Which closed cans do you guys think that's considered a serious upgrade from these? Momentums? 1r's?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 7/14/14 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 468
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7007 of 80927/19/13 at 1:15amQuote:
Either the ES700s or WS99s would probably be your best bet.post #7008 of 80927/19/13 at 2:11amWS99 has better mids, less aggressive highs but also less sub bass (hence the descriptions of a "quick" bass response). So if you love the S500 sub bass, the WS99 will not necessarily be an upgrade IMO. For home use only the Philips Fidelio X1 could be interesting, i haven't heard them though.post #7009 of 80927/19/13 at 10:07ampost #7010 of 80927/19/13 at 10:24ampost #7011 of 80927/19/13 at 10:48amQuote:+1
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #7012 of 80927/19/13 at 12:34pmpost #7013 of 80927/19/13 at 12:51pmpost #7014 of 80927/19/13 at 4:52pmpost #7015 of 80927/19/13 at 5:25pmpost #7016 of 80927/19/13 at 6:08pmI was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.post #7017 of 80927/19/13 at 6:27pmpost #7018 of 80927/19/13 at 6:44pmpost #7019 of 80927/19/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
Well, it is the person who started the thread. There could easily be some bias going on therepost #7020 of 80927/19/13 at 7:12pmQuote:Pick them up, they are a great portable, $35 + Shipping! You can't loose and if you don't like them give them to a family member or to someone with Apple earbuds and make their life whole and complete.Originally Posted by xkonfuzed
I was looking into getting these headphones as a portable, and when I saw that TrollDragon has them, I figured that I can't go wrong.
Anyway, how do these compare to the V-Moda M80's in terms of SQ? I know it's not a fair comparison considering these are $50 and the M80's are $140, but I just want to know if the M80's are worth the $100 difference.
Got mine from here:
Do it, Do it nao!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
Edited by TrollDragon - 7/19/13 at 7:15pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2425 Active Users (464 Members and 1961 Guests)
- › FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620 10 seconds ago
- › ATH-A500X Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 34 seconds ago
- › Looking for recommendations for closed headphones around $100. 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Hello, denon d600 - fostex th600 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X vs Stax 007 / 009 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Help 3 minutes ago
- › Orgy of Capacitors: The Cap Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)