Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 440

post #6586 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

So I am playing Final Fantasy VI with these on, and I have yet to leave the file select screen, it sounds so good.

 

 

It looks very nice!

 

EDIT: after 10 minutes of just sitting on the file select screen, I made it to the world map. Terra's theme is absolutely amazing on these. I didn't realize SNES games need a warm sound.

I've got to go back and play some old games with these now! I'm going to be stuck in super digital world for a long time, so going back to something older (albeit digital) would be welcoming.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post


I'm considering producing some dubstep. I used to do trance and hard style with FL Studio,but I've heard there are better programs for it. Can you point me in the right direction?

 

I believe Ableton is a big one with electronic musicians, but FL has gotten so advanced that it sits up there with the bigger DAW's, IMO. The workflow just works differently. I use Studio One, but I'm hardly an electronic musician.

post #6587 of 8092

Nope, I use FL studios. Ableton live is considered the upgrade to FL Studios. I have never hard a need for it, FL studios works really well for me. When I finally do upgrade, though, I'm going for bitwig (only in Beta right now), because it allows for people to work together over the internet. It sounds amazing, and its exactly like Ableton, but with a much better color scheme.
 

I don't actually make dubstep as often anymore. I love orchestra music, especially the video game music type.

 

Edit: What he said above, FL Studios is amazing. Back in the day, it didn't have as much going for it. Now, its easily in the big leagues.

Edit2: It doesn't have as good of recording abilities, actually. But its one of the favorites among electronic producers.

Before he goes on to fully produce his song, Deadmau5 writes the melodies in FL studios and comes up with his ideas there.

 

 

Quote:

I've got to go back and play some old games with these now! I'm going to be stuck in super digital world for a long time, so going back to something older (albeit digital) would be welcoming.

Just make sure to turn on scanlines, and go buy one of those $10 usb SNES controllers.  It makes it way more enjoyable.


Edited by daleb - 5/25/13 at 10:07pm
post #6588 of 8092

daleb, what kind of dubstep are you listening to when you say they have more mids and treble than bass?

post #6589 of 8092

How are these for FPS gaming?
 

post #6590 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

daleb, what kind of dubstep are you listening to when you say they have more mids and treble than bass?

 

Maybe he turned the bass down on purpose lol

post #6591 of 8092
Crazyness... I listen to Dub but I don't like the Wub... Pure Crazyness... biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #6592 of 8092
As good as any other closed headphone is for FPS... Probably not comfortable for long sessions of pwning n00bs though. biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #6593 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrM View Post

How are these for FPS gaming?

 

I've recently beaten Metro LL with these on my head all the time and it was fantastic. Directional cues were more or less on the same level as the HD555, but with a much better overall sound. I find the bass on these cans to be very powerful, but not too disturbing and it won't get in the way at all.
Edited by Naingolann - 5/26/13 at 8:25am
post #6594 of 8092

So, I spent a couple days with hm5 pads on on s500's and came to the conclusion that I should never have bothered.


I figured the increase in comfort would compensate for the lack of bass but It goes beyond lack of bass in my opinion. I just felt that they were trying too hard to get the job done for anything fast and the 'punch' was gone.

 

I wasn't able to get a good seal on my head, that definitely was a main problem.

While the hm5's are super comfortable they just don't do the job properly (for me).

post #6595 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by chib View Post

So, I spent a couple days with hm5 pads on on s500's and came to the conclusion that I should never have bothered.


I figured the increase in comfort would compensate for the lack of bass but It goes beyond lack of bass in my opinion. I just felt that they were trying too hard to get the job done for anything fast and the 'punch' was gone.

I wasn't able to get a good seal on my head, that definitely was a main problem.


While the hm5's are super comfortable they just don't do the job properly (for me).

You should try the WS55 pads mate.

They are on ear and should work better for you.
post #6596 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post


You should try the WS55 pads mate.

They are on ear and should work better for you.



May have to try that, I suppose stick with on ear if you want that nice full sound.

post #6597 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by chib View Post



May have to try that, I suppose stick with on ear if you want that nice full sound.

Well, and not necessarily.

It all depends on your head size and ear shape.

I haven't tried the HM5 pads myself simply because it defeats the portable purpose of the S500. Even though I actually bought the HM5s this month.
post #6598 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by chib View Post

So, I spent a couple days with hm5 pads on on s500's and came to the conclusion that I should never have bothered.


I figured the increase in comfort would compensate for the lack of bass but It goes beyond lack of bass in my opinion. I just felt that they were trying too hard to get the job done for anything fast and the 'punch' was gone.

 

I wasn't able to get a good seal on my head, that definitely was a main problem.

While the hm5's are super comfortable they just don't do the job properly (for me).


Well then someone needs to try my double stuffed mod. It will make your S500s go KaBOOOOOOOM!!! Best soundstage and bass quality i have heard from my S500s to date. L3000.gif

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4200

 

+

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4080#post_9023880

 

= Yea boi!!! basshead.gif

post #6599 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post

 

Maybe he turned the bass down on purpose lol

I was wondering because you can never listen to dubstep properly without the prominent presence of bass. It's like a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate chips.

post #6600 of 8092

I saw that after I already screwed my pads up with glue... Fml mad.gif

 

I did it the opposite way and it sucked, I fail.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.