- 4,637 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 473post #7081 of 81247/29/13 at 7:39pmOMG!!! We going south again?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7082 of 81247/29/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by waynes world
Yeah, sure Sf! ...
Meng why you gonna bust me out like that. Geeez just cuz i didn't let you borrow mine you don't have be so butt hurt about it.
Oh for the record i only use the clear ones for that purpose, i use the black ones for something else................................................................. looks down. DAT DARKNESS!!!
Edited by sfwalcer - 7/29/13 at 7:59pmpost #7083 of 81247/29/13 at 7:56pmpost #7084 of 81247/29/13 at 8:48pmpost #7085 of 81247/29/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
I thinks the ATH WS55 pads should be the best in terms of sound and comfort if you just want to slightly deviate from the S500s stock sound. The big over ears HM5 pads change their sound too much, leans out the bass, so you will have to do other mods to get the bass back.
I would just get the WS55 pads direct from ATH USA for ~$10 shipped. I have them on my ES700s and they are great in terms of comfort and sound, never tried it on my S500s cuz don't want to mess up my godly HM5 modded set. :)
you said that the hm5 change the sound too much but frankly im not much of a basshead i listen mostly to rock and classic how does the hm5 going to effect does geners?post #7086 of 81247/29/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
I like the bass amount the best with the HM5 pads. So if you're not a freak basshead like some people around here Sfwalcer, then you should be fine!post #7087 of 81247/29/13 at 10:29pm
My set should arrive soon....
Could anyway offer some alternatives to the HM5 pads for an over-ear mod? They are hard to find. I was considering getting alpha pads from Mr Speakers (I have T50rps anyway, so they'd see use either way), but he is currently sold out of them as a stand alone item! XDpost #7088 of 81247/29/13 at 10:44pmHas anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7089 of 81247/30/13 at 2:15amQuote:Bassddrivr at a higher volume than you normally listen to will do wonders. I've tried using all the different types of noise (brown, pink, white),and frequency sweeps. Bass drive is the best method there is. Even the mighty Dsnuts can relate.Originally Posted by tomer735
i just got my s500`s and have a few questions
1.whats the best way to burn in the headphones?(volume,genere,etc)
2. im looking for the best comfortable pads, i saw here the hm5 here how do they effect the sound , or you have any other suggestions?
(sorry for the english)
I love the stock pads the most, but if comfort is your priority then the HM5 pads work the best. They cut the mids, open the sound stage a tiny bit, and the micro details are even better.post #7090 of 81247/30/13 at 2:16ampost #7091 of 81247/30/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
HE HE HE That's cuz you haven't tried my SUPER BASS HM5 modded one.
It's too late, I got a pair of xb500's instead.
Lol :Ppost #7092 of 81247/30/13 at 9:01ampost #7093 of 81247/30/13 at 9:06amQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Has anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Interesting. Let us know if you get them and how they work.post #7094 of 81247/30/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
What about taping the bass ports?
Right now I have them playing an electro-house playlist in another room for at least the next 3 days (they just arrived today, like what I heard besides a certain shrillness), after which I will take a peek inside. I just know that with the bass ports taped, it's supposed to help with the bass with HM5 pads.
Also, any luck for anyone finding any HM5 pads recently? >w>post #7095 of 81247/30/13 at 3:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 42 seconds ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 56 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › klipsch promedia 2.1 vs swans m50w 5 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Aircom A3 + A5 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Confused between Bose QC25 and Sennheiser Momentum 9 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)