Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 9/5/14 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 376post #5626 of 81193/29/13 at 7:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5627 of 81193/31/13 at 2:04am
I'm a complete newbie to the headphone world and i have learned a lot so far and still feel that there is still so much more to learn about sound quality and headphones. As of now I have only the HM 3 having purchased it by a local seller after feeling confident about the reviews given to this site. I'm very much satisfied with my HM 3 for the moment
I was contemplating of getting one of the hi-fi or mid-fi phones like the senn hd 6xx, but since I am on a budget and the top senn products would require a decent amp to run them I have decided to go for either the v-moda m-80 or one of the more established cans like the ath-m50, senn 25 hd.
Well after scouring rigidly for threads about other cans I heard someone posting about the HA S500 saying how it was such a steal. After reading a few pages and read a review how it was on par with the v-moda sq wise.
So a few concerns:
1) Has JVC created a new model cost-wise that is an upgrade of these? or these are still there latest model?
2) Is there gonna be a significant difference sound wise with my current HM 3's? (will thse be better)
3) I've read in the first few pages about someone warning about carbon nano tubes being carcinogenic. Is there a potential danger to these phones due to it? Or the cnt used are safe or small amounts? ( I can live with that :))
I would like to apologize in advance if most of my questions have been answered by the previous pages. I've only read pages 10-14 and I have to go out and attend a family gathering.
Thankspost #5628 of 81193/31/13 at 4:27amNo new model. There is the S400 but these are much better. The CNT won't do anything to you unless you use your drivers as respiratory devices. I have no expieriemce with HM3 though, sorry.post #5629 of 81193/31/13 at 9:18ampost #5630 of 81193/31/13 at 9:30ampost #5631 of 81193/31/13 at 9:48ampost #5632 of 81193/31/13 at 9:56am
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5633 of 81193/31/13 at 10:00ampost #5634 of 81193/31/13 at 10:03ampost #5635 of 81193/31/13 at 10:05ampost #5636 of 81193/31/13 at 10:34ampost #5637 of 81193/31/13 at 10:36ampost #5638 of 81193/31/13 at 11:14amQuote:I believe in burn in, but I'm curious about wiring. When it comes to speakers wiring makes a dramatic effect on the sound quality. Wouldn't the same apply to headphones?Originally Posted by sofastreamer
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5639 of 81193/31/13 at 11:30amQuote:
I was a nonbeliever about cables changing the sound, but after I got a custom Vero 150 cable with my Goldring DR150, the change was substantial.
The degree of difference is different though between cables and headphones. A lot of headphones already do come with good cables so upgrading cables wouldn't make a lot of difference. Good rule of thumb: if you can't notice it, don't waste your money on it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › JDS O2 blew an op-amp (pic inside). Question regarding replacement. 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)