Which closed cans do you guys think that's considered a serious upgrade from these? Momentums? 1r's?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 (updated 2014 version!!!) on-ear premium portable headphones. ...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 468
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7007 of 81197/19/13 at 1:15amQuote:
Either the ES700s or WS99s would probably be your best bet.post #7008 of 81197/19/13 at 2:11amWS99 has better mids, less aggressive highs but also less sub bass (hence the descriptions of a "quick" bass response). So if you love the S500 sub bass, the WS99 will not necessarily be an upgrade IMO. For home use only the Philips Fidelio X1 could be interesting, i haven't heard them though.post #7009 of 81197/19/13 at 10:07ampost #7010 of 81197/19/13 at 10:24ampost #7011 of 81197/19/13 at 10:48amQuote:+1
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7012 of 81197/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #7013 of 81197/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #7014 of 81197/19/13 at 4:52pmpost #7015 of 81197/19/13 at 5:25pmpost #7016 of 81197/19/13 at 6:08pmI was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.post #7017 of 81197/19/13 at 6:27pmpost #7018 of 81197/19/13 at 6:44pmpost #7019 of 81197/19/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
Well, it is the person who started the thread. There could easily be some bias going on therepost #7020 of 81197/19/13 at 7:12pmQuote:Pick them up, they are a great portable, $35 + Shipping! You can't loose and if you don't like them give them to a family member or to someone with Apple earbuds and make their life whole and complete.Originally Posted by xkonfuzed
I was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.
Got mine from here:
Do it, Do it nao!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/19/13 at 7:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2723 Active Users (492 Members and 2231 Guests)
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 - which headphones do you prefer to use with DX90? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW : Fidue A81 - Warm, Smooth, Dynamic, Fun ! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 8 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)