How do the S500s compare to the PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S in terms of comfort and sound quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7577 of 812410/22/13 at 6:32pmpost #7578 of 812410/22/13 at 9:03pmpost #7579 of 812410/22/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
He's saying the JVCs have better sound and the Panasonics are more comfortable.post #7580 of 812410/23/13 at 4:44ampost #7581 of 812410/23/13 at 8:16amQuote:
Thanks guys. But are the S500s unbearably uncomfortable? I've used the SONY ZX300s and those were pretty uncomfortable for me.post #7582 of 812410/23/13 at 8:36ampost #7583 of 812410/23/13 at 8:39am
I wouldn't say unbearably at all. Some people have no comfort issues with them. For me, with the bigger pads like the W55 pads, they are comfortable for a couple of hours, but that's about my limit before my ears hurt. I actually have mine up for sale on the forum because of that. I wanted a more all-day solution for use at my desk. But that's not a knock on the S500s... it applies to pretty much every set of on-ear headphones for me. Even the very comfy KEF M500 only lasted me a couple of hours, so I'm going to stick with over-ear phones.post #7584 of 812410/23/13 at 8:41amQuote:
Or you won't, then you will sell them to another who has been sucked into the "Dark Hole" that is the JVC HA-S500 thread!
Muwahhahahahaha!post #7585 of 812410/23/13 at 9:17ampost #7586 of 812410/23/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
They are the most comfortable on-ears I've ever had for sure. You can replace the pads to increase the comfort even more, but I always find myself coming back to the stock pads because of the sound signature. Also, the more you use them the more comfortable they will become. There is definitely a sweet spot when it comes to placing them on your ears though, because when I first got them some night my ears would be aching, and other nights I couldn't even tell they were there.
Edited by 7S Cameron - 10/23/13 at 1:29pmpost #7587 of 812410/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #7588 of 812410/24/13 at 2:25pmpost #7589 of 812410/24/13 at 2:33pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Psychology or similar forum? 16 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 45 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Audio-gd Master 9 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)