Which closed cans do you guys think that's considered a serious upgrade from these? Momentums? 1r's?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 468
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7007 of 81177/19/13 at 1:15amQuote:
Either the ES700s or WS99s would probably be your best bet.post #7008 of 81177/19/13 at 2:11amWS99 has better mids, less aggressive highs but also less sub bass (hence the descriptions of a "quick" bass response). So if you love the S500 sub bass, the WS99 will not necessarily be an upgrade IMO. For home use only the Philips Fidelio X1 could be interesting, i haven't heard them though.post #7009 of 81177/19/13 at 10:07ampost #7010 of 81177/19/13 at 10:24ampost #7011 of 81177/19/13 at 10:48amQuote:+1
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7012 of 81177/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #7013 of 81177/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #7014 of 81177/19/13 at 4:52pmpost #7015 of 81177/19/13 at 5:25pmpost #7016 of 81177/19/13 at 6:08pmI was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.post #7017 of 81177/19/13 at 6:27pmpost #7018 of 81177/19/13 at 6:44pmpost #7019 of 81177/19/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
Well, it is the person who started the thread. There could easily be some bias going on therepost #7020 of 81177/19/13 at 7:12pmQuote:Pick them up, they are a great portable, $35 + Shipping! You can't loose and if you don't like them give them to a family member or to someone with Apple earbuds and make their life whole and complete.Originally Posted by xkonfuzed
I was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.
Got mine from here:
Do it, Do it nao!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/19/13 at 7:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3593 Active Users (674 Members and 2919 Guests)
- › Sony MDR-1R or Soundmagic HP100? 5 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 21 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 40 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sony 9.1ch Digital Surround Headphone System MDR-HW700DS 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)