hey @sofastreamer, does masking tape effect the bass that much when tape modding? i tried it and im wondering if i should do scotch tape and im dont feel like cutting little strips of tape again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 377post #5641 of 81173/31/13 at 11:31am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5642 of 81173/31/13 at 1:16pmQuote:post #5643 of 81173/31/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.post #5644 of 81173/31/13 at 3:40pmpost #5645 of 81173/31/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
I thought at least the gauge made a difference though, no?post #5646 of 81173/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #5647 of 81173/31/13 at 10:37pmpost #5648 of 81173/31/13 at 10:51pm
I changed the speaker wire of my stereo from ones as thick as my pinky finger, that the previous owner had used, to a much smaller gauge that I bought for a pittance at a Radio Shack, and noticed no difference. I didn't change it because of the sound though.....I just needed a different length of cable.post #5649 of 81173/31/13 at 11:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by shockdoc
A number of years ago a speaker company (NHT) came to one of our local audio shops to debut their premium speakers. They offered $10,000 if anyone could tell the difference between high end speaker cable and ordinary lamp wire. All kinds of dudes showed up, some with these odd little cardboard ear extender things. Long story short nobody won the 10k.
Ha ha!post #5650 of 81174/1/13 at 7:42ampost #5651 of 81174/1/13 at 7:55ampost #5652 of 81174/1/13 at 8:26ampost #5653 of 81174/1/13 at 8:32amQuote:
haha i didnt even notice the numbers. all i saw was japanese XD. 32 ohms to answer my questionpost #5654 of 81174/2/13 at 3:52pmpost #5655 of 81174/2/13 at 3:55pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 3 minutes ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impressions & Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)