Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 438

post #6556 of 8091

I will later on. If It turns out scientists are actually talkative (and loud) and I need isolation, I will take the money loss and buy some Etys with some foam tips very soon.

 

But then I will have so many sound producers XD

 

Wait, I also have my 280s I could carry with me, they isolate pretty well. I already bought some spray paint to stylize those, too.

 

Edit: I just went and decided to do some research on it. If its an actual medical problem, I could possibly have chronic Otitis Externa.... I really hope not. Nevermind, it would cause a lot of other problems with that. Plus, the only thing that causes the pain is the airplane type pressure they give.

Edit2: After a little more research, foam tips would fix everything... Darn. I can't afford another set of IEMs though because I'm getting the DT880s soon as well.


Edited by daleb - 5/24/13 at 3:22pm
post #6557 of 8091

After changing my review on comfort, the JVC HA-S500s are now the 13th best on ear headphones. If someone else could give them another good review, we could get them in the top 10! Come on guys, go do it!

post #6558 of 8091

Or we could all go in there and vote for Beats just to piss everyone off. evil_smiley.gif

post #6559 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

After changing my review on comfort, the JVC HA-S500s are now the 13th best on ear headphones. If someone else could give them another good review, we could get them in the top 10! Come on guys, go do it!

naw...s400 gets my vote

post #6560 of 8091

Teke, have you tryed custom padding on the 500's? Or are you just speaking from stock on both.

 

post #6561 of 8091

i've done little mods on both

post #6562 of 8091

12 Now in the Ranking!

beerchug.gif

post #6563 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

naw...s400 gets my vote
I'm getting some S400s soon so I'll let you know if you're right wink.gif
post #6564 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post


I'm getting some S400s soon so I'll let you know if you're right wink.gif

I'm gonna have to try them out sometime...maybe they'll be a birthday gift to myself, like the S500s were last year.biggrin.gif

post #6565 of 8091

if you listen to bass heavy music the s500 is probably for you...if you like something a little more balanced than try the s400

post #6566 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

if you listen to bass heavy music the s500 is probably for you...if you like something a little more balanced than try the s400


If I had know these even existed before I ordered, I would have gone with them, actually...

 

These s500s have more bass then I need, making it very hard to listen to dubstep for long listening sessions. For everything else these are non-fatiguing completely. A very slight reduction in EQ makes these great though.

 

Edit: Which pads would decrease bass some and also make them more comfy?


Edited by daleb - 5/25/13 at 12:41am
post #6567 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post


If I had know these even existed before I ordered, I would have gone with them, actually...

These s500s have more bass then I need, making it very hard to listen to dubstep for long listening sessions. For everything else these are non-fatiguing completely. A very slight reduction in EQ makes these great though.

Edit: Which pads would decrease bass some and also make them more comfy?

Had been said many times already... AT WS55 wink.gif
post #6568 of 8091

Where would I buy those? Sadly they aren't on Amazon redface.gif
 

Also, my current EQ is improving all the music way more. Maybe its just because its after 3 in the morning, but all my music is very calming with this EQ. I like it.

Edit: Female vocals are so much better with this EQ. Somehow... Its such a small EQ change!

 

My current S500 EQ makes Small Two of Pieces just slightly less moving as on the 280s EQ. So close!


Edited by daleb - 5/25/13 at 1:51am
post #6569 of 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post

Where would I buy those? Sadly they aren't on Amazon redface.gif

 
Also, my current EQ is improving all the music way more. Maybe its just because its after 3 in the morning, but all my music is very calming with this EQ. I like it.

You need to contact AT service.

Go on their site and write them an email.
post #6570 of 8091

UHHH. So I just tore off my HD 201s pads off, since they've been broken for years (kept them because they were my first "good" headphones.)

 

I wondered what would happen if I put these pads on my ears, and the put the S500s on top of that...

 

These are the most comfortable headphones I've ever experienced in my life. Pillows don't even begin to describe it. No sound change from what I can tell, either. Looks incredibly goofy, though.
 

I don't know if I need new pads with this for home use... Man, does this feel comfy biggrin.gif

 

I want to sleep with them on, but I'm scared I'll break them...

 

Edit: plus, no change in sound!

There's a very slight amount of muffling going on. It took my 8 back and forths to hear it. Almost imperceptible. There must be something else changing the sound as well, because piano is more enjoyable with the extra pads... Like, more enjoyable then on my 280s. That's crazy.

Also, these make yours ears get a little bit hotter over time. Nothing uncomfortable, though.

 

Edit2: Woo, you guy did it! These are now on the first page of the on ear headphones list.


Edited by daleb - 5/25/13 at 2:30am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.