- 41 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Guyton, Ga
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 401post #6001 of 81174/23/13 at 11:10pmAwesome full sized carbon nano cans
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6002 of 81174/24/13 at 4:40ampost #6003 of 81174/24/13 at 10:46amQuote:
Tks! Was hoping I could sneak these into a Grado headband, or something similar...doesn't look like its happening though. Oh well...I could just wait for those crazy full-size. I have a spare kidney I could sell off (I know a guy...)post #6004 of 81174/24/13 at 11:05amQuote:
Would be good to try as a driver replacement in a pair of SR60's or 80's.
I hope the price will drop down the road as $250 & $350 is a lot to drop (for most) on a shipment from Japan.
But it will be great to see someone here grab them up hot out of the injection moulder and give their review!post #6005 of 81174/24/13 at 11:11ampost #6006 of 81174/24/13 at 7:09pmpost #6007 of 81174/24/13 at 7:38pmpost #6008 of 81174/25/13 at 3:33ampost #6009 of 81174/25/13 at 3:46ampost #6010 of 81174/25/13 at 3:48ampost #6011 of 81174/25/13 at 3:52amQuote:
Wow these things are comfy! DSnuts weren't kidding lmao
Wow, still amazing how comfy these are!!!
Oh and bass is less than stock pads but more defined rather than boomy. Also its much better than the ATH SJ5 pleathers.
I have finally reached S500 perfection!Quote:
I bought the black ones too, the gunmetal just looks like cheap chrome to me lol
Edited by Lifted Andreas - 4/25/13 at 4:05ampost #6012 of 81174/25/13 at 5:50ampost #6013 of 81174/25/13 at 6:29ampost #6014 of 81174/25/13 at 6:41am
We all know Google Translate isn't perfect, but this is from a Chinese forum http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1450426 and the post is about the FiiO X3. Here's the "translated" version....Quote:FIIO X3 + JVC HA-S500
JVC HA-S500-called cabbage artifact in a foreign country, I also recently published an evaluation forum, personal feeling really afford cabbage artifact nickname.
X3 push the HA-S500 is very sufficient, subject to the design of portable headphones, X3 is called push the equipment of the highest grade of these portable headphones, even if you put 901 of these HIEND level player may not be able to get a better the sense of hearing.
X3 with low-frequency edge of the HA-S500 is a very obvious manifestation of high quality low-frequency, IF resolve very transparent and clear vocals poison, good high-frequency extension, inferior headphones, but in a closed portable headphones which claim to be excellent.
For the average portable headphone party, this combination can meet the needs of the vast majority. (Must be used to listen to classical go left)
summer to wear the headset S500 such a long time indeed very hot, it is best used in an air-conditioned environment.
o0(cabbage artifact? any Chinese speakers here capable of a better translation?)post #6015 of 81174/25/13 at 7:01amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 29 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Hello World 11 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)