Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/17/14 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 509post #7621 of 810610/27/13 at 4:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7622 of 810610/27/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
There ya' go Arin. Wrote this up on the ATH ES700 Thread.Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645649/the-new-ath-es700/630#post_9604495
^ OK, the diff between the S500 v. S400 v. ES700 v. WS99s to me.
JVC S500: They have a linear sound that is tilted toward a V type of sound but to me they are pretty balanced. None of the sonic spectrum sounds recessed but they no doubt have more emphasis on the lows and the highs rather than the mids. The bass is relatively fast, tight and goes pretty deep with a medium-large soundstage. A great set of cans that does most genres justice esp. most contemporary types of music like pop, EDM, and rap/ hip-hop, etc. A stupid good bargain for the price with this type of performance.
JVC S400: These are mid-centric cans no doubt about it. Their lows and highs are adequate but is nothing to write home about. Others have reported with lots of burn-in the highs will really open up, but for me they are still lacking the extension i get from the S500s. The star of the show on these is their lovely mids, which almost make the S500s feel almost a bit lacking. Due to the mid focused nature of the S400s, they are an easier/ relaxing listen and many have described as more "musical" when compared to the S500s. Overall i would say the S500s is the more "balanced" headphone out of the two.post #7623 of 810610/27/13 at 5:27pmpost #7624 of 810610/27/13 at 5:29pm
Thanks guys, so now the question I have to ask myself is: Midcentric or detailed v-shape...Hmmm... I know I'll go for the s400's as I don't have any (working) mid-centric cans at the moment, plus they are cheaper so easier on me walletpost #7625 of 810610/27/13 at 5:38pmpost #7626 of 810610/27/13 at 5:39pmpost #7627 of 810610/27/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
No on-ear headphones are comfy, but with ATH or AKG pads these are OK for a couple of hours. You can use a chair headrest or some books to flex the headband a little to reduce the pressure.post #7628 of 810610/27/13 at 6:07pmI think the akg pads would most likely work best. My son has my a kg k518 LE on ears. The pads were really good,...they'd be great on the S500. The sq of the S500 is better than the k518 LE BTW (just an FYI).
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Limited-Edition-Folding-Headphones/dp/B002F9MFTI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382922407&sr=8-3&keywords=akg+k518+djpost #7629 of 810610/27/13 at 6:59pmpost #7630 of 810610/27/13 at 7:10pm
Welp for me the S500s is like owning a new set of flat screen TV and watching a HD channel for the 1st time, while the S400s is akin to getting a nice big screen computer monitor cuz it's sweet and intimate. :)post #7631 of 810610/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #7632 of 810610/27/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find the S500s to be more intimate. At least in the sense that I can "feel" the music a lot more including the emotion. I found the S400s to be pretty disappointing when compared directly with the S500s.post #7633 of 810610/28/13 at 5:15ampost #7634 of 810610/28/13 at 5:52amQuote:
Dem shiny ear cupsReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 16 seconds ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 33 seconds ago
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 55 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 2 minutes ago
- › Shaving, gents 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 6 minutes ago
- › XBA-H3 IEM.... over the ear headphone equivalent? 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 9 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)