Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/19/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 8/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. Last post on 12/9/13 at 6:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beating a dead horse... Need advice - DT770 80ohm vs. AT M50 Last post on 2/18/13 at 3:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS Last post on 7/7/13 at 2:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 376post #5626 of 78393/29/13 at 7:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5627 of 78393/31/13 at 2:04am
I'm a complete newbie to the headphone world and i have learned a lot so far and still feel that there is still so much more to learn about sound quality and headphones. As of now I have only the HM 3 having purchased it by a local seller after feeling confident about the reviews given to this site. I'm very much satisfied with my HM 3 for the moment
I was contemplating of getting one of the hi-fi or mid-fi phones like the senn hd 6xx, but since I am on a budget and the top senn products would require a decent amp to run them I have decided to go for either the v-moda m-80 or one of the more established cans like the ath-m50, senn 25 hd.
Well after scouring rigidly for threads about other cans I heard someone posting about the HA S500 saying how it was such a steal. After reading a few pages and read a review how it was on par with the v-moda sq wise.
So a few concerns:
1) Has JVC created a new model cost-wise that is an upgrade of these? or these are still there latest model?
2) Is there gonna be a significant difference sound wise with my current HM 3's? (will thse be better)
3) I've read in the first few pages about someone warning about carbon nano tubes being carcinogenic. Is there a potential danger to these phones due to it? Or the cnt used are safe or small amounts? ( I can live with that :))
I would like to apologize in advance if most of my questions have been answered by the previous pages. I've only read pages 10-14 and I have to go out and attend a family gathering.
Thankspost #5628 of 78393/31/13 at 4:27amNo new model. There is the S400 but these are much better. The CNT won't do anything to you unless you use your drivers as respiratory devices. I have no expieriemce with HM3 though, sorry.post #5629 of 78393/31/13 at 9:18ampost #5630 of 78393/31/13 at 9:30ampost #5631 of 78393/31/13 at 9:48ampost #5632 of 78393/31/13 at 9:56am
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5633 of 78393/31/13 at 10:00ampost #5634 of 78393/31/13 at 10:03ampost #5635 of 78393/31/13 at 10:05ampost #5636 of 78393/31/13 at 10:34ampost #5637 of 78393/31/13 at 10:36ampost #5638 of 78393/31/13 at 11:14amQuote:I believe in burn in, but I'm curious about wiring. When it comes to speakers wiring makes a dramatic effect on the sound quality. Wouldn't the same apply to headphones?Originally Posted by sofastreamer
i posted a few weeks ago, that my second pair that came in couple of weeks after my first pair, sounded just the same ootb as the ones i had with a couple of hundreds of hours burned in. look at my sig. burn in is nothing but a myth. maybe there are some changes during first couple of hours, but thats all about it. no matter if the diaphragm is cnt or biocellulose or what ever. if it would do change the sound, why should it always just turn it better and never worse? and why should the companies not sell already burned in sets than? thats why other forums call this place hype.fi. its the same about scary voodoo cables, that are able to turn a k701 into a hd650. nonsense, if you ask me.post #5639 of 78393/31/13 at 11:30amQuote:
I was a nonbeliever about cables changing the sound, but after I got a custom Vero 150 cable with my Goldring DR150, the change was substantial.
The degree of difference is different though between cables and headphones. A lot of headphones already do come with good cables so upgrading cables wouldn't make a lot of difference. Good rule of thumb: if you can't notice it, don't waste your money on it.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" just now
- › The Korean Thread! 3 seconds ago
- › iCAN Amp Review: A New Amp that Gives You More: More Bass, More... 10 seconds ago
- › Ray Samuels Raptor (black) 38 seconds ago
- › Best source for gaming with an AKG Q701? 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic t50p 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews 3 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone + HiFiMan EF2A Advice 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe