Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 502

post #7516 of 8117
I've been using my S500s with the Adidas pads for several months now and loving them. 
 
I wonder if it's time to get another pair and different pads to go with them... 
 
:o
post #7517 of 8117

HM5 pads are very comfy but make these over ear (helps isolation but doesn't look as nice by any means). There is an AT pad (can't remember which one but it's in this thread as well as the S500 thread) that keep them on ear and are supposedly comfy.

post #7518 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post
 

HM5 pads are very comfy but make these over ear (helps isolation but doesn't look as nice by any means). There is an AT pad (can't remember which one but it's in this thread as well as the S500 thread) that keep them on ear and are supposedly comfy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-Ear-pads-earpads-cushion-for-Audio-Technica-ES7-ATH-SJ5-DJ-Style-Headphones-/170954587255?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item27cdaffc77

post #7519 of 8117

Man it's quiet around here. I guess this is a good time to post a couple pictures of my S500.

I had some left overs from customizing my car interior so I did this.

 


Edited by RoMee - 10/16/13 at 4:34am
post #7520 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

Man it's quiet around here. I guess this is a good time to post a couple pictures of my S500.

I had some left overs from customizing my car interior so I did this.

 

 

That looks nice! 

post #7521 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

Man it's quiet around here. I guess this is a good time to post a couple pictures of my S500.

I had some left overs from customizing my car interior so I did this.

 

Those look amazing! What pads are on them?

post #7522 of 8117

Amazing and perfectly executed! Such a clean finishing:eek:

 

If I tried somethig like that I would probably ruin them...


Edited by n0str3ss - 10/16/13 at 8:38am
post #7523 of 8117

I think that i´m going to get a pair, this headphones looks like exactly what I was looking for, and, at 55$ dollars on Ebay, sounds pretty good to me.

Then, I should get a Sansa Clip or something, I don´t like using my cellphone and crappy EQ presets.

post #7524 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

That looks nice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post
 

Amazing and perfectly executed! Such a clean finishig:eek:

 

If I tried somethig like that I would probably ruin them...

 

Thanks!

But I'm not done yet, I'm still waiting on some new cables, and I'm trying to do a detachable cable mod but it doesn't look like it have enough room. I'll have to wait until the panel mount jack get here to know for sure.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuo View Post
 

Those look amazing! What pads are on them?

 

They're the HM3 pads. There's more info on them a few pages back. Here's a link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/7350#post_9766919

post #7525 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

 

Thanks!

But I'm not done yet, I'm still waiting on some new cables, and I'm trying to do a detachable cable mod but it doesn't look like it have enough room. I'll have to wait until the panel mount jack get here to know for sure.

 

 

 

They're the HM3 pads. There's more info on them a few pages back. Here's a link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/7350#post_9766919


Are the HM3 pads over ear like the HM5 pads?

post #7526 of 8117

WOW! That's exactly what I need for my chipping finish! A tutorial would be incredible (I know you've already done it. :P)

 

You go do the Superlux method of detachable cables, as in, run a tiny cord out and have a connector right there. Or do what I eventually intend to do, which is run it out to the Y with something really swanky, so that I can use any 3.5-3.5 I want!

post #7527 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

 

Thanks!

But I'm not done yet, I'm still waiting on some new cables, and I'm trying to do a detachable cable mod but it doesn't look like it have enough room. I'll have to wait until the panel mount jack get here to know for sure.

 

 

They're the HM3 pads. There's more info on them a few pages back. Here's a link.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/7350#post_9766919

$5 for a pair of pads with free shipping! Excellent, sign me up!

 

Excellent Job!

I Love the Carbonfibre, and what is the trim that you used?

Details my man, Details are needed!

 

I'm going to look for a surface mount notebook type headphone jack, as I think that will fit in the S500's cup nicely, then run a wire to the other cup and it will be single sided & detachable!

:beerchug:

post #7528 of 8117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Are the HM3 pads over ear like the HM5 pads?

 

They're over ear for me but for some people the hm3 pads don't go around their ears.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierkes View Post
 

WOW! That's exactly what I need for my chipping finish! A tutorial would be incredible (I know you've already done it. :P)

 

You go do the Superlux method of detachable cables, as in, run a tiny cord out and have a connector right there. Or do what I eventually intend to do, which is run it out to the Y with something really swanky, so that I can use any 3.5-3.5 I want!

 

It's not that hard, all you need is some carbon fiber vinyl and a couple of chrome rings. I got mine from my old Greddy fuel pressure regulator.

Just make sure you don't get a ring that extends too far or else the s500's yoke will hit it when you fold it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

$5 for a pair of pads with free shipping! Excellent, sign me up!

 

Excellent Job!

I Love the Carbonfibre, and what is the trim that you used?

Details my man, Details are needed!

 

I'm going to look for a surface mount notebook type headphone jack, as I think that will fit in the S500's cup nicely, then run a wire to the other cup and it will be single sided & detachable!

:beerchug:

I used this, 

http://www.amazon.com/B0058DIDTY


Edited by RoMee - 10/16/13 at 8:05am
post #7529 of 8117

Detachable cables would be awesome, unless the various connectors end up too bulky and kind of destroy the thin lines design of the headphone.

post #7530 of 8117
HM3 pads are on the way,...THANKS!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.