Which closed cans do you guys think that's considered a serious upgrade from these? Momentums? 1r's?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 12/19/14 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 468
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7007 of 81487/19/13 at 1:15amQuote:
Either the ES700s or WS99s would probably be your best bet.post #7008 of 81487/19/13 at 2:11amWS99 has better mids, less aggressive highs but also less sub bass (hence the descriptions of a "quick" bass response). So if you love the S500 sub bass, the WS99 will not necessarily be an upgrade IMO. For home use only the Philips Fidelio X1 could be interesting, i haven't heard them though.post #7009 of 81487/19/13 at 10:07ampost #7010 of 81487/19/13 at 10:24ampost #7011 of 81487/19/13 at 10:48amQuote:+1
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7012 of 81487/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #7013 of 81487/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #7014 of 81487/19/13 at 4:52pmpost #7015 of 81487/19/13 at 5:25pmpost #7016 of 81487/19/13 at 6:08pmI was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.post #7017 of 81487/19/13 at 6:27pmpost #7018 of 81487/19/13 at 6:44pmpost #7019 of 81487/19/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
Well, it is the person who started the thread. There could easily be some bias going on therepost #7020 of 81487/19/13 at 7:12pmQuote:Pick them up, they are a great portable, $35 + Shipping! You can't loose and if you don't like them give them to a family member or to someone with Apple earbuds and make their life whole and complete.Originally Posted by xkonfuzed
I was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.
Got mine from here:
Do it, Do it nao!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/19/13 at 7:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 4081 Active Users (651 Members and 3430 Guests)
- › How can a planar headphone produce bass frequencies so effortless? just now
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 48 seconds ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 1 minute ago
- › Sharing Photos of my Collection 1 minute ago
- › What is this Schiit?! - constant rumbling on new Lyr 2 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3/X5 vs. Ipod 5.5G + Fiio e12 3 minutes ago
- › Portable DAC recommendations that work with Chromebooks. 3 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)