Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/8/15 at 2:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 130post #1936 of 825810/3/12 at 7:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1937 of 825810/3/12 at 7:26ampost #1938 of 825810/3/12 at 7:46ampost #1939 of 825810/3/12 at 8:06ampost #1940 of 825810/3/12 at 8:07amQuote:
who has them other than us two pal?
are yours gunmetal or black? I can't tell. Mine are blackpost #1941 of 825810/3/12 at 8:12am
This appears to be one of the few cases that something is actually cheaper in the UK! Even the non-blue ones are >$20 here, and the blue are hard to find except on Ebay with the headband cushioning for $37.post #1942 of 825810/3/12 at 8:31amQuote:
I found them quite expensive from shops, but going directly to sennheiser was nice and cheappost #1943 of 825810/3/12 at 8:58ampost #1944 of 825810/3/12 at 9:36amThread Starter
Aurvana's are good headphones especially when bought for the sale price of $60 or so. But in all honesty the drivers in the HA-S500 are superior..I only wish the Ha-S500 had bigger cups like the Aurvana lives but the most important part of the headphones win here which is the sound.
Over all detail is better over the Aurvana lives. Especially in the bass end. Aurvana lives bass end can sound somewhat flabby if not grainy on low bass tracks. Not so on the HA-S500. Overall I would say the sound is tighter, cleaner. I think where the Aurvanas win is the housing design as they are over ears. But a simple pad change fixes the on ear issues. I do hope JVC brings these great headphones to the Western world.post #1945 of 825810/3/12 at 9:38amThread StarterQuote:
Nano-Clip party soon to bee announced.. Get your clips going on fellas this is going to be a fun little even in this thread.post #1946 of 825810/3/12 at 9:55amQuote:True, they cost £33 on ebay, but I am tempted by the purple HD25 velour padhttp://www.ebay.it/itm/Sennheiser-HD25-HD-25-SP-Violet-Purple-Velour-Replacement-Ear-Pads-By-Zomo-/290705518727?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item43af663087#ht_2445wt_1144post #1947 of 825810/3/12 at 10:22ampost #1948 of 825810/3/12 at 10:48ampost #1949 of 825810/3/12 at 11:00am
i am posting the ATH M50 Frecuency Graph just for reference and opinions. seems its exactly how they sounded to me, less bass.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/3/12 at 11:02ampost #1950 of 825810/3/12 at 11:02amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Which one of these do you recommend ? 48 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 minutes ago
- › Which one of these do you recommend ? 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 9 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2