Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 130post #1936 of 825110/3/12 at 7:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 825110/3/12 at 7:26ampost #1938 of 825110/3/12 at 7:46ampost #1939 of 825110/3/12 at 8:06ampost #1940 of 825110/3/12 at 8:07amQuote:
who has them other than us two pal?
are yours gunmetal or black? I can't tell. Mine are blackpost #1941 of 825110/3/12 at 8:12am
This appears to be one of the few cases that something is actually cheaper in the UK! Even the non-blue ones are >$20 here, and the blue are hard to find except on Ebay with the headband cushioning for $37.post #1942 of 825110/3/12 at 8:31amQuote:
I found them quite expensive from shops, but going directly to sennheiser was nice and cheappost #1943 of 825110/3/12 at 8:58ampost #1944 of 825110/3/12 at 9:36amThread Starter
Aurvana's are good headphones especially when bought for the sale price of $60 or so. But in all honesty the drivers in the HA-S500 are superior..I only wish the Ha-S500 had bigger cups like the Aurvana lives but the most important part of the headphones win here which is the sound.
Over all detail is better over the Aurvana lives. Especially in the bass end. Aurvana lives bass end can sound somewhat flabby if not grainy on low bass tracks. Not so on the HA-S500. Overall I would say the sound is tighter, cleaner. I think where the Aurvanas win is the housing design as they are over ears. But a simple pad change fixes the on ear issues. I do hope JVC brings these great headphones to the Western world.post #1945 of 825110/3/12 at 9:38amThread StarterQuote:
Nano-Clip party soon to bee announced.. Get your clips going on fellas this is going to be a fun little even in this thread.post #1946 of 825110/3/12 at 9:55amQuote:True, they cost £33 on ebay, but I am tempted by the purple HD25 velour padhttp://www.ebay.it/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-SP-Violet-Purple-Velour-Replacement-Ear-Pads-By-Zomo-/290705518727?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item43af663087#ht_2445wt_1144post #1947 of 825110/3/12 at 10:22ampost #1948 of 825110/3/12 at 10:48ampost #1949 of 825110/3/12 at 11:00am
i am posting the ATH M50 Frecuency Graph just for reference and opinions. seems its exactly how they sounded to me, less bass.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/3/12 at 11:02ampost #1950 of 825110/3/12 at 11:02amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What is resolution and how is it measured? 17 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 5 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Edition 8 minutes ago
- › PSB Speakers M4U 4 --- Hybrid BA/Dynamic IEM 9 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 10 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3