Decided to place a order on these tonight because of all the praise these are getting. I'm excited to see if they surpass my current favorite budget champs, the Panasonic HTF600. I was blown away at how good those sounded despite being only $35.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 460
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6887 of 81176/25/13 at 4:15pm
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (especially after burn in). My son has the Pany HTF600 and these blow them away IMHO. So much more detail and the quantity and quality of bass is amazing. I bought him a pair of the S400's (25 bucks shipped) and he hasn't used his Panasonics since.post #6888 of 81176/25/13 at 4:34pmpost #6889 of 81176/25/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Don't think, DO... Go now and place your order you know you want them, and they are amazing!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #6890 of 81176/25/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Quote:
These S500s are so last year! The ES700s are where it's at ;)post #6891 of 81176/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #6892 of 81176/25/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Not really the ES700s has a more delicate/ intricate sound, whereas the S500s has that fun mainstream linear sound that the majority will dig more.
Both sound pretty different but technically you can say the ES700s are superior. The S500s are no joke, regardless of the price. But their cheap price only make it that much mo' sweet.post #6893 of 81176/25/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Mackem, one of these days you're going to have to submit a photo of you ears - they are becoming legendary!
I still think that you should get the S500's with the HM5 pads - I'm sure they are big enough to go over your ears. And they are comfortable (the stock pads on your ears may be uncomfortable - they are for me). And the HM5 pads tame the bass just a bit which tworks well with the S500's for me.post #6894 of 81176/25/13 at 10:45pm
ES700 are too expensive to qualify for bang for buck awesomeness.post #6895 of 81176/25/13 at 11:26pmQuote:
True! I paid as much for the lambskin PADS for the es700's as I did for the entire S500post #6896 of 81176/27/13 at 3:32am
I received them today! It took 8 days to ship! Very fast.
First impression, build is good. Not that comfortable on my left ear. More later!
Edit: Heavy, maybe too heavy bass. Lacks treble I think. Not that convinced on my first encounter. Is there any way to improve the treble?
Edited by Ephraim - 6/27/13 at 4:24ampost #6897 of 81176/27/13 at 5:10ampost #6898 of 81176/27/13 at 5:17ampost #6899 of 81176/27/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Another way to balance the sound is get some WS55 pads, but you would know that already if you read the thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 51 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › In-ears for under or upto $50 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)