- 42 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Guyton, Ga
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 1/23/15 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 401post #6001 of 81964/23/13 at 11:10pmAwesome full sized carbon nano cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6002 of 81964/24/13 at 4:40ampost #6003 of 81964/24/13 at 10:46amQuote:
Tks! Was hoping I could sneak these into a Grado headband, or something similar...doesn't look like its happening though. Oh well...I could just wait for those crazy full-size. I have a spare kidney I could sell off (I know a guy...)post #6004 of 81964/24/13 at 11:05amQuote:
Would be good to try as a driver replacement in a pair of SR60's or 80's.
I hope the price will drop down the road as $250 & $350 is a lot to drop (for most) on a shipment from Japan.
But it will be great to see someone here grab them up hot out of the injection moulder and give their review!post #6005 of 81964/24/13 at 11:11ampost #6006 of 81964/24/13 at 7:09pmpost #6007 of 81964/24/13 at 7:38pmpost #6008 of 81964/25/13 at 3:33ampost #6009 of 81964/25/13 at 3:46ampost #6010 of 81964/25/13 at 3:48ampost #6011 of 81964/25/13 at 3:52amQuote:
Wow these things are comfy! DSnuts weren't kidding lmao
Wow, still amazing how comfy these are!!!
Oh and bass is less than stock pads but more defined rather than boomy. Also its much better than the ATH SJ5 pleathers.
I have finally reached S500 perfection!Quote:
I bought the black ones too, the gunmetal just looks like cheap chrome to me lol
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 4/25/13 at 4:05ampost #6012 of 81964/25/13 at 5:50ampost #6013 of 81964/25/13 at 6:29ampost #6014 of 81964/25/13 at 6:41am
We all know Google Translate isn't perfect, but this is from a Chinese forum http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1450426 and the post is about the FiiO X3. Here's the "translated" version....Quote:FIIO X3 + JVC HA-S500
JVC HA-S500-called cabbage artifact in a foreign country, I also recently published an evaluation forum, personal feeling really afford cabbage artifact nickname.
X3 push the HA-S500 is very sufficient, subject to the design of portable headphones, X3 is called push the equipment of the highest grade of these portable headphones, even if you put 901 of these HIEND level player may not be able to get a better the sense of hearing.
X3 with low-frequency edge of the HA-S500 is a very obvious manifestation of high quality low-frequency, IF resolve very transparent and clear vocals poison, good high-frequency extension, inferior headphones, but in a closed portable headphones which claim to be excellent.
For the average portable headphone party, this combination can meet the needs of the vast majority. (Must be used to listen to classical go left)
summer to wear the headset S500 such a long time indeed very hot, it is best used in an air-conditioned environment.
o0(cabbage artifact? any Chinese speakers here capable of a better translation?)post #6015 of 81964/25/13 at 7:01amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 37 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Need new headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone know of good players with more than 128gb storage? 4 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 8 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 9 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3