- 4,622 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 5:17 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 473post #7081 of 80347/29/13 at 7:39pmOMG!!! We going south again?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7082 of 80347/29/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by waynes world
Yeah, sure Sf! ...
Meng why you gonna bust me out like that. Geeez just cuz i didn't let you borrow mine you don't have be so butt hurt about it.
Oh for the record i only use the clear ones for that purpose, i use the black ones for something else................................................................. looks down. DAT DARKNESS!!!
Edited by sfwalcer - 7/29/13 at 7:59pmpost #7083 of 80347/29/13 at 7:56pmpost #7084 of 80347/29/13 at 8:48pmpost #7085 of 80347/29/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
I thinks the ATH WS55 pads should be the best in terms of sound and comfort if you just want to slightly deviate from the S500s stock sound. The big over ears HM5 pads change their sound too much, leans out the bass, so you will have to do other mods to get the bass back.
I would just get the WS55 pads direct from ATH USA for ~$10 shipped. I have them on my ES700s and they are great in terms of comfort and sound, never tried it on my S500s cuz don't want to mess up my godly HM5 modded set. :)
you said that the hm5 change the sound too much but frankly im not much of a basshead i listen mostly to rock and classic how does the hm5 going to effect does geners?post #7086 of 80347/29/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
I like the bass amount the best with the HM5 pads. So if you're not a freak basshead like some people around here Sfwalcer, then you should be fine!post #7087 of 80347/29/13 at 10:29pm
My set should arrive soon....
Could anyway offer some alternatives to the HM5 pads for an over-ear mod? They are hard to find. I was considering getting alpha pads from Mr Speakers (I have T50rps anyway, so they'd see use either way), but he is currently sold out of them as a stand alone item! XDpost #7088 of 80347/29/13 at 10:44pmHas anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7089 of 80347/30/13 at 2:15amQuote:Bassddrivr at a higher volume than you normally listen to will do wonders. I've tried using all the different types of noise (brown, pink, white),and frequency sweeps. Bass drive is the best method there is. Even the mighty Dsnuts can relate.Originally Posted by tomer735
i just got my s500`s and have a few questions
1.whats the best way to burn in the headphones?(volume,genere,etc)
2. im looking for the best comfortable pads, i saw here the hm5 here how do they effect the sound , or you have any other suggestions?
(sorry for the english)
I love the stock pads the most, but if comfort is your priority then the HM5 pads work the best. They cut the mids, open the sound stage a tiny bit, and the micro details are even better.post #7090 of 80347/30/13 at 2:16ampost #7091 of 80347/30/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
HE HE HE That's cuz you haven't tried my SUPER BASS HM5 modded one.
It's too late, I got a pair of xb500's instead.
Lol :Ppost #7092 of 80347/30/13 at 9:01ampost #7093 of 80347/30/13 at 9:06amQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Has anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Interesting. Let us know if you get them and how they work.post #7094 of 80347/30/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
What about taping the bass ports?
Right now I have them playing an electro-house playlist in another room for at least the next 3 days (they just arrived today, like what I heard besides a certain shrillness), after which I will take a peek inside. I just know that with the bass ports taped, it's supposed to help with the bass with HM5 pads.
Also, any luck for anyone finding any HM5 pads recently? >w>post #7095 of 80347/30/13 at 3:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 26 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 29 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 3 minutes ago
- › Over ears help, 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob