How do the S500s compare to the PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S in terms of comfort and sound quality?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 8/17/14 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7577 of 810310/22/13 at 6:32pmpost #7578 of 810310/22/13 at 9:03pmpost #7579 of 810310/22/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
He's saying the JVCs have better sound and the Panasonics are more comfortable.post #7580 of 810310/23/13 at 4:44ampost #7581 of 810310/23/13 at 8:16amQuote:
Thanks guys. But are the S500s unbearably uncomfortable? I've used the SONY ZX300s and those were pretty uncomfortable for me.post #7582 of 810310/23/13 at 8:36ampost #7583 of 810310/23/13 at 8:39am
I wouldn't say unbearably at all. Some people have no comfort issues with them. For me, with the bigger pads like the W55 pads, they are comfortable for a couple of hours, but that's about my limit before my ears hurt. I actually have mine up for sale on the forum because of that. I wanted a more all-day solution for use at my desk. But that's not a knock on the S500s... it applies to pretty much every set of on-ear headphones for me. Even the very comfy KEF M500 only lasted me a couple of hours, so I'm going to stick with over-ear phones.post #7584 of 810310/23/13 at 8:41amQuote:
Or you won't, then you will sell them to another who has been sucked into the "Dark Hole" that is the JVC HA-S500 thread!
Muwahhahahahaha!post #7585 of 810310/23/13 at 9:17ampost #7586 of 810310/23/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
They are the most comfortable on-ears I've ever had for sure. You can replace the pads to increase the comfort even more, but I always find myself coming back to the stock pads because of the sound signature. Also, the more you use them the more comfortable they will become. There is definitely a sweet spot when it comes to placing them on your ears though, because when I first got them some night my ears would be aching, and other nights I couldn't even tell they were there.
Edited by 7S Cameron - 10/23/13 at 1:29pmpost #7587 of 810310/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #7588 of 810310/24/13 at 2:25pmpost #7589 of 810310/24/13 at 2:33pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Stax Thread III 32 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Need headphones with powerful bass, max 100 USD 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › [FS] Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm, practically new, <5 hrs of use 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)