Decided to place a order on these tonight because of all the praise these are getting. I'm excited to see if they surpass my current favorite budget champs, the Panasonic HTF600. I was blown away at how good those sounded despite being only $35.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Yesterday at 8:26 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 460
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6887 of 80966/25/13 at 4:15pm
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised (especially after burn in). My son has the Pany HTF600 and these blow them away IMHO. So much more detail and the quantity and quality of bass is amazing. I bought him a pair of the S400's (25 bucks shipped) and he hasn't used his Panasonics since.post #6888 of 80966/25/13 at 4:34pmpost #6889 of 80966/25/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Don't think, DO... Go now and place your order you know you want them, and they are amazing!
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2post #6890 of 80966/25/13 at 8:33pmQuote:Quote:
These S500s are so last year! The ES700s are where it's at ;)post #6891 of 80966/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #6892 of 80966/25/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Not really the ES700s has a more delicate/ intricate sound, whereas the S500s has that fun mainstream linear sound that the majority will dig more.
Both sound pretty different but technically you can say the ES700s are superior. The S500s are no joke, regardless of the price. But their cheap price only make it that much mo' sweet.post #6893 of 80966/25/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
Mackem, one of these days you're going to have to submit a photo of you ears - they are becoming legendary!
I still think that you should get the S500's with the HM5 pads - I'm sure they are big enough to go over your ears. And they are comfortable (the stock pads on your ears may be uncomfortable - they are for me). And the HM5 pads tame the bass just a bit which tworks well with the S500's for me.post #6894 of 80966/25/13 at 10:45pm
ES700 are too expensive to qualify for bang for buck awesomeness.post #6895 of 80966/25/13 at 11:26pmQuote:
True! I paid as much for the lambskin PADS for the es700's as I did for the entire S500post #6896 of 80966/27/13 at 3:32am
I received them today! It took 8 days to ship! Very fast.
First impression, build is good. Not that comfortable on my left ear. More later!
Edit: Heavy, maybe too heavy bass. Lacks treble I think. Not that convinced on my first encounter. Is there any way to improve the treble?
Edited by Ephraim - 6/27/13 at 4:24ampost #6897 of 80966/27/13 at 5:10ampost #6898 of 80966/27/13 at 5:17ampost #6899 of 80966/27/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Another way to balance the sound is get some WS55 pads, but you would know that already if you read the thread.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendations for rock/metal $200 budget 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Forum Rules? 4 minutes ago
- › Best Netflix device for my wife... 5 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 6 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 7 minutes ago
- › windows soft to switch between audio outputs? 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)