a way to use space age superstrong material ,that is still in active research to explore their potential, as material for a headphone driver."
I'm waiting for someone to make earbuds out of thus stuff...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_nanobudpost #2045 of 832410/6/12 at 9:28amThread Starterpost #2046 of 832410/6/12 at 10:11am
hmmmmm ericp's new discovery looks really promising, from your initial impressions it seems like it's the ideal basshead IEM for audiophiles. That BAM tech thing is really interesting as well. Keep us updated ericp, really wanna hear more about these. Though they are not as sexy looking as these JVC FXD series.
Oh hey Dsnuts and peps that are interested in the nano-cliparty as doc would say it, how are we gonna implement it exactly??? We can't just share youtube clips and just listen with our S500s, cuz then the whole idea of the clip player part is left out. Nor does it make sense to just listen to our own music with our clip+S500 setup cuz then you get no group synergy/ participation.
Well I kinda thought about it, and came up with some ideas. A person that has the skills/ knowledge on how to make a free public/ private (whichever works best) group account on sharebeast/ mediafire, etc for all of us to upload our mp3 files. Then we can all upload like a couple of our favorite songs that we love listening to with our S500s into this shared folder. After the tracklist is made and all of the files are uploaded, we can then download it and put it into our clips/ mp3 players (for others that don't have the clip but do have the S500s and wants to join out nano-cliparty).
The last part is to set up a date and time that is convenient for most for this event. We all could discuss/ chat on this thread or in a newly created thread labeled "Nano-Clip+Party 2012" or something along those lines. This way we can all listen to the same tracklisted songs with our S500s at the same time which makes discussion/ participation much better. Just my 2 cents. Anyone care to share some more input???post #2047 of 832410/6/12 at 10:40ampost #2048 of 832410/6/12 at 10:54amSorry to derail the thread, but does anyone know a thread focised on cd japan? I am losing my money because they keep taking chqrging mu debit card. I only bought the ckm500a there, and now I lost over $200post #2049 of 832410/6/12 at 10:58amThread StarterQuote:
You gotta contact your card carrier or your bank and have them put a stop to all transactions. That don't sound right. There are many a guys that bought stuff from them. But first thing first call your bank and have them put a stop on all payments.post #2050 of 832410/6/12 at 11:07amQuote:
I did, anf contactedf walmart
They said ot was a japanese company, and that i boughy an iphone cover, but i would not buy such a thing like that.post #2051 of 832410/6/12 at 11:32am
I've pretty much stayed away from this site for two years or so - I'm into big a** speakers like Infinity RS 2.5s and B&W 801s now - and twenty minutes later I have a pair of headphones coming from Japan and I'm out $79. Thanks guys!post #2052 of 832410/6/12 at 11:37amThread StarterQuote:
The power of suggestion. Woot. Let us know how you hear them.post #2053 of 832410/6/12 at 11:42amQuote:
Ah, but are earbuds made with carbon nanoBUDS? ;-) Sorry, I thought I would just post a silly (and subtle) one above when I saw that carbon nanobuds exist. Having said that, I didn't realize that jvc was making iems with nanotubes, so thanks for educating me!
Edited by waynes world - 10/6/12 at 11:47ampost #2054 of 832410/6/12 at 11:46amQuote:
Stick around a couple of days you won't have anymore money to spend so you won't have that problem.post #2055 of 832410/6/12 at 11:55amQuote:
I have lusted for Infinity RS 2.5s ever since I heard a really well set up pair at audio fair in Milan, Italy , way back in 1979. The "cookoo clock" appearence of those EMIM midrange drivers while playing hotter parts of Telarc's recording of Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain is a lasting memory. Please let us know how HA-S500s ( after a leeeeenghty burn-in they neeed so badly ...) stack up to RS 2.5s - it has been decades since I heard RS2.5s now, but I think they should sound pretty similar - if the RS2.5s have enough juice feeding them and enough place to develop in all their majesty. RS2.5s are one of the top three speakers ever produced by Infinity - out of the contenders for the throne within that brand in period it did build serious speakers, the only one I never had a chance to audition is the Servo Statik 1.
You should find HA-S500 a real treat - believe me, you will never regret spending those $ 79.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 28 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 41 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Summer Kick-Off Meet: Saturday - May 20th,... 1 minute ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 with logitech z333 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Dont Forget This Giant Killer in all the ''Hidden... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear