Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 442

post #6616 of 8139

just finished modding another s400....sounds soooooo good.

 

but i have to admit the s500 is a easy listen

post #6617 of 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

You guys should listen to some fast bears through these, namely trance music.

There is some good stuff here:
http://mixcloud.com/liftedandreas

tongue.gif

I'm afraid of bears. 'Specially fast ones. frown.gif

post #6618 of 8139

how teke?  And what genre's are you listening to?

post #6619 of 8139
Are the JVC HAS400 with WS55 pads different enough to the JVC HAS500 with HM5 pads to warrant a purchase? Dont want them to sound the same.
post #6620 of 8139

Whoa, the gun metallic S500s just shot up $20 on Amazon.

I'd say the sound is still worth that price, but I'm glad I got them at the $50 biggrin.gif
 

post #6621 of 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockdoc View Post

I'm afraid of bears. 'Specially fast ones. frown.gif

Lol, my bad. The predictive text screwed me over
post #6622 of 8139

So, since the comfort issues have mostly fixed themselves, and a simple EQ fixed the orchestral and female vocals problem, my only problem remaining is that they are too fun. The wise-old-man wannabe in me isn't satisfied with these headphones trying to make me dance instead of making me sit down and contemplate life like I'm used to my music doing. I've never heard of a way to fix this "issue", though.

I don't think I need to add anything else to my review like I was expecting to. I've already edited the comfort thing, and I have nothing to add on how awesome these sound.


Edited by daleb - 5/27/13 at 8:01pm
post #6623 of 8139

I'm extremely tempted to pick up a s400... I love my bass but people keep saying that the 400 isn't bass shy what-so-ever and can be compared to that of the 500.

Can anyone back this up and tell me why exactly they prefer the 400 to 500 or vice versa?

post #6624 of 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by chib View Post

I'm extremely tempted to pick up a s400... I love my bass but people keep saying that the 400 isn't bass shy what-so-ever and can be compared to that of the 500.

Can anyone back this up and tell me why exactly they prefer the 400 to 500 or vice versa?

The S400 has less bass than the S500, but you can eq some bass into the S400 and you'll get good results.

The S400 can't beat the S500 when it comes to bass quantity and quality. It can come pretty close with eq.


Edited by RoMee - 5/27/13 at 8:44pm
post #6625 of 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post

The S400 has less bass than the S500, but you can eq some bass into the S400 and you'll get good results.

The S400 can't beat the S500 when it comes to bass quantity and quality. It can come pretty close with eq.

 

S400 beats the s500 in EVERYTHING except bass QUANTITY.  

 

No need to EQ

post #6626 of 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by chib View Post

I'm extremely tempted to pick up a s400... I love my bass but people keep saying that the 400 isn't bass shy what-so-ever and can be compared to that of the 500.


Can anyone back this up and tell me why exactly they prefer the 400 to 500 or vice versa?
The S500s have better bass and highs. The S400s have better mids.
post #6627 of 8139

Get BOTH brah!!!!!! Get SEVEN of each! Two pairs for every day of the week. They're THAT good.

 

You can use some stock, mod some of the others, and burn in the rest for varying intervals. 

 

These BLOW AWAY stax and senn 800's. Rage on!!!!!

post #6628 of 8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee1 View Post

Get BOTH brah!!!!!! Get SEVEN of each! Two pairs for every day of the week. They're THAT good.

 

You can use some stock, mod some of the others, and burn in the rest for varying intervals. 

 

These BLOW AWAY stax and senn 800's. Rage on!!!!!

Settle Down, Beavis!

post #6629 of 8139
I am CORNHOLIO! I need S500 for my earhole... biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #6630 of 8139

Dese carbohydrate nanotubulars is da bomb, y'all! Ain't nothin' out there sound better unless they got dem carbohydrate nanotubulars! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.