Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 4/9/15 at 2:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best travel headphone for $20 Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 376post #5626 of 82223/29/13 at 7:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5627 of 82223/31/13 at 2:04am
I'm a complete newbie to the headphone world and i have learned a lot so far and still feel that there is still so much more to learn about sound quality and headphones. As of now I have only the HM 3 having purchased it by a local seller after feeling confident about the reviews given to this site. I'm very much satisfied with my HM 3 for the moment
I was contemplating of getting one of the hi-fi or mid-fi phones like the senn hd 6xx, but since I am on a budget and the top senn products would require a decent amp to run them I have decided to go for either the v-moda m-80 or one of the more established cans like the ath-m50, senn 25 hd.
Well after scouring rigidly for threads about other cans I heard someone posting about the HA S500 saying how it was such a steal. After reading a few pages and read a review how it was on par with the v-moda sq wise.
So a few concerns:
1) Has JVC created a new model cost-wise that is an upgrade of these? or these are still there latest model?
2) Is there gonna be a significant difference sound wise with my current HM 3's? (will thse be better)
3) I've read in the first few pages about someone warning about carbon nano tubes being carcinogenic. Is there a potential danger to these phones due to it? Or the cnt used are safe or small amounts? ( I can live with that :))
I would like to apologize in advance if most of my questions have been answered by the previous pages. I've only read pages 10-14 and I have to go out and attend a family gathering.
Thankspost #5628 of 82223/31/13 at 4:27amNo new model. There is the S400 but these are much better. The CNT won't do anything to you unless you use your drivers as respiratory devices. I have no expieriemce with HM3 though, sorry.post #5629 of 82223/31/13 at 9:18ampost #5630 of 82223/31/13 at 9:30ampost #5631 of 82223/31/13 at 9:48ampost #5632 of 82223/31/13 at 9:56am
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5633 of 82223/31/13 at 10:00ampost #5634 of 82223/31/13 at 10:03ampost #5635 of 82223/31/13 at 10:05ampost #5636 of 82223/31/13 at 10:34ampost #5637 of 82223/31/13 at 10:36ampost #5638 of 82223/31/13 at 11:14amQuote:I believe in burn in, but I'm curious about wiring. When it comes to speakers wiring makes a dramatic effect on the sound quality. Wouldn't the same apply to headphones?Originally Posted by sofastreamer
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5639 of 82223/31/13 at 11:30amQuote:
I was a nonbeliever about cables changing the sound, but after I got a custom Vero 150 cable with my Goldring DR150, the change was substantial.
The degree of difference is different though between cables and headphones. A lot of headphones already do come with good cables so upgrading cables wouldn't make a lot of difference. Good rule of thumb: if you can't notice it, don't waste your money on it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: RHA MA750 - Flawless Victory! 9 minutes ago
- › Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 10 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2