So now I've gotta buy the WS55 pads, huh? How does it change the sound signature and how comfortable are they? I'm using the stock pads.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 383post #5731 of 82134/8/13 at 2:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5732 of 82134/8/13 at 3:04pmpost #5733 of 82134/8/13 at 3:09pmpost #5734 of 82134/8/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Post your impressions. I might be getting them.post #5735 of 82134/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #5736 of 82134/8/13 at 4:33pmpost #5737 of 82134/8/13 at 6:33pmpost #5738 of 82134/8/13 at 8:39pmNow all I can say with the ws55 pads they are that good. The soundstage did really opened up vocals came out more and now have a nice clarity to them , bass droped about 3db in spl. Really loving the sound now . I thank thy who recommended the padspost #5739 of 82134/8/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
^ LoL even better than your gr07 BEs??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?post #5740 of 82134/8/13 at 8:49pmpost #5741 of 82134/8/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
maybe you should send those S500s with the WS55 pads to me so i can help you burn them in. Cuz ya' know i am good at that and you're gonna have those new vsonics coming up, so you're gonna be too busy anyways. Just lookin' out for ya' bro.post #5742 of 82134/8/13 at 8:56pmpost #5743 of 82134/8/13 at 9:00pm
CORRECTION i got TWO modded sets, but no stock ones. LoL The irony cuz i really want to hear how they sound like stock, but don't want to mess with my mods. ha Tempted to buy a 3rd set to leave it stock.post #5744 of 82134/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #5745 of 82134/11/13 at 4:41am
Hey guys, just received my HA-S500 this moring. Bought them off ebay from seller buyfromjapan and they came in mint condition and perfectly functioning. Took a whole month, but I'm happy they're here now.
My early impression so far:
Sound is very, very full and enveloping. Personally, they sound more like a closed headphone than an open one and also leak much, much less than both my HD555 and DT990.
Soundstage comparable to the HD555, but definitely feel more cramped than the DT990. Pretty decent I'd say.
Bass is very deep and punchy, but the mids maintain their clarity somehow (what sorcery is this?).
Treble slightly recessed compared to the HD555, but much less fatiguing than my DT990.
They're very tiny (which I like), build quality is good and so is the cable. Very strong clamp and slightly sweaty pads, but once you wear them for a while, you'll hardly notice. Although DT990 and HD555 still win in this regard.
By the way...I'm using my HA-S500 with a Fiio E9 and been listening to a bunch of music from my lossless collection, so again, these are just my early impressions. I will also be running some test with my ear force dss and see how well they perform with DH while gaming on the consoles/PC.
Edited by Naingolann - 4/11/13 at 4:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 27 seconds ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 44 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 49 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › FLC Technology FLC8 by jk47
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2