Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 513post #7681 of 821311/13/13 at 2:38pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7682 of 821311/13/13 at 5:18pmpost #7683 of 821311/14/13 at 5:28ampost #7684 of 821311/14/13 at 5:35ampost #7685 of 821311/14/13 at 9:08ampost #7686 of 821311/14/13 at 9:22ampost #7687 of 821311/14/13 at 9:25amQuote:
S600 is a step down from S500...S500 is a tremendous bargain for how good it is. Never heard the S400.post #7688 of 821311/14/13 at 5:20pmQuote:
S600 is garbage
S500 is for bassheads (U-shaped frequency response)
S400 is for audiophiles (balanced )post #7689 of 821311/15/13 at 7:35amQuote:
I wouldn't necessarily say the S500s are for bassheads. But I will agree that the S500s have a U shaped signature while the S400s are more flat.post #7690 of 821311/15/13 at 7:36amQuote:
I've never heard the S600s, but everyone that has gotten them says they're terrible. IMHO, the S400s are decent, and the S500s are amazing.post #7691 of 821311/15/13 at 7:46ampost #7692 of 821311/15/13 at 8:27amQuote:
I believe the JVC HA-S600 do not use the same diaphragm, as the S500s & S400s.post #7693 of 821311/15/13 at 8:46amQuote:
You are correct.....no carbon nanotubes there. That said, the S600 are not "garbage" like some are saying....with a little EQ tweaking they are a nice sounding headphone. Also, they are fully around-ear, unless you have gigantic ears....build quality is a bit less than S400/S500 though....sometimes the hinges make a little noise when your head moves around while wearing them.post #7694 of 821311/15/13 at 1:50pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Iphone 5s plus Fiio e11K or 1 minute ago
- › Review: RIVA TURBO X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth... 1 minute ago
- › Questions and recommendations about DAC/Amp for HD800 (again!) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2