Which closed cans do you guys think that's considered a serious upgrade from these? Momentums? 1r's?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/9/14 at 11:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 468
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7007 of 80927/19/13 at 1:15amQuote:
Either the ES700s or WS99s would probably be your best bet.post #7008 of 80927/19/13 at 2:11amWS99 has better mids, less aggressive highs but also less sub bass (hence the descriptions of a "quick" bass response). So if you love the S500 sub bass, the WS99 will not necessarily be an upgrade IMO. For home use only the Philips Fidelio X1 could be interesting, i haven't heard them though.post #7009 of 80927/19/13 at 10:07ampost #7010 of 80927/19/13 at 10:24ampost #7011 of 80927/19/13 at 10:48amQuote:+1
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7012 of 80927/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #7013 of 80927/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #7014 of 80927/19/13 at 4:52pmpost #7015 of 80927/19/13 at 5:25pmpost #7016 of 80927/19/13 at 6:08pmI was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.post #7017 of 80927/19/13 at 6:27pmpost #7018 of 80927/19/13 at 6:44pmpost #7019 of 80927/19/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
Well, it is the person who started the thread. There could easily be some bias going on therepost #7020 of 80927/19/13 at 7:12pmQuote:Pick them up, they are a great portable, $35 + Shipping! You can't loose and if you don't like them give them to a family member or to someone with Apple earbuds and make their life whole and complete.Originally Posted by xkonfuzed
I was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.
Got mine from here:
Do it, Do it nao!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/19/13 at 7:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2457 Active Users (538 Members and 1919 Guests)
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 31 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 51 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › 5.1 Compact System WITHOUT dedicated amplifier for Computer setup? 3 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Matrix M-Stage shipped to Adelaide, Australia [AUS] 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)