- 4,637 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 473post #7081 of 80967/29/13 at 7:39pmOMG!!! We going south again?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7082 of 80967/29/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by waynes world
Yeah, sure Sf! ...
Meng why you gonna bust me out like that. Geeez just cuz i didn't let you borrow mine you don't have be so butt hurt about it.
Oh for the record i only use the clear ones for that purpose, i use the black ones for something else................................................................. looks down. DAT DARKNESS!!!
Edited by sfwalcer - 7/29/13 at 7:59pmpost #7083 of 80967/29/13 at 7:56pmpost #7084 of 80967/29/13 at 8:48pmpost #7085 of 80967/29/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
I thinks the ATH WS55 pads should be the best in terms of sound and comfort if you just want to slightly deviate from the S500s stock sound. The big over ears HM5 pads change their sound too much, leans out the bass, so you will have to do other mods to get the bass back.
I would just get the WS55 pads direct from ATH USA for ~$10 shipped. I have them on my ES700s and they are great in terms of comfort and sound, never tried it on my S500s cuz don't want to mess up my godly HM5 modded set. :)
you said that the hm5 change the sound too much but frankly im not much of a basshead i listen mostly to rock and classic how does the hm5 going to effect does geners?post #7086 of 80967/29/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
I like the bass amount the best with the HM5 pads. So if you're not a freak basshead like some people around here Sfwalcer, then you should be fine!post #7087 of 80967/29/13 at 10:29pm
My set should arrive soon....
Could anyway offer some alternatives to the HM5 pads for an over-ear mod? They are hard to find. I was considering getting alpha pads from Mr Speakers (I have T50rps anyway, so they'd see use either way), but he is currently sold out of them as a stand alone item! XDpost #7088 of 80967/29/13 at 10:44pmHas anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7089 of 80967/30/13 at 2:15amQuote:Bassddrivr at a higher volume than you normally listen to will do wonders. I've tried using all the different types of noise (brown, pink, white),and frequency sweeps. Bass drive is the best method there is. Even the mighty Dsnuts can relate.Originally Posted by tomer735
i just got my s500`s and have a few questions
1.whats the best way to burn in the headphones?(volume,genere,etc)
2. im looking for the best comfortable pads, i saw here the hm5 here how do they effect the sound , or you have any other suggestions?
(sorry for the english)
I love the stock pads the most, but if comfort is your priority then the HM5 pads work the best. They cut the mids, open the sound stage a tiny bit, and the micro details are even better.post #7090 of 80967/30/13 at 2:16ampost #7091 of 80967/30/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
HE HE HE That's cuz you haven't tried my SUPER BASS HM5 modded one.
It's too late, I got a pair of xb500's instead.
Lol :Ppost #7092 of 80967/30/13 at 9:01ampost #7093 of 80967/30/13 at 9:06amQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Has anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Interesting. Let us know if you get them and how they work.post #7094 of 80967/30/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
What about taping the bass ports?
Right now I have them playing an electro-house playlist in another room for at least the next 3 days (they just arrived today, like what I heard besides a certain shrillness), after which I will take a peek inside. I just know that with the bass ports taped, it's supposed to help with the bass with HM5 pads.
Also, any luck for anyone finding any HM5 pads recently? >w>post #7095 of 80967/30/13 at 3:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 14 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 28 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 30 seconds ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50x White Replacement Pads Advice 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)