Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. - Page 355

post #5311 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOgER View Post

Hm... 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmOgER View Post

Hm... 

Now go to that same page, and click on the words inside the red circle.....

 

post #5312 of 8034
Did some extreme bass tests and it comes up as the s500 having the ability to shake its cups the hardest of all my headphones except the m100 & ws99.
The latter two were the only ones to not "bottom out" and crackle.
The s500 right side slightly crackled.
Both sides on es700 slightly cracked.
The Sony 1r crackled heavily one side had to lower.
The amperior & s400 both lower output so did not crackle.
Not shure if this means anything but for bass the s500 is dam strong.
post #5313 of 8034

Achmedisdead, Normally, after clicking on that link same HPs should appear. Either way, there is an error somewhere, I see your point.


Edited by SmOgER - 3/14/13 at 11:58pm
post #5314 of 8034

You guys, two pages back, gopanthersgo1, don't listen too loud. I got audiophile friends who have to wear hearing aid. They're not even 40 yet.

 

It's not worth to lose your hearing over a nice headphone.

post #5315 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post

You guys, two pages back, gopanthersgo1, don't listen too loud. I got audiophile friends who have to wear hearing aid. They're not even 40 yet.

It's not worth to lose your hearing over a nice headphone.
I've been listening at -14... that was just to block out the sound of my autistic cousin and 5 year old bro fighting and screaming... wink.gif
post #5316 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

Did some extreme bass tests and it comes up as the s500 having the ability to shake its cups the hardest of all my headphones except the m100 & ws99.
The latter two were the only ones to not "bottom out" and crackle.
The s500 right side slightly crackled.
Both sides on es700 slightly cracked.
The Sony 1r crackled heavily one side had to lower.
The amperior & s400 both lower output so did not crackle.
Not shure if this means anything but for bass the s500 is dam strong.

 

Did your eardrums crackle as well lol!

post #5317 of 8034

Well I received these earlier this week. 

I'm a fairly big guy with a "big" head, and yes my wife agrees.

I was of two minds with these, they sounded wonderful, great sound for what you are paying.

 

However, I can not go around with these without feeling silly, they just stick out of my head. For home listening I have all my full size cans, and for on-the-go or workplace, I prefer earphones.

 

These just do not fit my needs. I gave them to my daughter, who looks much better with them but also appreciates the sound. She was quite happy, and it makes a good alternative to her Grados, especially when she's not listening to punk or rock music.

 

Made her day, actually. 

post #5318 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

Well I received these earlier this week. 
I'm a fairly big guy with a "big" head, and yes my wife agrees.
I was of two minds with these, they sounded wonderful, great sound for what you are paying.

However, I can not go around with these without feeling silly, they just stick out of my head. For home listening I have all my full size cans, and for on-the-go or workplace, I prefer earphones.

These just do not fit my needs. I gave them to my daughter, who looks much better with them but also appreciates the sound. She was quite happy, and it makes a good alternative to her Grados, especially when she's not listening to punk or rock music.

Made her day, actually. 
great dad!
post #5319 of 8034
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

 

However, I can not go around with these without feeling silly, they just stick out of my head. For home listening I have all my full size cans, and for on-the-go or workplace, I prefer earphones.

 

 

Yup, I'm not a big "wear headphones out in public" kind of guy (maybe because I am a relic), although I was doing so with my modded ksc75's and senn px100ii's. So I personally could never wear the s500's out in public. But, I'm thinking that if the WS99's are somewhat more svelte (and if I actually get them), that I might be able to wear them when out and about (and maybe even at the gym?).

post #5320 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

Well I received these earlier this week. 

I'm a fairly big guy with a "big" head, and yes my wife agrees.

I was of two minds with these, they sounded wonderful, great sound for what you are paying.

 

However, I can not go around with these without feeling silly, they just stick out of my head. For home listening I have all my full size cans, and for on-the-go or workplace, I prefer earphones.

 

These just do not fit my needs. I gave them to my daughter, who looks much better with them but also appreciates the sound. She was quite happy, and it makes a good alternative to her Grados, especially when she's not listening to punk or rock music.

 

Made her day, actually. 

I can understand that. I don't wear them out and about either, partly because they look a bit big on me, but also because I can't hear my surroundings with them on. I was hit by cars twice when I was younger, when I wasn't even wearing headphones, so now I am more conscious of my surroundings now. When I do go out, I use a small open-back headphone that lets me hear outside noises, providing I don't crank the volume.

post #5321 of 8034
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


great dad!

we need an audiophile Family Man thread, the ONE thing I wish I could do is share my cans with my family q.q 

 

I got a buddy who I share em with but, it's not the FLESH N BLOOD FROM OUT OF UR BODY, so it's not as enjoyable

 

Non the less though I'm in the air with Jvc atm... I'd love to try these. I tried the Jvc ha-300... they where horrific

 

I'd like to hope these cans are by the same ppl who make the Hx-1000 :O [the 500s that is] 

post #5322 of 8034

So these are supra-aural right? And foldable?

post #5323 of 8034

Yes and yes.

post #5324 of 8034
Mine shipped this morning...Hopefully everything goes smoothly.
post #5325 of 8034

Im replacing my S 500 headband pad with sennhieser hd25 pads. will someone post some pics of the process?

Thanks,

wburton

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread.