Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 2/8/15 at 11:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 376post #5626 of 82093/29/13 at 7:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5627 of 82093/31/13 at 2:04am
I'm a complete newbie to the headphone world and i have learned a lot so far and still feel that there is still so much more to learn about sound quality and headphones. As of now I have only the HM 3 having purchased it by a local seller after feeling confident about the reviews given to this site. I'm very much satisfied with my HM 3 for the moment
I was contemplating of getting one of the hi-fi or mid-fi phones like the senn hd 6xx, but since I am on a budget and the top senn products would require a decent amp to run them I have decided to go for either the v-moda m-80 or one of the more established cans like the ath-m50, senn 25 hd.
Well after scouring rigidly for threads about other cans I heard someone posting about the HA S500 saying how it was such a steal. After reading a few pages and read a review how it was on par with the v-moda sq wise.
So a few concerns:
1) Has JVC created a new model cost-wise that is an upgrade of these? or these are still there latest model?
2) Is there gonna be a significant difference sound wise with my current HM 3's? (will thse be better)
3) I've read in the first few pages about someone warning about carbon nano tubes being carcinogenic. Is there a potential danger to these phones due to it? Or the cnt used are safe or small amounts? ( I can live with that :))
I would like to apologize in advance if most of my questions have been answered by the previous pages. I've only read pages 10-14 and I have to go out and attend a family gathering.
Thankspost #5628 of 82093/31/13 at 4:27amNo new model. There is the S400 but these are much better. The CNT won't do anything to you unless you use your drivers as respiratory devices. I have no expieriemce with HM3 though, sorry.post #5629 of 82093/31/13 at 9:18ampost #5630 of 82093/31/13 at 9:30ampost #5631 of 82093/31/13 at 9:48ampost #5632 of 82093/31/13 at 9:56am
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5633 of 82093/31/13 at 10:00ampost #5634 of 82093/31/13 at 10:03ampost #5635 of 82093/31/13 at 10:05ampost #5636 of 82093/31/13 at 10:34ampost #5637 of 82093/31/13 at 10:36ampost #5638 of 82093/31/13 at 11:14amQuote:I believe in burn in, but I'm curious about wiring. When it comes to speakers wiring makes a dramatic effect on the sound quality. Wouldn't the same apply to headphones?Originally Posted by sofastreamer
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5639 of 82093/31/13 at 11:30amQuote:
I was a nonbeliever about cables changing the sound, but after I got a custom Vero 150 cable with my Goldring DR150, the change was substantial.
The degree of difference is different though between cables and headphones. A lot of headphones already do come with good cables so upgrading cables wouldn't make a lot of difference. Good rule of thumb: if you can't notice it, don't waste your money on it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Back-Electret/STAX 29 seconds ago
- › FiiO Aftermarket IEM cables (RC-WT1, RC-SE1, RC-UE2) 39 seconds ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3