How do the S500s compare to the PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S in terms of comfort and sound quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7577 of 822210/22/13 at 6:32pmpost #7578 of 822210/22/13 at 9:03pmpost #7579 of 822210/22/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
He's saying the JVCs have better sound and the Panasonics are more comfortable.post #7580 of 822210/23/13 at 4:44ampost #7581 of 822210/23/13 at 8:16amQuote:
Thanks guys. But are the S500s unbearably uncomfortable? I've used the SONY ZX300s and those were pretty uncomfortable for me.post #7582 of 822210/23/13 at 8:36ampost #7583 of 822210/23/13 at 8:39am
I wouldn't say unbearably at all. Some people have no comfort issues with them. For me, with the bigger pads like the W55 pads, they are comfortable for a couple of hours, but that's about my limit before my ears hurt. I actually have mine up for sale on the forum because of that. I wanted a more all-day solution for use at my desk. But that's not a knock on the S500s... it applies to pretty much every set of on-ear headphones for me. Even the very comfy KEF M500 only lasted me a couple of hours, so I'm going to stick with over-ear phones.post #7584 of 822210/23/13 at 8:41amQuote:
Or you won't, then you will sell them to another who has been sucked into the "Dark Hole" that is the JVC HA-S500 thread!
Muwahhahahahaha!post #7585 of 822210/23/13 at 9:17ampost #7586 of 822210/23/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
They are the most comfortable on-ears I've ever had for sure. You can replace the pads to increase the comfort even more, but I always find myself coming back to the stock pads because of the sound signature. Also, the more you use them the more comfortable they will become. There is definitely a sweet spot when it comes to placing them on your ears though, because when I first got them some night my ears would be aching, and other nights I couldn't even tell they were there.
Edited by 7S Cameron - 10/23/13 at 1:29pmpost #7587 of 822210/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #7588 of 822210/24/13 at 2:25pmpost #7589 of 822210/24/13 at 2:33pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 59 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on dt 880's 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Advice related to AV and speakers and stuffs. 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 6 minutes ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2