Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 509post #7621 of 809210/27/13 at 4:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7622 of 809210/27/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
There ya' go Arin. Wrote this up on the ATH ES700 Thread.Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645649/the-new-ath-es700/630#post_9604495
^ OK, the diff between the S500 v. S400 v. ES700 v. WS99s to me.
JVC S500: They have a linear sound that is tilted toward a V type of sound but to me they are pretty balanced. None of the sonic spectrum sounds recessed but they no doubt have more emphasis on the lows and the highs rather than the mids. The bass is relatively fast, tight and goes pretty deep with a medium-large soundstage. A great set of cans that does most genres justice esp. most contemporary types of music like pop, EDM, and rap/ hip-hop, etc. A stupid good bargain for the price with this type of performance.
JVC S400: These are mid-centric cans no doubt about it. Their lows and highs are adequate but is nothing to write home about. Others have reported with lots of burn-in the highs will really open up, but for me they are still lacking the extension i get from the S500s. The star of the show on these is their lovely mids, which almost make the S500s feel almost a bit lacking. Due to the mid focused nature of the S400s, they are an easier/ relaxing listen and many have described as more "musical" when compared to the S500s. Overall i would say the S500s is the more "balanced" headphone out of the two.post #7623 of 809210/27/13 at 5:27pmpost #7624 of 809210/27/13 at 5:29pm
Thanks guys, so now the question I have to ask myself is: Midcentric or detailed v-shape...Hmmm... I know I'll go for the s400's as I don't have any (working) mid-centric cans at the moment, plus they are cheaper so easier on me walletpost #7625 of 809210/27/13 at 5:38pmpost #7626 of 809210/27/13 at 5:39pmpost #7627 of 809210/27/13 at 5:46pmQuote:
No on-ear headphones are comfy, but with ATH or AKG pads these are OK for a couple of hours. You can use a chair headrest or some books to flex the headband a little to reduce the pressure.post #7628 of 809210/27/13 at 6:07pmI think the akg pads would most likely work best. My son has my a kg k518 LE on ears. The pads were really good,...they'd be great on the S500. The sq of the S500 is better than the k518 LE BTW (just an FYI).
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Limited-Edition-Folding-Headphones/dp/B002F9MFTI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382922407&sr=8-3&keywords=akg+k518+djpost #7629 of 809210/27/13 at 6:59pmpost #7630 of 809210/27/13 at 7:10pm
Welp for me the S500s is like owning a new set of flat screen TV and watching a HD channel for the 1st time, while the S400s is akin to getting a nice big screen computer monitor cuz it's sweet and intimate. :)post #7631 of 809210/27/13 at 7:41pmpost #7632 of 809210/27/13 at 10:53pmQuote:
Maybe it's just me, but I find the S500s to be more intimate. At least in the sense that I can "feel" the music a lot more including the emotion. I found the S400s to be pretty disappointing when compared directly with the S500s.post #7633 of 809210/28/13 at 5:15ampost #7634 of 809210/28/13 at 5:52amQuote:
Dem shiny ear cupsReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 9 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › IEM Suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Binaural Sound Demonstration 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for the most balanced detailed Sony IEM's. 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)