will this fit with HA-s500? the stock pads already wore out. Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 12/19/14 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 544post #8146 of 814812/19/14 at 10:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8147 of 814812/20/14 at 4:06amClicky (Click to show)
Quote:Originally Posted by esmBOS
As stated before, get a pair of ATH WS55 pads. They are slightly larger (oval) than stock (more comfortable) but fit perfectly, really soft, cheap, isolate well and semi-easy to get a hold of. I've tried a bunch of different pads (including ESW9a lambskins, which cost more than the headphones themselves!), and the WS55's take the cake hands down!
I got them by contacting my local (Swedish) Audio Technica support.
Quote:Originally Posted by Whaleshark12
Have this headphone for quite sometime,and i find myself keep buying earpad..currently i have 3 pair. 1 stock,1 pleather from ath esw9 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/DSC_0601.jpg (can anyone verify is it a original pleather pad?) and a cheap velour pad from china https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/Messenger_5824854437831717826_13887535186315485.jpg It looks like its going to tear anytime https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40342940/Messenger_5824854437831717826_13887535307945282.jpg
i was wondering other than HD25,es7,esw9 pad. Which alternate headphone pad is there more? Is HD25 velour pad as soft as the sennheiser on ear momentum earpad?Quote:Originally Posted by BenF
WS55 pads are more comfortable, but still are too small and press to much on the ears.
HM5 pads give perfect comfort, but affect sound too much.
Anyway, why spend 30$ on just pads, when you can have HA-S680 for 81$? S680 has much bigger and much more comfortable pads:
They are still on ears for most people, but are very comfortable - more comfortable than the 52$ ESW9 pads.
I wish I didn't spend that much money on the pads...Quote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
I was able to make the HM-5 pads work to turn these into around ear. I tried multiple ways and could not find an o-ring that would work so I got some synthetic climbing rope that's about 3/8" in diameter, cut to length to fit insifpde the HM5 pads so it went all the way around, then put double stick 3M foam tape (pretty thick) on the stock pads all the way around. Then pushed the HM5 pads on the headphone over the stock pad and made sure the tape stuck to the rope. It worked actually pretty well! Makes what to me was an unusable phone very comfy, isolating pretty good and thumps. I have no idea if it changes the bass since I never listen to them stock. But with these pads they sound great. The more I listen to these $50 headphones the more I think they are very underpriced.
Yes the ESW9 pads will work, these are among the people tried it.post #8148 of 814812/20/14 at 5:04amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 42 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 50 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5D Amp / Dac - PRICE DROP 54 seconds ago
- › New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Acoustic baffle paper, where to buy ? 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)