nice man... so, impressions? other headphones you got to compare them?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 135post #2011 of 825110/5/12 at 9:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2012 of 825110/5/12 at 9:51amQuote:
at the moment not sure what to say, I listened for a while, but I have noticed the clarity of sound, and the crispy highs. The bass seems slightly muddy although precise and deep.
now is the time of a long period of burnin, see ya later guys ;)post #2013 of 825110/5/12 at 10:38ampost #2014 of 825110/5/12 at 10:43amQuote:
Time to rockbox that bad boi. Oh congrats you'll officially part of the 100+ headfier club. heeee
Edited by sfwalcer - 10/5/12 at 11:05ampost #2015 of 825110/5/12 at 12:01pmQuote:
What benefits does using Rockbox have?post #2016 of 825110/5/12 at 12:09pm
You get a lot more EQ settings, can tinker with other settings and some say the sound even improves with rockboxing, basically more customizable . For rockboxed ipod classics you can put lots of games, etc on it. Just makes the software more versatile and fun that's all.post #2017 of 825110/5/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
You get a lot more EQ settings, can tinker with other settings and some say the sound even improves with rockboxing, basically more customizable . For rockboxed ipod classics you can put lots of games, etc on it. Just makes the software more versatile and fun that's all.
Yep. You get parametric EQ and a setting to have the music crossfade over into the next song.post #2018 of 825110/5/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
Doesn't the Clip already have that feature?post #2019 of 825110/5/12 at 1:01pmQuote:
Wasn't that the *ahem* "alternative lifestyle" place in the Police Academy movie?post #2020 of 825110/5/12 at 1:10pm
I might be wrong because I rockboxed mine right away, but I think the stock Clip+ just has a regular 5 band EQ. The Clip+ PEQ is fully adjustable.post #2021 of 825110/5/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
I have the Clip Zippost #2022 of 825110/5/12 at 2:03pmpost #2023 of 825110/5/12 at 2:16pmpost #2024 of 825110/5/12 at 2:20pm
Unless i totally missed they just gave you every feature except the most important (to me).... The ability to play flac and alac. All my music is alac so stuck with ipod till i decided to try rockbox. Comes in soon.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 19 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 21 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lyr 2 as a pre-amp for HE-400's and Genelecs? 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 7 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 7 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 8 minutes ago
- › The Chord Hugo TT is announced. 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3