Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 509post #7621 of 820910/27/13 at 4:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7622 of 820910/27/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
There ya' go Arin. Wrote this up on the ATH ES700 Thread.Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645649/the-new-ath-es700/630#post_9604495
^ OK, the diff between the S500 v. S400 v. ES700 v. WS99s to me.
JVC S500: They have a linear sound that is tilted toward a V type of sound but to me they are pretty balanced. None of the sonic spectrum sounds recessed but they no doubt have more emphasis on the lows and the highs rather than the mids. The bass is relatively fast, tight and goes pretty deep with a medium-large soundstage. A great set of cans that does most genres justice esp. most contemporary types of music like pop, EDM, and rap/ hip-hop, etc. A stupid good bargain for the price with this type of performance.
JVC S400: These are mid-centric cans no doubt about it. Their lows and highs are adequate but is nothing to write home about. Others have reported with lots of burn-in the highs will really open up, but for me they are still lacking the extension i get from the S500s. The star of the show on these is their lovely mids, which almost make the S500s feel almost a bit lacking. Due to the mid focused nature of the S400s, they are an easier/ relaxing listen and many have described as more "musical" when compared to the S500s. Overall i would say the S500s is the more "balanced" headphone out of the two.post #7623 of 820910/27/13 at 5:27pmpost #7624 of 820910/27/13 at 5:29pm
Thanks guys, so now the question I have to ask myself is: Midcentric or detailed v-shape...Hmmm... I know I'll go for the s400's as I don't have any (working) mid-centric cans at the moment, plus they are cheaper so easier on me walletpost #7625 of 820910/27/13 at 5:38pmpost #7626 of 820910/27/13 at 5:39pmpost #7627 of 820910/27/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
No on-ear headphones are comfy, but with ATH or AKG pads these are OK for a couple of hours. You can use a chair headrest or some books to flex the headband a little to reduce the pressure.post #7628 of 820910/27/13 at 6:07pmI think the akg pads would most likely work best. My son has my a kg k518 LE on ears. The pads were really good,...they'd be great on the S500. The sq of the S500 is better than the k518 LE BTW (just an FYI).
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Limited-Edition-Folding-Headphones/dp/B002F9MFTI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382922407&sr=8-3&keywords=akg+k518+djpost #7629 of 820910/27/13 at 6:59pmpost #7630 of 820910/27/13 at 7:10pm
Welp for me the S500s is like owning a new set of flat screen TV and watching a HD channel for the 1st time, while the S400s is akin to getting a nice big screen computer monitor cuz it's sweet and intimate. :)post #7631 of 820910/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #7632 of 820910/27/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find the S500s to be more intimate. At least in the sense that I can "feel" the music a lot more including the emotion. I found the S400s to be pretty disappointing when compared directly with the S500s.post #7633 of 820910/28/13 at 5:15ampost #7634 of 820910/28/13 at 5:52amQuote:
Dem shiny ear cupsReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Nice Competition: Alclair, Native DSD, Music Direct & iFi Audio... 8 minutes ago
- › Best amp to use with PS4 with Sennheiser G4me One? 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 333 IEMs compared (UBSOUND Fighter added... 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 13 minutes ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 13 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DAC Amp HA200 14 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3