Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 530

post #7936 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakram View Post

Hey guys, I had this for almost a year now. Still going strong except for 1 thing. The fitting, its starting to get loose compared to when 1st time i used it. Any idea how to get it tight again. TQ 
Tape them to your head. biggrin.gif

Ive had the same issue. Clamping pressure is WAY less than when i got them.
post #7937 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakram View Post
 

 

thought so :(

 

btw any recommendation if i'm looking for an upgrade for this,

thanks

 

The new JVC HA-S680 are an upgrade to the S400/S500.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/690493/the-jvc-ha-s680-s400s-and-s500s-big-brother-is-here

post #7938 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonfuzed View Post


Tape them to your head. biggrin.gif

Ive had the same issue. Clamping pressure is WAY less than when i got them.

 

lol

 

on a serious note how do you deals with the problem? im using this everyday to work and its annoying when have to adjust the position everytime i move my head :frown:

post #7939 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakram View Post
 

 

lol

 

on a serious note how do you deals with the problem? im using this everyday to work and its annoying when have to adjust the position everytime i move my head :frown:

well you can sell your current pair and get another one, or maybe you could adjust it to a smaller size (by the hinges)? Thats what i usually do when running to prevent them from falling. 

post #7940 of 8034

Are these Headphones pretty comfortable for long periods of time? Like sitting in front of a computer for a while. =D On another note, how well do they sound? Are they pretty neutral but fun sounding? Bass is one thing I'm worried about. I would like to keep my head attached to my shoulders. Plus, being fatigued, etc.

post #7941 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

Are these Headphones pretty comfortable for long periods of time? Like sitting in front of a computer for a while. =D On another note, how well do they sound? Are they pretty neutral but fun sounding? Bass is one thing I'm worried about. I would like to keep my head attached to my shoulders. Plus, being fatigued, etc.


The pads are very small, causing a lot of discomfort over long periods of time.

You can put the Brainwavz HM5 pads on top of the default ones - turning it into a circumaural headphone.

post #7942 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


The pads are very small, causing a lot of discomfort over long periods of time.

You can put the Brainwavz HM5 pads on top of the default ones - turning it into a circumaural headphone.

I would have to do that, pretty sensitive. =P Those are at Mp4nation, right? Wonder if it would be hard to put the HM5 pads on it.

post #7943 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

I would have to do that, pretty sensitive. =P Those are at Mp4nation, right? Wonder if it would be hard to put the HM5 pads on it.


17$:

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

 

Very easy to put on, but you have to stuff them with paper towels to prevent them from falling off.

post #7944 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


17$:

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-hm5-spare-earpad-1pc

 

Very easy to put on, but you have to stuff them with paper towels to prevent them from falling off.

Good to know, I appreciate it. Quick question, why not cotton, like from cotton balls and the sort? Wouldn't that make it softer or would be more of 'squish and stay that way' thing?

post #7945 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenixHD View Post
 

Good to know, I appreciate it. Quick question, why not cotton, like from cotton balls and the sort? Wouldn't that make it softer or would be more of 'squish and stay that way' thing?


You can try different materials and see how they affect the sound and comfort, paper towels worked fine for me.

post #7946 of 8034

will the HA-S500 fit in this carrying case?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251283473729?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

 


Edited by avilavi - 1/19/14 at 10:27pm
post #7947 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by avilavi View Post
 

will the HA-S500 fit in this carrying case?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251283473729?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

 

Fairly easily I think.

post #7948 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

Fairly easily I think.

i haven't received mine yet.. so i can't measure them


can someone tell for sure?

post #7949 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by avilavi View Post
 

i haven't received mine yet.. so i can't measure them


can someone tell for sure?

 

I can when I get home from work later.

post #7950 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

I can when I get home from work later.

looking forward :beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.