Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
The JVC HA-S500 thread. - Page 128post #1906 of 825110/1/12 at 11:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1907 of 825110/2/12 at 12:37amSee people should listen to me more often....
BUY YOUR S500 FROM "MADE IN JAPAN ONLINE STOREFRONT" AMAZON STORE!!!
They ship EXPRESS and you get tracking every step of the way. Then there is no mystery on where your stuff is . Took 3 days to get to Los Angeles from Japan (another 4 days in LAX slowass customs)post #1908 of 825110/2/12 at 2:01ampost #1909 of 825110/2/12 at 4:28am
Mine have finally arrived \o/ \o/ will try them for a few minutes at lunch :) :)
offtopic can anyone ID this headphone amp and if it's any good or should i be looking to get a new amp? I bought it a few years ago and can't find the specs :(
it's an OPA2227 chip in there
Edited by rG-tom - 10/2/12 at 4:29ampost #1910 of 825110/2/12 at 9:13ampost #1911 of 825110/2/12 at 9:18ampost #1912 of 825110/2/12 at 12:32pmQuote:Somehow I cant believe too much hype because liquid crystal polymer still means is plastic to me. I guess time will tell.
Does eveyone have the consensus that s500+ ath pleathers = Or > s400… or is it the other way around?post #1913 of 825110/2/12 at 12:45pmThread Starter
Don't know I am still waiting for my HA-S400. Can't wait to try them out. I have a feeling some of the pads I was using with HA-S500 will sound even better on the HA-S400.
The reason why I am excited about Sony's newest. Sony as of late has been pushed around. Sony as a name brand doesn't necessarily excite now a days but I have a feeling that is about to change. We are talking about one of the premiere power house Japanese manufacturers. These guys take pride in what they do and audio is a big part of what Sony does. Sony can't sit around with the amount of resources they have not to produce exciting stuff. I know no one has heard these headphones well minus Jude and I can say I am a Sony fan boy and it saddened me when they somewhat botched the whole XBA line. It will take a few trys but I believe in Sony. They need to hit one out of the park and if their new headphones don't do it then I have no idea when they will. I do expect these headphones to be worth the cash and then some. We will see. Too many new greatness around the corner.post #1914 of 825110/2/12 at 5:30pmpost #1915 of 825110/2/12 at 6:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by brrgrr
Nice job "JupiterKnight" for getting the JVC HA-S500 measured by Tyll. Objectively better than them Bose AE's, unsurprisingly.
Phewwww... At least better than those bose, glad to knowpost #1916 of 825110/2/12 at 6:29pmpost #1917 of 825110/2/12 at 6:32pm
I thought they were pretty good. I'm looking forward to the 400.
I mentioned in my email to them that I thought 500 was good and they should bring it in to the US.
We'll see.post #1918 of 825110/2/12 at 6:35pmQuote:
Thanks Tyll for the graph. does the pad affects the graphs? because most of us are not using stock pads no more. the bass is to much for must of us with stock pads.
Edited by rickdohc - 10/2/12 at 6:36pmpost #1919 of 825110/2/12 at 6:38pmpost #1920 of 825110/2/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
Frequency response looks pretty good and matches up fairly well how I heard them. Bass level is high and the mids behaves decently and also a nice treble response between 5-10K. I wonder about the little dip around 500 Hz could that be related to the pads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 4 seconds ago
- › Fostex HP-V8 Pure Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier Announced! 27 seconds ago
- › Vsonic VSD2S 35 seconds ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 49 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY earphones 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones For Me At Around £250? 3 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G 4 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3