So now I've gotta buy the WS55 pads, huh? How does it change the sound signature and how comfortable are they? I'm using the stock pads.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on Today at 4:04 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 383post #5731 of 80964/8/13 at 2:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5732 of 80964/8/13 at 3:04pmpost #5733 of 80964/8/13 at 3:09pmpost #5734 of 80964/8/13 at 3:50pmpost #5735 of 80964/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #5736 of 80964/8/13 at 4:33pmpost #5737 of 80964/8/13 at 6:33pmpost #5738 of 80964/8/13 at 8:39pmNow all I can say with the ws55 pads they are that good. The soundstage did really opened up vocals came out more and now have a nice clarity to them , bass droped about 3db in spl. Really loving the sound now . I thank thy who recommended the padspost #5739 of 80964/8/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
^ LoL even better than your gr07 BEs??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?post #5740 of 80964/8/13 at 8:49pmpost #5741 of 80964/8/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
maybe you should send those S500s with the WS55 pads to me so i can help you burn them in. Cuz ya' know i am good at that and you're gonna have those new vsonics coming up, so you're gonna be too busy anyways. Just lookin' out for ya' bro.post #5742 of 80964/8/13 at 8:56pmpost #5743 of 80964/8/13 at 9:00pm
CORRECTION i got TWO modded sets, but no stock ones. LoL The irony cuz i really want to hear how they sound like stock, but don't want to mess with my mods. ha Tempted to buy a 3rd set to leave it stock.post #5744 of 80964/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #5745 of 80964/11/13 at 4:41am
Hey guys, just received my HA-S500 this moring. Bought them off ebay from seller buyfromjapan and they came in mint condition and perfectly functioning. Took a whole month, but I'm happy they're here now.
My early impression so far:
Sound is very, very full and enveloping. Personally, they sound more like a closed headphone than an open one and also leak much, much less than both my HD555 and DT990.
Soundstage comparable to the HD555, but definitely feel more cramped than the DT990. Pretty decent I'd say.
Bass is very deep and punchy, but the mids maintain their clarity somehow (what sorcery is this?).
Treble slightly recessed compared to the HD555, but much less fatiguing than my DT990.
They're very tiny (which I like), build quality is good and so is the cable. Very strong clamp and slightly sweaty pads, but once you wear them for a while, you'll hardly notice. Although DT990 and HD555 still win in this regard.
By the way...I'm using my HA-S500 with a Fiio E9 and been listening to a bunch of music from my lossless collection, so again, these are just my early impressions. I will also be running some test with my ear force dss and see how well they perform with DH while gaming on the consoles/PC.
Edited by Naingolann - 4/11/13 at 4:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 37 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › The Noble PR (pure / reference) Australian Tour Thread (Reviews and... 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › One of those days.... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)