So now I've gotta buy the WS55 pads, huh? How does it change the sound signature and how comfortable are they? I'm using the stock pads.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 383post #5731 of 82094/8/13 at 2:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5732 of 82094/8/13 at 3:04pmpost #5733 of 82094/8/13 at 3:09pmpost #5734 of 82094/8/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
Post your impressions. I might be getting them.post #5735 of 82094/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #5736 of 82094/8/13 at 4:33pmpost #5737 of 82094/8/13 at 6:33pmpost #5738 of 82094/8/13 at 8:39pmNow all I can say with the ws55 pads they are that good. The soundstage did really opened up vocals came out more and now have a nice clarity to them , bass droped about 3db in spl. Really loving the sound now . I thank thy who recommended the padspost #5739 of 82094/8/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
^ LoL even better than your gr07 BEs??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?post #5740 of 82094/8/13 at 8:49pmpost #5741 of 82094/8/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
maybe you should send those S500s with the WS55 pads to me so i can help you burn them in. Cuz ya' know i am good at that and you're gonna have those new vsonics coming up, so you're gonna be too busy anyways. Just lookin' out for ya' bro.post #5742 of 82094/8/13 at 8:56pmpost #5743 of 82094/8/13 at 9:00pm
CORRECTION i got TWO modded sets, but no stock ones. LoL The irony cuz i really want to hear how they sound like stock, but don't want to mess with my mods. ha Tempted to buy a 3rd set to leave it stock.post #5744 of 82094/8/13 at 9:04pmpost #5745 of 82094/11/13 at 4:41am
Hey guys, just received my HA-S500 this moring. Bought them off ebay from seller buyfromjapan and they came in mint condition and perfectly functioning. Took a whole month, but I'm happy they're here now.
My early impression so far:
Sound is very, very full and enveloping. Personally, they sound more like a closed headphone than an open one and also leak much, much less than both my HD555 and DT990.
Soundstage comparable to the HD555, but definitely feel more cramped than the DT990. Pretty decent I'd say.
Bass is very deep and punchy, but the mids maintain their clarity somehow (what sorcery is this?).
Treble slightly recessed compared to the HD555, but much less fatiguing than my DT990.
They're very tiny (which I like), build quality is good and so is the cable. Very strong clamp and slightly sweaty pads, but once you wear them for a while, you'll hardly notice. Although DT990 and HD555 still win in this regard.
By the way...I'm using my HA-S500 with a Fiio E9 and been listening to a bunch of music from my lossless collection, so again, these are just my early impressions. I will also be running some test with my ear force dss and see how well they perform with DH while gaming on the consoles/PC.
Edited by Naingolann - 4/11/13 at 4:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015) 1 minute ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Streaming hi res music 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 7 minutes ago
- › ACS Revivo 10 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › GM releasing software that tattles on teen...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)