How do the S500s compare to the PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S in terms of comfort and sound quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7577 of 800510/22/13 at 6:32pmpost #7578 of 800510/22/13 at 9:03pmpost #7579 of 800510/22/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
He's saying the JVCs have better sound and the Panasonics are more comfortable.post #7580 of 800510/23/13 at 4:44ampost #7581 of 800510/23/13 at 8:16amQuote:
Thanks guys. But are the S500s unbearably uncomfortable? I've used the SONY ZX300s and those were pretty uncomfortable for me.post #7582 of 800510/23/13 at 8:36ampost #7583 of 800510/23/13 at 8:39am
I wouldn't say unbearably at all. Some people have no comfort issues with them. For me, with the bigger pads like the W55 pads, they are comfortable for a couple of hours, but that's about my limit before my ears hurt. I actually have mine up for sale on the forum because of that. I wanted a more all-day solution for use at my desk. But that's not a knock on the S500s... it applies to pretty much every set of on-ear headphones for me. Even the very comfy KEF M500 only lasted me a couple of hours, so I'm going to stick with over-ear phones.post #7584 of 800510/23/13 at 8:41amQuote:
Or you won't, then you will sell them to another who has been sucked into the "Dark Hole" that is the JVC HA-S500 thread!
Muwahhahahahaha!post #7585 of 800510/23/13 at 9:17ampost #7586 of 800510/23/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
They are the most comfortable on-ears I've ever had for sure. You can replace the pads to increase the comfort even more, but I always find myself coming back to the stock pads because of the sound signature. Also, the more you use them the more comfortable they will become. There is definitely a sweet spot when it comes to placing them on your ears though, because when I first got them some night my ears would be aching, and other nights I couldn't even tell they were there.
Edited by 7S Cameron - 10/23/13 at 1:29pmpost #7587 of 800510/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #7588 of 800510/24/13 at 2:25pmpost #7589 of 800510/24/13 at 2:33pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO vs. Superlux HD668B 6 minutes ago
- › High Bit-Rate Streaming Service? 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude