Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 404

post #6046 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by glunteer View Post

they already made ​​me buy so many pads ... is now trendy ws55, can they stop?

"Never Settle."

post #6047 of 8107

anyone here actually experienced JVC's warranty policy IN JAPAN? There's something I would like to ask...

post #6048 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequencyBlue View Post

anyone here actually experienced JVC's warranty policy IN JAPAN? There's something I would like to ask...

The warranty does unfortunately not cover your hearing loss due to listening to the s500's to much... I checked...

post #6049 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

How many hours you've got on yours? Mine reached 500 hours. biggrin.gif

I have no idea. I probably posted in this thread somewhere a while back how many hours I had on them, but it's been awhile since I've burned them in. I have noticed my normal listening volume doesn't make too much of a difference, I have to burn them in with bass heavy music at high volumes.

post #6050 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

How many hours you've got on yours? Mine reached 500 hours. biggrin.gif

Oh, I lost track but its 1200+ for sure. The s500 just isn't leaving my head. I honestly haven't taken any of my iems out of their cases for weeks.

And btw I'm blasting the volume pretty loud and as I'm usually too lazy to connect the speakers I watched a good amount of movies and played a ton of games with friends using the s500 as speakers and I mean loud speakers tongue_smile.gif.


Edited by kova4a - 4/26/13 at 2:40pm
post #6051 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

Do the WS55 pads increase the mid-bass on the JVC-S500's?

Well to my ears they do, the bass as a whole sounds fuller.

However, it might be just me but it seems the mids take a very slight dive. Comparing to SJ5 pads.
post #6052 of 8107

In terms of bass, mids, highs, comfort, and anti-leakage how would the HM5 pads do with the JVC-S500's?

post #6053 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakkal View Post

How many hours you've got on yours? Mine reached 500 hours. biggrin.gif

I stopped counting, and started just listening, at a little over 100 hours....and the sound did not change any since then. It changed a little bit between open-box and the 100-hour point, ( I played the State of Trance 500 5-CD mix on shuffle-repeat-all at a volume level that I would only listen to for a song or two before turning it down to save my hearing) but it's been the same since then.

post #6054 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

In terms of bass, mids, highs, comfort, and anti-leakage how would the HM5 pads do with the JVC-S500's?
They're not bad but you might as well get the WS55 pads. You don't have to ghetto rig them and I've heard the sound is better.
post #6055 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post


They're not bad but you might as well get the WS55 pads. You don't have to ghetto rig them and I've heard the sound is better.

I actually found the bass the become a bit more imprecise with the HM5 pads.

post #6056 of 8107

I don't hear any audible difference pass the few dozen hours of burning in. If you guys can detect such small nuances and have sensitive ears maybe you should invest in more proper and expensive DAC + Amp + Headphone combo.

post #6057 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierkes View Post

I actually found the bass the become a bit more imprecise with the HM5 pads.

I agree that to my ears it's very SLIGHTLY muddled with HM5 compared to stock but it's OH SO much more comfy and isolating. L3000.gif

post #6058 of 8107

Has anyone compared the HM5 pads and the WS55 pads yet? Just curious beyersmile.png

post #6059 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofamillion View Post

Has anyone compared the HM5 pads and the WS55 pads yet? Just curious beyersmile.png

 

 

Here are my impressions on HA-S400:

 

WS55 pads (35$ shipped) - sound very hallow

AKG K518DJ pads (8$ shipped) - sound great

HM5 pads (17$) on top of AKG K518DJ pads (8$) - bass gets a little muddier, but soundstage and isolation improve significantly and comfort is heavenly.


Edited by BenF - 4/27/13 at 8:02am
post #6060 of 8107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post

 

 

Here are my impressions on HA-S400:

 

WS55 pads (35$ shipped) - sound very hallow

AKG K518DJ pads (8$ shipped) - sound great

HM5 pads (17$) on top of AKG K518DJ pads (8$) - bass gets a little muddier, but soundstage and isolation improve significantly and comfort is heavenly.

 

You forgot to mention comfort. tongue.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.