Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 509post #7621 of 812310/27/13 at 4:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7622 of 812310/27/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
There ya' go Arin. Wrote this up on the ATH ES700 Thread.Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645649/the-new-ath-es700/630#post_9604495
^ OK, the diff between the S500 v. S400 v. ES700 v. WS99s to me.
JVC S500: They have a linear sound that is tilted toward a V type of sound but to me they are pretty balanced. None of the sonic spectrum sounds recessed but they no doubt have more emphasis on the lows and the highs rather than the mids. The bass is relatively fast, tight and goes pretty deep with a medium-large soundstage. A great set of cans that does most genres justice esp. most contemporary types of music like pop, EDM, and rap/ hip-hop, etc. A stupid good bargain for the price with this type of performance.
JVC S400: These are mid-centric cans no doubt about it. Their lows and highs are adequate but is nothing to write home about. Others have reported with lots of burn-in the highs will really open up, but for me they are still lacking the extension i get from the S500s. The star of the show on these is their lovely mids, which almost make the S500s feel almost a bit lacking. Due to the mid focused nature of the S400s, they are an easier/ relaxing listen and many have described as more "musical" when compared to the S500s. Overall i would say the S500s is the more "balanced" headphone out of the two.post #7623 of 812310/27/13 at 5:27pmpost #7624 of 812310/27/13 at 5:29pm
Thanks guys, so now the question I have to ask myself is: Midcentric or detailed v-shape...Hmmm... I know I'll go for the s400's as I don't have any (working) mid-centric cans at the moment, plus they are cheaper so easier on me walletpost #7625 of 812310/27/13 at 5:38pmpost #7626 of 812310/27/13 at 5:39pmpost #7627 of 812310/27/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
No on-ear headphones are comfy, but with ATH or AKG pads these are OK for a couple of hours. You can use a chair headrest or some books to flex the headband a little to reduce the pressure.post #7628 of 812310/27/13 at 6:07pmI think the akg pads would most likely work best. My son has my a kg k518 LE on ears. The pads were really good,...they'd be great on the S500. The sq of the S500 is better than the k518 LE BTW (just an FYI).
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Limited-Edition-Folding-Headphones/dp/B002F9MFTI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382922407&sr=8-3&keywords=akg+k518+djpost #7629 of 812310/27/13 at 6:59pmpost #7630 of 812310/27/13 at 7:10pm
Welp for me the S500s is like owning a new set of flat screen TV and watching a HD channel for the 1st time, while the S400s is akin to getting a nice big screen computer monitor cuz it's sweet and intimate. :)post #7631 of 812310/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #7632 of 812310/27/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find the S500s to be more intimate. At least in the sense that I can "feel" the music a lot more including the emotion. I found the S400s to be pretty disappointing when compared directly with the S500s.post #7633 of 812310/28/13 at 5:15ampost #7634 of 812310/28/13 at 5:52amQuote:
Dem shiny ear cupsReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 1 minute ago
- › The Sennheiser HD-600 appreciation thread..... 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB90EX vs. MDR-EX650 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)