Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 1/23/15 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 547post #8191 of 81961/25/15 at 8:26am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8192 of 81961/25/15 at 9:01amQuote:
Well...more like it is an old thing, 2 years now? And this hobby, you know? Newer is better, you would think, you would buy, try, and sometime pick up your older pair like S500.... And it still blows your mind, but why keep writing about it? That doesn't mean it is bad. Just people already talked enough, raved enough about it.post #8193 of 81961/26/15 at 8:27ampost #8194 of 81961/26/15 at 9:20amQuote:
There are always better headphones out there if you're willing to pay more.
The S500 is a budget headphone with awesome characteristics and should be taken as such.post #8195 of 81961/26/15 at 6:52pmQuote:
See, that's the thing. I've always taken it as a budget headphone that sounds good. But people still are keep saying it again and again. This isn't a religion, you don't have to chant that every day. It makes the phrase look like it's just an excuse for the cans. They're great cans, but stop telling people to "be easy on the cans, they're cheap". Everyone knows they're cheap, but you people make it look like the cans are supposed to be in a special ed school wearing a helmet and eating glue.post #8196 of 81961/26/15 at 8:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by penmarker
See, that's the thing. I've always taken it as a budget headphone that sounds good. But people still are keep saying it again and again. This isn't a religion, you don't have to chant that every day. It makes the phrase look like it's just an excuse for the cans. They're great cans, but stop telling people to "be easy on the cans, they're cheap". Everyone knows they're cheap, but you people make it look like the cans are supposed to be in a special ed school wearing a helmet and eating glue.
I don't care about who think it is cheap, and others will be better. Certainly and or eventually there will always be something greater, because that is a thing of nature. That is fine, but on what scale are we looking at ? This thing beats many things which cost 3-4x times the price in retails stores such as target, Walmart, bestbuy, example of those Bose...except noise canceling feature....beats by Dre is total horse piss....what else ?
Yes, in the audiophile world, this can deserve to be respected for the price it cost, and certainly there will always be a better one. But I can careless...why ? It is always a jackpot to purchase something that performs 3-4x the price, rather than buying something that can perform the exact price it is worth, or even worse if the thing perform like 1/10 of it price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Fazor For Sale - Leather Bamboo Edition w Travel Case... 3 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 5 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › "Crunching"/"Crackling" in .flac files. 8 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3