How do the S500s compare to the PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S in terms of comfort and sound quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7577 of 820910/22/13 at 6:32pmpost #7578 of 820910/22/13 at 9:03pmpost #7579 of 820910/22/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
He's saying the JVCs have better sound and the Panasonics are more comfortable.post #7580 of 820910/23/13 at 4:44ampost #7581 of 820910/23/13 at 8:16amQuote:
Thanks guys. But are the S500s unbearably uncomfortable? I've used the SONY ZX300s and those were pretty uncomfortable for me.post #7582 of 820910/23/13 at 8:36ampost #7583 of 820910/23/13 at 8:39am
I wouldn't say unbearably at all. Some people have no comfort issues with them. For me, with the bigger pads like the W55 pads, they are comfortable for a couple of hours, but that's about my limit before my ears hurt. I actually have mine up for sale on the forum because of that. I wanted a more all-day solution for use at my desk. But that's not a knock on the S500s... it applies to pretty much every set of on-ear headphones for me. Even the very comfy KEF M500 only lasted me a couple of hours, so I'm going to stick with over-ear phones.post #7584 of 820910/23/13 at 8:41amQuote:
Or you won't, then you will sell them to another who has been sucked into the "Dark Hole" that is the JVC HA-S500 thread!
Muwahhahahahaha!post #7585 of 820910/23/13 at 9:17ampost #7586 of 820910/23/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
They are the most comfortable on-ears I've ever had for sure. You can replace the pads to increase the comfort even more, but I always find myself coming back to the stock pads because of the sound signature. Also, the more you use them the more comfortable they will become. There is definitely a sweet spot when it comes to placing them on your ears though, because when I first got them some night my ears would be aching, and other nights I couldn't even tell they were there.
Edited by 7S Cameron - 10/23/13 at 1:29pmpost #7587 of 820910/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #7588 of 820910/24/13 at 2:25pmpost #7589 of 820910/24/13 at 2:33pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › KOGAN - MP4 Player (The Last of a Rare Breed - Free Shipping) 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 6 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 II Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3