- 4,620 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: NYC, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 473post #7081 of 80067/29/13 at 7:39pmOMG!!! We going south again?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7082 of 80067/29/13 at 7:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by waynes world
Yeah, sure Sf! ...
Meng why you gonna bust me out like that. Geeez just cuz i didn't let you borrow mine you don't have be so butt hurt about it.
Oh for the record i only use the clear ones for that purpose, i use the black ones for something else................................................................. looks down. DAT DARKNESS!!!
Edited by sfwalcer - 7/29/13 at 7:59pmpost #7083 of 80067/29/13 at 7:56pmpost #7084 of 80067/29/13 at 8:48pmpost #7085 of 80067/29/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
I thinks the ATH WS55 pads should be the best in terms of sound and comfort if you just want to slightly deviate from the S500s stock sound. The big over ears HM5 pads change their sound too much, leans out the bass, so you will have to do other mods to get the bass back.
I would just get the WS55 pads direct from ATH USA for ~$10 shipped. I have them on my ES700s and they are great in terms of comfort and sound, never tried it on my S500s cuz don't want to mess up my godly HM5 modded set. :)
you said that the hm5 change the sound too much but frankly im not much of a basshead i listen mostly to rock and classic how does the hm5 going to effect does geners?post #7086 of 80067/29/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
I like the bass amount the best with the HM5 pads. So if you're not a freak basshead like some people around here Sfwalcer, then you should be fine!post #7087 of 80067/29/13 at 10:29pm
My set should arrive soon....
Could anyway offer some alternatives to the HM5 pads for an over-ear mod? They are hard to find. I was considering getting alpha pads from Mr Speakers (I have T50rps anyway, so they'd see use either way), but he is currently sold out of them as a stand alone item! XDpost #7088 of 80067/29/13 at 10:44pmHas anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7089 of 80067/30/13 at 2:15amQuote:Bassddrivr at a higher volume than you normally listen to will do wonders. I've tried using all the different types of noise (brown, pink, white),and frequency sweeps. Bass drive is the best method there is. Even the mighty Dsnuts can relate.Originally Posted by tomer735
i just got my s500`s and have a few questions
1.whats the best way to burn in the headphones?(volume,genere,etc)
2. im looking for the best comfortable pads, i saw here the hm5 here how do they effect the sound , or you have any other suggestions?
(sorry for the english)
I love the stock pads the most, but if comfort is your priority then the HM5 pads work the best. They cut the mids, open the sound stage a tiny bit, and the micro details are even better.post #7090 of 80067/30/13 at 2:16ampost #7091 of 80067/30/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by sfwalcer
HE HE HE That's cuz you haven't tried my SUPER BASS HM5 modded one.
It's too late, I got a pair of xb500's instead.
Lol :Ppost #7092 of 80067/30/13 at 9:01ampost #7093 of 80067/30/13 at 9:06amQuote:Originally Posted by TrollDragon
Has anyone tried these angled pads, I can't as they don't ship to Canada.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Interesting. Let us know if you get them and how they work.post #7094 of 80067/30/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
What about taping the bass ports?
Right now I have them playing an electro-house playlist in another room for at least the next 3 days (they just arrived today, like what I heard besides a certain shrillness), after which I will take a peek inside. I just know that with the bass ports taped, it's supposed to help with the bass with HM5 pads.
Also, any luck for anyone finding any HM5 pads recently? >w>post #7095 of 80067/30/13 at 3:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 16 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Album art game 4 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue, New IEM company from china with some promising models... 8 minutes ago
- › CEntrance Dacport 8 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude