Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 371

post #5551 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post

haha thanks about that! sorry if I got annoying... But hopefully it will pay off when they get here around the third! and then 100 hour burn and and felt mod smily_headphones1.gif
Nice! I bet you they will! biggrin.gif I love mine!
post #5552 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Nice! I bet you they will! biggrin.gif I love mine!

I might start trying to make money at school for bass boosting peoples headphones... hmmm... 

post #5553 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post

I might start trying to make money at school for bass boosting peoples headphones... hmmm... 
Now to find a mod to make beats sound half decent... biggrin.gif
post #5554 of 8092

are the ha s500s similar to the jvc fxt 90? i loved everything about the fxt 90 sound,bass,treble,clarity,soundstage and speed,however, the cable broke,so I'm looking for a headphone. Also, i listen to alot of electronic music and i like a v-shaped sound with a large sound stage and speed,would the ha 400 or 500 be better? thanks 

post #5555 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Now to find a mod to make beats sound half decent... biggrin.gif
That is a mission we might not come back from... Lol, if I can get someone to let me touch them I might. Try felt mod...
post #5556 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyanman View Post

are the ha s500s similar to the jvc fxt 90? i loved everything about the fxt 90 sound,bass,treble,clarity,soundstage and speed,however, the cable broke,so I'm looking for a headphone. Also, i listen to alot of electronic music and i like a v-shaped sound with a large sound stage and speed,would the ha 400 or 500 be better? thanks 
S500! But do a 100+ hour burn in!!!
post #5557 of 8092
I knew after complaining on here earlier about How long does it take...

There was a package notice in the mailbox when I got home. biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
post #5558 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

I knew after complaining on here earlier about How long does it take...

There was a package notice in the mailbox when I got home. biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
nice! biggrin.gif
post #5559 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

I knew after complaining on here earlier about How long does it take...

There was a package notice in the mailbox when I got home. biggrin.gif

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

when did your order them??? what shipping speed did you chose???

post #5560 of 8092
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post


Yep.
They are significantly better, but if you're still not sure ask Dsnuts. He own a the S500s, ES700s, and the WS99s. I know he has at least heard the WS55s as well.


http://www.head-fi.org/t/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass#post_7678587  This thread is dead but..This guys must know what he is talking about. I don't just hear my friend. I was the first to own. I still own em too.

 

As for the upgrade. I would say the WS99 is an upgrade then there are things the ES700 does better over the HA-S500. Stage, mids and smoother highs..A different enough flavor on the ES700 to warrant a look..The WS99 however is a very nice full sized can..

post #5561 of 8092

Im pretty sure ive already asked this but i wanted to check with specifics: will a FiiO E6 be fine for using the S500's through a laptop and iPod? do I even need it that bad?

post #5562 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post

Im pretty sure ive already asked this but i wanted to check with specifics: will a FiiO E6 be fine for using the S500's through a laptop and iPod? do I even need it that bad?

 

The S500's are super easily driven. They can be driven out of anything.

post #5563 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post


S500! But do a 100+ hour burn in!!!

 

100 hour? I thought it was 2000 hour lol! Seriously, these things enjoy a good long beating. Go for 200 or 300 hours before forming an impressions (which will be "wow"). And they will even keep on getting better after that. If this sounds crazy, so be it!

post #5564 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

100 hour? I thought it was 2000 hour lol! Seriously, these things enjoy a good long beating. Go for 200 or 300 hours before forming an impressions (which will be "wow"). And they will even keep on getting better after that. If this sounds crazy, so be it!
100 is all you need though if you listen to them everyday
post #5565 of 8092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


http://www.head-fi.org/t/567012/the-portable-bass-kings-the-pioneer-hdj500-vs-akg-518-le-vs-the-first-look-at-the-new-at-ws55-solid-bass#post_7678587  This thread is dead but..This guys must know what he is talking about. I don't just hear my friend. I was the first to own. I still own em too.

 

Now, why does that not surprise me!

 

Quote:
As for the upgrade. I would say the WS99 is an upgrade then there are things the ES700 does better over the HA-S500. Stage, mids and smoother highs..A different enough flavor on the ES700 to warrant a look..The WS99 however is a very nice full sized can..

 

Agreed. I am only very slightly into the burn in of the WS99's, so they have a ways to go and will open up more. But even at this stage I am having a very hard time taking them off my head - they are so easy and enjoyable to listen to. Having said that, I am still mightily impressed with the S500's. They do have more of a V shaped signature, but they sound awesome and are truly incredible for the price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.