- 4,540 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 473post #7081 of 77847/29/13 at 7:39pmOMG!!! We going south again?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7082 of 77847/29/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by waynes world
Yeah, sure Sf! ...
Meng why you gonna bust me out like that. Geeez just cuz i didn't let you borrow mine you don't have be so butt hurt about it.
Oh for the record i only use the clear ones for that purpose, i use the black ones for something else................................................................. looks down. DAT DARKNESS!!!
Edited by sfwalcer - 7/29/13 at 7:59pmpost #7083 of 77847/29/13 at 7:56pmpost #7084 of 77847/29/13 at 8:48pmpost #7085 of 77847/29/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
I thinks the ATH WS55 pads should be the best in terms of sound and comfort if you just want to slightly deviate from the S500s stock sound. The big over ears HM5 pads change their sound too much, leans out the bass, so you will have to do other mods to get the bass back.
I would just get the WS55 pads direct from ATH USA for ~$10 shipped. I have them on my ES700s and they are great in terms of comfort and sound, never tried it on my S500s cuz don't want to mess up my godly HM5 modded set. :)
you said that the hm5 change the sound too much but frankly im not much of a basshead i listen mostly to rock and classic how does the hm5 going to effect does geners?post #7086 of 77847/29/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
I like the bass amount the best with the HM5 pads. So if you're not a freak basshead like some people around here Sfwalcer, then you should be fine!post #7087 of 77847/29/13 at 10:29pm
My set should arrive soon....
Could anyway offer some alternatives to the HM5 pads for an over-ear mod? They are hard to find. I was considering getting alpha pads from Mr Speakers (I have T50rps anyway, so they'd see use either way), but he is currently sold out of them as a stand alone item! XDpost #7088 of 77847/29/13 at 10:44pmHas anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7089 of 77847/30/13 at 2:15amQuote:Bassddrivr at a higher volume than you normally listen to will do wonders. I've tried using all the different types of noise (brown, pink, white),and frequency sweeps. Bass drive is the best method there is. Even the mighty Dsnuts can relate.Originally Posted by tomer735
i just got my s500`s and have a few questions
1.whats the best way to burn in the headphones?(volume,genere,etc)
2. im looking for the best comfortable pads, i saw here the hm5 here how do they effect the sound , or you have any other suggestions?
(sorry for the english)
I love the stock pads the most, but if comfort is your priority then the HM5 pads work the best. They cut the mids, open the sound stage a tiny bit, and the micro details are even better.post #7090 of 77847/30/13 at 2:16ampost #7091 of 77847/30/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
HE HE HE That's cuz you haven't tried my SUPER BASS HM5 modded one.
It's too late, I got a pair of xb500's instead.
Lol :Ppost #7092 of 77847/30/13 at 9:01ampost #7093 of 77847/30/13 at 9:06amQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Has anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Interesting. Let us know if you get them and how they work.post #7094 of 77847/30/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
What about taping the bass ports?
Right now I have them playing an electro-house playlist in another room for at least the next 3 days (they just arrived today, like what I heard besides a certain shrillness), after which I will take a peek inside. I just know that with the bass ports taped, it's supposed to help with the bass with HM5 pads.
Also, any luck for anyone finding any HM5 pads recently? >w>post #7095 of 77847/30/13 at 3:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 14 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 21 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 50 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The... 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › The JH16 Pro Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Momentum Case question 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › sound card and external dac 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe