hey @sofastreamer, does masking tape effect the bass that much when tape modding? i tried it and im wondering if i should do scotch tape and im dont feel like cutting little strips of tape again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 10/7/14 at 6:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 377post #5641 of 81243/31/13 at 11:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5642 of 81243/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:post #5643 of 81243/31/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.post #5644 of 81243/31/13 at 3:40pmpost #5645 of 81243/31/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
I thought at least the gauge made a difference though, no?post #5646 of 81243/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #5647 of 81243/31/13 at 10:37pmpost #5648 of 81243/31/13 at 10:51pm
I changed the speaker wire of my stereo from ones as thick as my pinky finger, that the previous owner had used, to a much smaller gauge that I bought for a pittance at a Radio Shack, and noticed no difference. I didn't change it because of the sound though.....I just needed a different length of cable.post #5649 of 81243/31/13 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by shockdoc
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.
Ha ha!post #5650 of 81244/1/13 at 7:42ampost #5651 of 81244/1/13 at 7:55ampost #5652 of 81244/1/13 at 8:26ampost #5653 of 81244/1/13 at 8:32amQuote:
haha i didnt even notice the numbers. all i saw was japanese XD. 32 ohms to answer my questionpost #5654 of 81244/2/13 at 3:52pmpost #5655 of 81244/2/13 at 3:55pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 5 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Rev 2 (non-Fazor) 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Mostly Neutral, slightly warm headphones for Jazz 5 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN: HM650 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones more comfortable and bassy than the V-Moda XS 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)