Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 529

post #7921 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSun View Post
 


So basically if I understood correctly, even though Amazon (or some other sites) does not ship to Serbia, Tenso works like a "middle man" and makes shipping possible to my country?

This seller will ship to Serbia...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-Kenwood-HA-S500-JVC-Stereo-Headphones-Brand-New-Genuine-Shipment-from-Japan-/161183257086

 

This is the seller I bought mine from, he will ship to Serbia as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-HA-S500-B-Black-Carbon-Nanotube-Stereo-Headphones-/360829474176

:beerchug: 


Edited by TrollDragon - 1/8/14 at 1:28pm
post #7922 of 8148
I found a good use for my S500's.

I am listening to some old Punk/Surf Rock. Agent Orange's Living in Darkness, Los Saicos, etc. The highs will drill a hole in my head when on mp3.

I use the JVC as a filter, it peels off the burn and adds the bass that is certainly not there on the tape.
Edited by marone - 1/13/14 at 7:20pm
post #7923 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

This seller will ship to Serbia...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-Kenwood-HA-S500-JVC-Stereo-Headphones-Brand-New-Genuine-Shipment-from-Japan-/161183257086

 

This is the seller I bought mine from, he will ship to Serbia as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-HA-S500-B-Black-Carbon-Nanotube-Stereo-Headphones-/360829474176

:beerchug: 

Thanks mate! That would cost me about $50 if something doesnt go wrong with customs, is it still worth it or I should try to find something locally? There isnt a big choice though..

post #7924 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

This seller will ship to Serbia...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-Kenwood-HA-S500-JVC-Stereo-Headphones-Brand-New-Genuine-Shipment-from-Japan-/161183257086

 

This is the seller I bought mine from, he will ship to Serbia as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victor-JVC-HA-S500-B-Black-Carbon-Nanotube-Stereo-Headphones-/360829474176

:beerchug: 

Thanks mate! It would cost me about $50 with shipping if something doesn't go wrong with the customs. Is it still worth it or I should try to find something locally? There isn't much to choose from though..

post #7925 of 8148
Also these are great movie cans!
post #7926 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSun View Post

Thanks mate! It would cost me about $50 with shipping if something doesn't go wrong with the customs. Is it still worth it or I should try to find something locally? There isn't much to choose from though..
You are most welcome!
I paid $56 landed at my door here in Canada if I remember right.

I can't really say if it is worth it to you or not, for me they are a great portable headphone that I mostly enjoy for EDM. There are many, many others in this thread that just enjoy the S500's on a daily basis as well. So it's really up to you if you think they would suit you, if not they would be very easy to sell.

I too live in a city where the only place to get headphones is either at "That Beetz Store" (Futureshop / BestBuy) or at a really overpriced "Audio Boutique" so there isn't much of a choice for me either except online, unauditioned ordering... Because of some great thread members here, I ordered the S500z's and was NOT dissapointed.

Recently there have been people in the thread who don't like the S500's and that is fine by me as they are not for everyone. You will find that with every single headphone made so that makes it difficult if you have $X as a budget and want the best for your money.

Good luck on your choice!
beerchug.gif
post #7927 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Also these are great movie cans!

 

+1, I have used them a lot watching movies on my tablets.:L3000:

post #7928 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

+1, I have used them a lot watching movies on my tablets.:L3000:


+2 Also for gaming. Everything is so close in my head I can feel where characters are in the 3D virtual space. Also, GUNS SOUND GREAT

post #7929 of 8148

Hi guys im new here. Have been reading a lot here and it is helping me find new headphones. 

 

At the moment my Koss Porta Pro's are in for repair. Cable had been worn out

 

Where can I order these HA-S500 in London???

 

Any advice would be appreciated!

post #7930 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediation View Post

Hi guys im new here. Have been reading a lot here and it is helping me find new headphones. 

At the moment my Koss Porta Pro's are in for repair. Cable had been worn out

Where can I order these HA-S500 in London???

Any advice would be appreciated!
They only come from Japan, not available retail. You can use Amazon or eBay but either way they are still shipped from Japan. smily_headphones1.gif
post #7931 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

They only come from Japan, not available retail. You can use Amazon or eBay but either way they are still shipped from Japan. smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah i saw that, has anyone from the uk purchased these from an Amazon supplier, any dramas? Recommendations?

Also am i going to be blown away by these when comparing to koss portapros??
post #7932 of 8148
I have the PortaPros which I use on a daily basis as well because they are open. You will find the HA-S500 is quite a step up from them.

Check back a page or two where the same question was asked.
beerchug.gif
post #7933 of 8148

Hey guys, I had this for almost a year now. Still going strong except for 1 thing. The fitting, its starting to get loose compared to when 1st time i used it. Any idea how to get it tight again. TQ 

post #7934 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakram View Post
 

Hey guys, I had this for almost a year now. Still going strong except for 1 thing. The fitting, its starting to get loose compared to when 1st time i used it. Any idea how to get it tight again. TQ 


I do notice the joints is getting white from stretching if you look from the bottom. I don't think you can do anything about plastic fatigue.

post #7935 of 8148
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post
 


I do notice the joints is getting white from stretching if you look from the bottom. I don't think you can do anything about plastic fatigue.

 

thought so :(

 

btw any recommendation if i'm looking for an upgrade for this,

thanks


Edited by pakram - 1/15/14 at 3:18pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.