Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 536

post #8026 of 8117
awesome, thanks!
post #8027 of 8117

Do the headphones look right in this site? http://www.vandenborre.be/hoofdtelefoon-oortjes/jvc-ha-s500-white

 

These have caught my interest, are there any cons about them I should know?

post #8028 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post
 

Do the headphones look right in this site? http://www.vandenborre.be/hoofdtelefoon-oortjes/jvc-ha-s500-white

 

These have caught my interest, are there any cons about them I should know?


^ Those are probably not the same as these HA-S500s. The ones mentioned here have carbon nanotube in their drivers and their design/ look is different compared to the one you linked.

 

They probably don't sound the same, cuz the HA-S500s mentioned on this thread is a Japan/ some limited Asian countries release only so....

post #8029 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakanao View Post
 

Do the headphones look right in this site? http://www.vandenborre.be/hoofdtelefoon-oortjes/jvc-ha-s500-white

 

These have caught my interest, are there any cons about them I should know?

These are the sr500, not S500

post #8030 of 8117

Hi, I bought these headphones and sound is ok for 50$, but after some time my ears start to hurt. I want to buy new pads ( about 10$, ebay ), but I have no idea where should I search for model. I don't know if there is some pad size so I can search all pads with that size or I should search the pads just for jvc ha s500. I saw that everyone is sugesting hm5 pads but i have no idea what they are and why aren't they on ebay ( just 1 pair ). Please help, my ears hurts, haha !

post #8031 of 8117
You get the HM5 earpads from mp4nation.

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

You will also need O Rings and some stuffing as the HM5 pads are too big.

Just search this thread for HM5 pads.
post #8032 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zblaz View Post
 

Hi, I bought these headphones and sound is ok for 50$, but after some time my ears start to hurt. I want to buy new pads ( about 10$, ebay ), but I have no idea where should I search for model. I don't know if there is some pad size so I can search all pads with that size or I should search the pads just for jvc ha s500. I saw that everyone is sugesting hm5 pads but i have no idea what they are and why aren't they on ebay ( just 1 pair ). Please help, my ears hurts, haha !

I would personally recommend the WS55 pleather pads. Very comfortable, will fit without any hassle, cheap and don't alter the sound too much! Contact your local Audio Technica support to get a hold of a pair!

post #8033 of 8117
I just wanna say how great these cans are for portable use, sounds great and I take them to school everyday, just stick them at the bottom of a mesh backpack with textbooks and all, toss it around for about a year or so at least and they still work wonderfully. ^.^ nothing's broke or messed up or anything, I still highly recommend these after owning them for either 1 1/2 or 2 1/2+ years. smily_headphones1.gif
post #8034 of 8117

I think I may be cute's S500 pair's last owner. This is definitely a keeper. I am very impressed with the sound. I can finally have good sound as I work. 

Something feels off though and I think its the fit. It's near impossible for me to go through hundreds of pages but if anyone has found a solution to fit comfortable over-ear pads on these, will someone give me the page/post number? Looking stupid or ridiculous or bulky is fine, benefit of working nights is no one sees you or cares. 

post #8035 of 8117

x-post from s400 thread:

 

Which is the most comfortable for these: ATH pleathers, WS55s, or AKG K518 pads? I don't think I want to go the HM5 route yet; I still want to be able to go outside with them.

post #8036 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by glxy View Post
 

x-post from s400 thread:

 

Which is the most comfortable for these: ATH pleathers, WS55s, or AKG K518 pads? I don't think I want to go the HM5 route yet; I still want to be able to go outside with them.

I've tried both, and for me, ws55 hands down!

post #8037 of 8117

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Anyone know the cheapest place to buy them in the US?

post #8038 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by glxy View Post
 

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Anyone know the cheapest place to buy them in the US?

Contact Audio Technica support. I've used the support here in Sweden a couple of times and it has worked out great.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/site/9de91ac2563eaf16/index.html

post #8039 of 8117

Was wondering,why most of you guys like to use sansa clip as media player to drive good headphones? Smartphone can do just as well right? 

post #8040 of 8117

Most people like a dedicated audio player. Using phones might drain the battery.

There are people who use their phones too, you just don't see them much.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.